+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: NLDS: Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    Gonzalez is one of those guys who does not hide his emotions and I guess it took him a while to settle down.

Wainwright's curve was lethal. I can't recall anytime this season where Harper looked that bad. I'm going with 'da Nats in 4.
    Harper struck out 5 times in the game Petttitte started this year in DC. The Yankees fed him a steady diet of breaking balls that entire series and he struggled. I think other teams took notice because his stats actually started to decline a bit after that game.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Harper struck out 5 times in the game Petttitte started this year in DC. The Yankees fed him a steady diet of breaking balls that entire series and he struggled. I think other teams took notice because his stats actually started to decline a bit after that game.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_22338691&v=3

NYYF Legend

5-1 St. L in the 3rd. 7 hits allowed by Zimmerman, doesn't seem to have it today.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Stat Guru

our old buddy christian garcia is in the game now for the nats
    Check out my blog where I talk about the Yankees, Sports in general, Movies, and Life (ha) http://onyourmarcgetsetgo.blogspot.com/

NYYF Legend

Back to back jacks by Zimmerman and LaRoche. 7-3 Cardinals.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar

I hate the cards and i really want the nats to win to be honest.

NYYF Legend

Amazing catch by Jon Jay. Ran into the outfield wall and still held onto the ball.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

NYYF Legend

Two run bomb by Beltran. 9-3 St. Louis after 6.

Addicted Member

It's actually 8-4 Cardinals unless the score is wrong on tv. Young kid Harper just tried to do too much and win this game all on his own and helped end the 6th early. Nationals scored one run that inning on a sac fly.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Addicted Member

Cards blowing it open..now 11-4.

I'm not rooting for or against either team but now that I live in DC I have to say it would be sweet for the Yanks to meet the Nationals in the WS. I would represent down here at Nationals stadium during the series.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Curtain call? Uncalled for. The game's not over. The series is not over. Plenty of time for Beltran to lose the series with the bat on his shoulder.

Addicted Member

lol..yea that was a little much. Oh well, Cardinals even series 12-4. Lets hope this goes to 5.

Hopefully the Nats win this in 2 more games. Hate the WC.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting View Post
    Amazing catch by Jon Jay. Ran into the outfield wall and still held onto the ball.
    They must have replayed it a dozen times and my head hurt after each one. I expected them to have to cart him off the field.

Nats back down to earth......c'mon guys, re-group and revenge time.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Cy Young

Jackson starting tomorrow, he can be real hit or miss... got destroyed last time out against the Cards, but he also had a stellar start against them earlier this year. Kind of like Burnett, let's hope the get good Edwin tomorrow.

I don't understand why this Cardinal's team is playing so well. They're without Carp/Pujols/Berkman
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I don't understand why this Cardinal's team is playing so well. They're without Carp/Pujols/Berkman
    They have the highest OPS+ in the NL, they've gotten great years from Craig, Freese, Molina, Beltran, and Holliday. They're pitching is solid overall as well.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Jackson starting tomorrow, he can be real hit or miss... got destroyed last time out against the Cards, but he also had a stellar start against them earlier this year. Kind of like Burnett, let's hope the get good Edwin tomorrow.
    If Jackson lays an egg the Strasburg (mis) handling discussions are going to start to resurface with renewed intensity, and for good reason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Pretty sure Carp is back for them.
    Beltran & Craig did a good job covering a lot of what Pujols & Berkman did last year.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    If Jackson lays an egg the Strasburg (mis) handling discussions are going to start to resurface with renewed intensity, and for good reason.
    The Nats are having one of those seasons that come along once (if he's lucky) in a player's career. I'm not saying they're going to revert back to the doormats of the NL East, but the chances of having everything fall into place, plus some luck when they needed it, are very slim. I think if you asked any player if he'd risk having his career short in order to have a real shot at a ring, most of them would take it.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Are the nats going to regret shutting down Straz?

NYYF Legend

The Nats are having one of those seasons that come along once (if he's lucky) in a player's career. I'm not saying they're going to revert back to the doormats of the NL East, but the chances of having everything fall into place, plus some luck when they needed it, are very slim. I think if you asked any player if he'd risk having his career short in order to have a real shot at a ring, most of them would take it.
    Yep. My sentiments exactly.

Frank Robinson just threw out the first pitch for the Nats, and it occurred to me ... he could be doing this for three different teams in this postseason. I wonder who asked and how he decided.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Harper just missed a two run HR about 20 more feet or so and nats would of had the lead.

NYYF Legend

I think the Nats are set up great next year. The only players they are potentially losing to FA are LaRoche & Jackson. Pretty sure everyone else of any import is under conract, arb eligible or pre-arb. They should be a one of the heavy favorites next year in the NL East with young roation headed by Gio, Jordan and that Strasburg kid.

That said, I'd have ridden Strasburg this year myself and worry about next year, next year.

If I was a Nats fan, I'd feel much more confident with Starsburg on the hill tomorrow than Detwiler, that's for sure.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information