+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Unplayed playoff game refunds

How long does it normally take to get your money back for unplayed playoff games? For example I have wild card tixx that will be going unused.

Thanks!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: Unplayed playoff game refunds

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    How long does it normally take to get your money back for unplayed playoff games? For example I have wild card tixx that will be going unused.

Thanks!
    Me too. I can't remember the exact time frame but I think we get reimbursed fairly quickly.

Got my refund 30 minutes ago, although there is a temporary hold on it with paypal...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    Got my refund 30 minutes ago, although there is a temporary hold on it with paypal...
    good to know it's that quick. I paid through my credit card which usually doesn't show refunds until after it goes through completely so I'll expect it sometime early next week.

Do they still keep the $6.00 fee?

Addicted Member

2012 AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARD GAME REFUND INFORMATION
    Dear Me,

Thank you for your recent purchase of tickets for the potential American League Wild Card Game (the "Wild Card") at Yankee Stadium.

Because the New York Yankees won the American League East title, the Wild Card Game will not be played at Yankee Stadium.

If you purchased individual tickets to the above game on the phone or online via yankees.com, you will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster. The refund will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the purchase of the respective postseason tickets. Postseason tickets to Postseason games that are not played have no cash value and should not be returned to the Yankees.

On behalf of the entire Yankees organization, thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to contact the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office at (212) YANKEES or via email at tickets@yankees.com if you have any questions.

NYYF Legend

Has anyone else gotten screwed out of the $2.50 e-ticket and $3.00 processing fees on their refunds?

I paid $79.80 and they only gave me a $74 credit

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Has anyone else gotten screwed out of the $2.50 e-ticket and $3.00 processing fees on their refunds?

I paid $79.80 and they only gave me a $74 credit
    It was weird for me I had a $5.80 credit and a $80 credit when I viewed my credit card statement. I paid $85.80.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    It was weird for me I had a $5.80 credit and a $80 credit when I viewed my credit card statement. I paid $85.80.
    I do see that on one of my cards, on the other they didn't refund the fees. Weird that they would break out the cost like that

Separating the cost components makes sense to me on the refund. One entity gets the ticket revenue, a different one collects the fees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Icon23 View Post
    Separating the cost components makes sense to me on the refund. One entity gets the ticket revenue, a different one collects the fees.
    Yeah but how many years have they been doing this? This is the first year I've noticed a breakout in refunded payments

Yeah but how many years have they been doing this? This is the first year I've noticed a breakout in refunded payments
    Nothing associated with the Yankees surprises me anymore. Last year I had 20 game plan #2 and a Sunday plan. The tickets I got from the Sunday presale were refunded quickly. 20 game plan #2 guaranteed tickets took so long that I finally called my credit card company to say they weren't legit charges on my card.

NYYF Cy Young

Nothing associated with the Yankees surprises me anymore. Last year I had 20 game plan #2 and a Sunday plan. The tickets I got from the Sunday presale were refunded quickly. 20 game plan #2 guaranteed tickets took so long that I finally called my credit card company to say they weren't legit charges on my card.
    Because the Sat plan tickets were bought thru TM while the 20s were thru the Yankee box office . . but no excuse.

NYYF Legend

So the dillweeds at ticketmaster are refusing to refund the $5.80 (3.30 + 2.50) fee on one of my wildcard ticket orders, saying these are not refundable (total BS, I have an other order where they were automatically refunded).

What would you guys do, go straight to a charge back?

So the dillweeds at ticketmaster are refusing to refund the $5.80 (3.30 + 2.50) fee on one of my wildcard ticket orders, saying these are not refundable (total BS, I have an other order where they were automatically refunded).

What would you guys do, go straight to a charge back?
    Call up the credit card company and dispute the charges. I've done it before.

NYYF Legend

Call up the credit card company and dispute the charges. I've done it before.
    Can you point me to the language where they say full refunds will be given? I can't find it

Can you point me to the language where they say full refunds will be given? I can't find it

Gordon, I cut out the personal information, but the email address you have your ticketbastard account linked to should have gotten a similar message. My credit card has been refunded the full purchase price, including F-U fees...

===========================================================
    Yankees Ticket News

2012 AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARD GAME REFUND INFORMATION

Dear ___________________,

Thank you for your recent purchase of tickets for the potential American League Wild Card Game (the "Wild Card") at Yankee Stadium.

Because the New York Yankees won the American League East title, the Wild Card Game will not be played at Yankee Stadium.

If you purchased individual tickets to the above game on the phone or online via yankees.com, you will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster. The refund will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the purchase of the respective postseason tickets. Postseason tickets to Postseason games that are not played have no cash value and should not be returned to the Yankees.

On behalf of the entire Yankees organization, thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to contact the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office at (212) YANKEES or via email at tickets@yankees.com if you have any questions.

Want to see more of this e-mail?
    View it online as a Web page

yankees.com respects your privacy.
    Please review the yankees.com Privacy Policy

You are receiving this service-related e-mail as a Wild Card Game ticket holder. Email is yankees.com's primary communication for service-related communications and updates.

Postal Address: yankees.com, c/o MLB Advanced Media, L.P.,
    75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011

All rights reserved.

All Major League Baseball trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity.
    All other marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Same email as the person above me....

The ONLY way I see then screwing you is if you purchased them by a link NOT from the licensee email / page, but from a generic TM web page, but used your pre-sale code none-the-less.

I'd still dispute the charge. If you are in rock-star standing with your credit card company, they will just give you the dispute, as it isn't worth their time... But I'd like to screw T-M anyway...

Good luck!
    -Doug

I don't have it but it was given that refund. I would just call up the credit card company and say you were told it was being refunded. Chances are ticketmaster won't even bother trying to fight a $5.80 charge.

I was at Billy's a couple years ago and was overcharged $10 on the tip. I was pissed so I called up Amex and told them what happened. Billy's never responded to the claim so I had $10 refunded to the card.

well my days as a yankee full season ticket holder are over, looking forward to this refund

NYYF Cy Young

So I have a monkey wrench in all this... My wife had her wallet stolen and we had all credit card numbers changed... I hope getting these refunds... And a lot of them.. Wont be too hard

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    So I have a monkey wrench in all this... My wife had her wallet stolen and we had all credit card numbers changed... I hope getting these refunds... And a lot of them.. Wont be too hard
    Don't worry. The credit card company knows both the old number and new number. You'll get your refund. I had a similar thing happen a year or two ago. There were some fraudulent charges made to my card number (I still had the card) so my card company cancelled that number and issued me a new one. A refund for a purchase I had made with the old number showed up on my new account just fine.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Don't worry. The credit card company knows both the old number and new number. You'll get your refund. I had a similar thing happen a year or two ago. There were some fraudulent charges made to my card number (I still had the card) so my card company cancelled that number and issued me a new one. A refund for a purchase I had made with the old number showed up on my new account just fine.
    That's relieving to hear... Thanks!

NYYF Legend

world series charges have already been reversed. Can't say the same about ALCS game 6 & 7 charges though

Devoted Member

My refund for ALCS game 6 from Ticketmaster showed up on my AMEX statement dated Friday 10/19. Anyone know when the Yankees will refund unplayed post season games bought on the 3 payment plan by credit card to STHers?

Addicted Member

My ST World Series game has not been refunded yet. Not really worried, just checking in.
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

Thread Information