+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 73 of 73
  1. #51

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Very weird...I'm on the partial payment plan for 2013, card charged on Thursday, but then credited the day after. Any one else experienced this too?

  2. #52
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by SF9067 View Post
    Very weird...I'm on the partial payment plan for 2013, card charged on Thursday, but then credited the day after. Any one else experienced this too?
    So far my card has not been charged but I have not seen a credit either. We never had this problem in past years where you paid for the Post Season in September and the Full Season strating in January. I knew the Yankees charging us for both at the same time was going to cause problems.

  3. #53

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    The other thing is that I don't remember getting a paper invoice in the mail and I cannot log into my online yankees account to see what the payment schedules are. I can only see what I paid through my CC statements which has two pieces (one for postseason and one for 2013 but I don't know which is which).

    How the f*** that they get away with not sending out paper invoices?

  4. #54
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    I got through to the billing dept. They said the Nov.1 CC payment on the payment plan has been pushed back because of the storm. Also said my credit for unplayed playoff games will not show for a few more weeks.

  5. #55
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I got through to the billing dept. They said the Nov.1 CC payment on the payment plan has been pushed back because of the storm. Also said my credit for unplayed playoff games will not show for a few more weeks.
    And if someone desperately needed the extra $2K on his credit limit to buy a generator for his storm damaged home, what excuse do you suppose they would give him then

  6. #56

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Dude I am right there with you. I opened up a ticketmaster ticket couple weeks ago and got the same BS. I told them that others have had the fees refunded for the same purchase and that it said in writing we would get a full refund. Two agents and one supervisor denied me, so I contacted my Yankees rep who said ticketmaster was responsible.

    That's when I issued a charge back so they can deal with the credit card company now.
    So I finally got all the fees refunded to me! I continued to bitch to them, sending numerous emails and basically called them complete liars and frauds. They told me on numerous occasions if they could refund the fees they would but it was the Yankees decision and the Yankees were keeping the funds. After speaking to my season ticket rep and being told that this was not the case I informed they flat out lied to me and if this wasn't settled I was going to put through a chargeback on my credit card for their fraud. And magically I get an email today saying "good news! We are refunding all fees for all of your orders". Amazing how they were somehow able to find a way to refund that money after they told me it was impossible. Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THEM KEEP THAT MONEY. If you need me to forward you my email chain as proof that they will refund the money so that you can use that against them I will, just email me at jross9389@yahoo.com. Good luck

  7. #57
    Addicted Member
    yankeejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    And if someone desperately needed the extra $2K on his credit limit to buy a generator for his storm damaged home, what excuse do you suppose they would give him then
    Im not in that bad of shape, but it would really help not to have to pay Amex for that charge right now.
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

  8. #58
    Devoted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    My NYY sales rep told me yesterday that refunds for unused post season tickets will be at least 2 more weeks. I asked why Ticketmaster issued refunds in 3 business days and the Yankees take 5 or more weeks? No reply.

    This is just very poor customer service when all other businesses are able to refund in a few days. I opened an AMEX dispute, much easier than dealing with the NY Yankees.

  9. #59
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    My NYY sales rep told me yesterday that refunds for unused post season tickets will be at least 2 more weeks. I asked why Ticketmaster issued refunds in 3 business days and the Yankees take 5 or more weeks? No reply.

    This is just very poor customer service when all other businesses are able to refund in a few days. I opened an AMEX dispute, much easier than dealing with the NY Yankees.
    Another reason to not be a STH . . .

  10. #60
    Devoted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    My NYY sales rep told me yesterday that refunds for unused post season tickets will be at least 2 more weeks. I asked why Ticketmaster issued refunds in 3 business days and the Yankees take 5 or more weeks? No reply.

    This is just very poor customer service when all other businesses are able to refund in a few days. I opened an AMEX dispute, much easier than dealing with the NY Yankees.
    It took 3 hours for AMEX to credit my account and send me a well written email thanking me for being a valued customer and for my business. Now there is a lesson in world class customer service for the NYY to learn.

  11. #61
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Another reason to not be a STH . . .

    It really seems like the Yankees go out of their way to make fans want to give up their season ticket plans.

  12. #62
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It really seems like the Yankees go out of their way to make fans want to give up their season ticket plans.
    It worked with me. My only regret is not dropping my plan a couple seasons sooner than I did.

    I really looked for reasons to stay but they fought me at every turn and basically forced me into getting rid of them.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  13. #63
    Addicted Member
    yankeejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    I responded to my agent's Thanksgiving ecard by asking when I would be refunded.

    "Two to three weeks".

    Unacceptable
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

  14. #64
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeejohn View Post
    I responded to my agent's Thanksgiving ecard by asking when I would be refunded.

    "Two to three weeks".

    Unacceptable
    Haven't they been saying "two to three weeks" for the last month?

  15. #65
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeejohn View Post
    I responded to my agent's Thanksgiving ecard by asking when I would be refunded.

    "Two to three weeks".

    Unacceptable
    Chargeback

  16. #66

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    I really don't get it. For such a high revenue cash rich team, why are they playing this stupid float game? I went back to my CC statements and calculated that they owe me about $3500 for my unplayed playoff strips,

    I think cash is worth a lot more to them since they are servicing the debt on the stadium. That's only reason I can think of for such a long drag on refund. I have seasons to knicks, rangers, jets and giants; the yankees are the worst in this department.

  17. #67

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    I really don't get it. For such a high revenue cash rich team, why are they playing this stupid float game? I went back to my CC statements and calculated that they owe me about $3500 for my unplayed playoff strips,

    I think cash is worth a lot more to them since they are servicing the debt on the stadium. That's only reason I can think of for such a long drag on refund. I have seasons to knicks, rangers, jets and giants; the yankees are the worst in this department.
    I honestly don't think its that they are trying to steal money, it is that they are this inept

  18. #68

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I honestly don't think its that they are trying to steal money, it is that they are this inept
    Wow..never said they are stealing money..that's a bit strong..just thinking that their finance guys being "smart" managing their account payables..no different than what a large corporation would do..I think they are "clever" not inept

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Just checked my account. Yankees finally credited my unplayed playoff tickets refund to next years' season tickets. Only took them a month to do it.

  20. #70
    Addicted Member
    yankeejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Just checked my account. Yankees finally credited my unplayed playoff tickets refund to next years' season tickets. Only took them a month to do it.
    How can you tell? I cant find anything on my account page that would reflect that. The WS tickets are not even showing up on the Post season invoice, just the ALCS.
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

  21. #71
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeejohn View Post
    How can you tell? I cant find anything on my account page that would reflect that. The WS tickets are not even showing up on the Post season invoice, just the ALCS.
    Because my next payment is listed for Dec.10 for $78. Only way that could be the right amount is if I was credited for all the unplayed playoff games. Otherwise i would have my next payment listed as for today at $283 with another for the same amount on Dec.10.

  22. #72
    Addicted Member
    yankeejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Just called again. "Week to ten days" this time. At least the imaginary number is getting smaller.
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

  23. #73

    Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

    Yankees finally refunded to my CC yesterday. Full season playoff strips.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts