+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66
  1. #1
    NYYF Triple Crown

    CyYoung4Vazquez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    UES

    The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    My wife and I were sitting in the left field bleachers, furthest seats towards the third base side. (Kind of hard to explain) but to our right was the bottom of the top level seats. Next to me was essentially this hollow metal/aluminum box. Anyway, when Grandy hit his first HR, I started hitting it. Within seconds this usher runs over to me and threatens to kick me out. I asked if I was physically hurting anyone? Obvious answer, no. Then asked if there was a no fun having policy? She just sort of said something inaudible and walked away. It's the bleachers, supposed to be loud.

    There was also this woman sitting 4-5 rows ahead of us. At one point she complained to the ushers that the section was being too loud. That's right too loud. Usher/Cop standing there actually tell everyone to calm down. ARE YOU SERIOUS? When the Baltimore game finished, everyone was obviously going crazy. God forbid this woman was hit with popcorn. So again, she storms over to the cop/security. They in turn come over to the guy and are on the verge of kicking him out. Everyone in the section started telling the cop he did nothing wrong. Thankfully they let him stay.

    A few other times this season, I sat in right. Those ushers are beyond belief. It's the BLEACHERS. Someone chanting Red Sox Suck is not a big deal. If you're so worried about kids, throw up some advisory signs on the Yankee/Stubhub websites. Place is not Disneyland.


  2. #2

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    My wife and I were sitting in the left field bleachers, furthest seats towards the third base side. (Kind of hard to explain) but to our right was the bottom of the top level seats. Next to me was essentially this hollow metal/aluminum box. Anyway, when Grandy hit his first HR, I started hitting it. Within seconds this usher runs over to me and threatens to kick me out. I asked if I was physically hurting anyone? Obvious answer, no. Then asked if there was a no fun having policy? She just sort of said something inaudible and walked away. It's the bleachers, supposed to be loud.

    There was also this woman sitting 4-5 rows ahead of us. At one point she complained to the ushers that the section was being too loud. That's right too loud. Usher/Cop standing there actually tell everyone to calm down. ARE YOU SERIOUS? When the Baltimore game finished, everyone was obviously going crazy. God forbid this woman was hit with popcorn. So again, she storms over to the cop/security. They in turn come over to the guy and are on the verge of kicking him out. Everyone in the section started telling the cop he did nothing wrong. Thankfully they let him stay.

    A few other times this season, I sat in right. Those ushers are beyond belief. It's the BLEACHERS. Someone chanting Red Sox Suck is not a big deal. If you're so worried about kids, throw up some advisory signs on the Yankee/Stubhub websites. Place is not Disneyland.
    I took my sons in August and we sat in the RF bleachers, they started banging the metal seats when the Yanks hit a HR and the decurity guard told them to relax. They are 7 & 9.

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    BronxBombers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Security has been awful everytime I've been in the bleachers too
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post

    There was also this woman sitting 4-5 rows ahead of us. At one point she complained to the ushers that the section was being too loud. That's right too loud. Usher/Cop standing there actually tell everyone to calm down. ARE YOU SERIOUS? When the Baltimore game finished, everyone was obviously going crazy. God forbid this woman was hit with popcorn. So again, she storms over to the cop/security. They in turn come over to the guy and are on the verge of kicking him out. Everyone in the section started telling the cop he did nothing wrong. Thankfully they let him stay.
    This is just my opinion, but if you're at YANKEE STADIUM at a huge game, and you're complaining about the noise, you deserve everything that's gonna come your way. Obviously I don't mean a scenario like the Dodgers fans beating that Giants fan half to death, but verbal, emotional, whatever abuse is fine by me lol

  4. #4

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I think Nicole (starr_69) has had similar comments about the bleacher security people. Does sound a little stupid to be chastising people for cheering for the Yankees.

  5. #5
    #1 Yankee fan yankeesrule2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I was there earlier in the year, and the security yelled at myself and my father for being too loud when Jeter hit a Homer.. They said there was an elderly person complaining that we screamed too loud.. SMH
    Rich

  6. #6
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    So even seeing a Yankee game has to appease the least common denominator. If one person is unhappy about something than it has to stop. Lovely.

  7. #7

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    If one person is unhappy about something than it has to stop.
    If that is the case, I'm going to demand complete silence in the stadium for the post-season games.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  8. #8

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    I took my sons in August and we sat in the RF bleachers, they started banging the metal seats when the Yanks hit a HR and the decurity guard told them to relax. They are 7 & 9.
    Has anyone on this message board sat in the bleachers in old Yankee Stadium in the late 1980's or early 1990s? I once saw an Orioles cap taken right off of a 9 or 10 year old kid and ripped to shreds. The "bald vinny" of the era was apologetic, but would only replace the cap with a Yankees cap. These truly are different times...

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Almost impossible to do, but it would be funny to set up a flash mob in a bleacher section where one guy complains to security about the noise and when security comes to tell people to be quiet every one in the section just gets up and leaves except for the complainer

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I lucking into Club Box tickets to the Eagles - Giants game last Sunday night. Talk about LOUD.

    What did this lady expect when attending the deciding game of a 162-game season. High Tea with the Queen?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  11. #11

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    Has anyone on this message board sat in the bleachers in old Yankee Stadium in the late 1980's or early 1990s? I once saw an Orioles cap taken right off of a 9 or 10 year old kid and ripped to shreds. The "bald vinny" of the era was apologetic, but would only replace the cap with a Yankees cap. These truly are different times...
    I sat out there. It was a war zone, that stuff did happen. Before the Yankees got hot at the box office often we would be let in for free. Everything was crazy until a few things happened:

    1. There was a Sunday Night game where ESPN placed a crowd mike in the RF bleachers, every chant was audible including a very loud F*ck YOU ALBERT towards Albert Belle. As the rumor mill goes, George Steinbrenner was livid watching from Tampa, the free admissions stopped, the security was ramped up a lot less was tolerated.

    2. The biggest mistake some guys made out there was being part of that Daily News column. Bondy even reported how the Yankees were letting us buy playoff and Series tickets at face in the section before the onsale (so they stopped that courtesy..I don't blame the Yankees I am sure they got tons of complaints for it). Enough people read the column, decided to sit there, and it became a cool thing to do. Then the internet exploded and there were videos of the crap going on out there. It's one thing to overlook it with a wink, its another thing for the Yankees to overlook a hat burning or fight when its out there on You Tube. The "newbies" wanted to be part of a show, and the core people slowly stopped going.

    3. Season Tickets. in the old days, people would get tossed, pay another $4, and walk back in. With partial and season tickets the Yankees could now revoke your plan and playoff rights.

    4. Taking out the beer, obviously changed the dynamic

    5. The Stadium became expensive enough families started sitting out there, even on weeknights. They would complain about the language, the Yankees started to crack down harder.

    It is a different experience now. The roll call is as forced as the YMCA, the fans are not die hards anymore that went to 60 games a year in the pre assigned seating, section 39 days.

    Not saying this is bad, some of the stuff that went on out there, looking back older and wiser, I am ashamed I participated in. But it is different

  12. #12
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I dont sit in the bleachers that often but thats awful. Never witnessed something like this in other sections
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  13. #13
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I have nothing against making noise, but frankly, I'm glad security made the OP stop banging the hollow metal box. That sounds extremely annoying.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #14

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Remember these guards are poorly paid and under constant pressure from their superiors. Keep that in mind when dealing with them that they don't craft the Yankee policy. Does anyone really think the guy wants to walk down to the bleachers and tell a guy who may be half in the bag he is cheering too loud? They have eyes in the sky that call down and make them do it.

    If you ever wonder how, for example, the guard can see someone drinking from a beer can smuggled in, it is because the Yankees have supervisors with binoculars watching the crowd

  15. #15
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    With all of this security, how come they do NOTHING about people smoking? I have sat in 407B in my buddy's seats on a couple of occasions and been covered in cigarette smoke from people in the rear two rows.

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    If that is the case, I'm going to demand complete silence in the stadium for the post-season games.
    lol -how ridiculous Security is.

    And if you don't like the noise, sit at home and watch the game. Sheesh

  17. #17

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Couple of years ago, took my son to a game and sat in the first row of the "batters eye' seats...heavily discounted through a Yankees Universe promotion. The 4 people next to me were 2 couples who were thrashed; harmless, relatively quiet, but to the point where they could not purchase any more beer. There was a guy in row 2 who was screaming profanities at the Toronto outfielder non stop. Suddenly, security comes en masse and demands to see the 4 tickets of the drunk, but otherwise behaved, people next to me. When they produced the paper tickets, security ripped them in half and said "this is your warning". The drunks had no idea what they did, but they were goofing saying 'we're in trou-ble, oooh'.
    The obnoxious guy behind them, thinking security is gone, starts in with another long 4 letter word tirade...and immediately security (waiting right behind the 2nd row) grabs him and pulls him out...I don't think his feet were touching the ground as he was kicked out. I guess they had the wrong people at first thinking the 4 were the ones cursing. I ask a female security chick what was with the tearing of the tickets, and she said it is a warning. If someone does something unruly and security demands to see your ticket, and it is torn already, its considered strike two and you are gone. I never heard of this and I wonder if this actually is the policy.

  18. #18
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Couple of years ago, took my son to a game and sat in the first row of the "batters eye' seats...heavily discounted through a Yankees Universe promotion. The 4 people next to me were 2 couples who were thrashed; harmless, relatively quiet, but to the point where they could not purchase any more beer. There was a guy in row 2 who was screaming profanities at the Toronto outfielder non stop. Suddenly, security comes en masse and demands to see the 4 tickets of the drunk, but otherwise behaved, people next to me. When they produced the paper tickets, security ripped them in half and said "this is your warning". The drunks had no idea what they did, but they were goofing saying 'we're in trou-ble, oooh'.
    The obnoxious guy behind them, thinking security is gone, starts in with another long 4 letter word tirade...and immediately security (waiting right behind the 2nd row) grabs him and pulls him out...I don't think his feet were touching the ground as he was kicked out. I guess they had the wrong people at first thinking the 4 were the ones cursing. I ask a female security chick what was with the tearing of the tickets, and she said it is a warning. If someone does something unruly and security demands to see your ticket, and it is torn already, its considered strike two and you are gone. I never heard of this and I wonder if this actually is the policy.
    Yes, that is the policy. However, there's a workaround, with paper tickets. Doh!

  19. #19
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    lol -how ridiculous Security is.

    And if you don't like the noise, sit at home and watch the game. Sheesh
    And make sure the TV is on mute!

  20. #20
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Banging a drum all day would be very irritating the rest of it is very much overbearing.
    Last edited by YankeePride1967; 10-05-12 at 08:04 PM.
    Life is good!

  21. #21

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I have nothing against making noise, but frankly, I'm glad security made the OP stop banging the hollow metal box. That sounds extremely annoying.
    I've been to games in the old Montreal Forum. They had plywood installed against the railing behind the blue seats JUST FOR the purpose of making noise. When the Habs scored a goal, forget it. You couldn't hear anything but thunder from people banging on the ply-wood. No prompting by the scoreboard needed.

    Different times, indeed....

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  22. #22
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    I think Nicole (starr_69) has had similar comments about the bleacher security people. Does sound a little stupid to be chastising people for cheering for the Yankees.
    Yeah, they put us on no tolerance because of incidents we had nothing to do with. They've calmed down but we're still suffering the consequences.

  23. #23

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    I've never gotten yelled at for being too loud, but last year I sat in the first row of the terrace for Game 5 of the ALDS and I got yelled at for banging on the glass while the Yankees looked like they were rallying. It was probably a good thing, because after that game I probably would have broken through that glass. I also can see how that could be annoying to other people, along with banging on a metal box.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I also can see how that could be annoying to other people, along with banging on a metal box.
    Could be annoying, but there's a fine line somewhere between home field advantage crowd noise and suppressing your fans' enthusiasm for the benefit of a few casual fans that won't be back for another year

  25. #25
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: The Bleacher Security Guys/Lady

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Could be annoying, but there's a fine line somewhere between home field advantage crowd noise and suppressing your fans' enthusiasm for the benefit of a few casual fans that won't be back for another year
    I don't know why you assume it's only casual fans who would be annoyed by banging-on-a-box sort of noise. I see it the opposite way - that seems like amateur crap to me.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts