Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

Re: Orioles or Rangers?

Baltimore.
    DFA ARod.

I'd like to play whoever wins today's game

Both teams could beat us, so I'll just accept whoever comes through that game and hope that we have enough luck/ability to beat them.

The only match up I want this year is to play the Giants in the World Series. I think that would be awesome.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Orioles.
    Their lineup is easier to pitch to, they are mostly mistake hitters who K a lot. That's is easier to navigate and they don't have any single pitcher who really scares me the way Darvish might.

But Texas is down right now, might be a good time to get them.

If our pitching does not crap the bed and we actually pick up a couple of knocks with runners on base, I think we can beat either team. But I do think we have more margin for error against the Orioles.

What I am really rooting for is that the Tex/Bal WC play in game goes about 39 innings or so.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

I honestly could care less who we play. This is the playoffs everyone is good.

I just want the Yankees to play good baseball. Nothing else matters. Lets get it done.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHit23Man View Post
    Im fine with you wanting Baltimore but as far as a guy who can wreck a game, you do know that A Jones hit 32 Hr right?
    Jones is not a disciplined hitter, 126K/34BB and he hit 16 of his 32 HRs in the 1st 2 months of the season

NYYF Legend

I don't care who we play - just glad I don't have to chug Maalox tonight.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

Orioles and the A's are the hottest teams in baseball right now. The Rangers rotation is a mess and they blew a 13 game divison lead. Bring on the Rangers. Dont want to see the fightin O's in a 5 game series
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

The Orioles were hot until they got to Tampa. Apart from their excellent bullpen, there is no way they can match up against a Yankee team that is playing to its talent.

The Rangers, if they wake up, would have a shot against the Yankees playing well. Unlike the Orioles, they have the talent to beat the Yankees without the Yankees playing poorly.

In any event, the Rangers are going to be heavy favorites in a game in their park started by Darvish against a total question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post

In any event, the Rangers are going to be heavy favorites in a game in their park started by Darvish against a total question mark.
    So if Darvish is going for Texas on Friday, that means he can only pitch once in the ALDS and it won't be until Game 4, right?

If thats the case, we might be better off with Texas, because the rest of their pitchers are pretty weak.

Also Baltimore is not using one of their best pitchers on Friday, its probably Saunders or Johnson, so if they can escape with a win their pitching will be set up for the ALDS the way they would prefer it to be set up.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

A 5 game series is a crapshoot.

We have seen too much evidence over the years now with the small sample size to prove this out.

Are the Orioles a better team than the Yankees? IMO, no. But can they beat them 3 times out of 5 over the course of 6 days? Absolutely.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

NYYF Legend

Anyone who isn't saying Orioles is absolutely kidding themselves. They're the far inferior team.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

We've handled Texas all season. They're ripe for the picking.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I've seen too many teams dominate certain teams in the regular season, then lose to them in the post season, to know that stat is fools gold.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    I've seen too many teams dominate certain teams in the regular season, then lose to them in the post season, to know that stat is fools gold.
    I agree, in 2007 we were 6-0 against the Indians in the regular season & we all know how that ended.

rofl u serious
    always reasonable

NYYF MVP

Personally, I think going to Texas could be rough. The Yanks struggled there in 2010. I think baltimore is more suited to the Yankees HR style, but also tougher on our pitchers.

One thing is for sure, neither one of these teams is a walkover.

I am rooting for a Yankees vs A's ALCS.
    “When you have the chance to take the ball for the World Champs, you take the ball.”—Roger Clemens

NYYF MVP

Not gonna underestimate the Os for one second. So they don't match up on paper? How about those magic rabbits in their hats all year?
    Same goes for Oakland.

Maalox & Scotch, all around.

However, Yankees are Underdogs (Mo, Brett, Tex' calf most likely still being an issue...etc.) -- just not as "suprising".

Gonna be nailbiters!!

(Oh, and: We got RAUUUUUUL too!!! )
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    I agree, in 2007 we were 6-0 against the Indians in the regular season & we all know how that ended.
    Indeed, and believe me, we weren't the first team to sweep a season series and lose to that same team in the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Who cares?? We can beat either of them.
    Post of the thread.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Yankees were 4-3 against Texas. That hardly qualifies as handling them.

NYYF Legend

Baltimore would be the better opponet based on less traveling distance plus the Yankees great success at Camden Yards including this season.
    Texas losing first place means nothing. We all wanted Detroit in 2006 after they were swept by the Royals to lose their Division and what ended up happining?
    Yankees can beat Texas but would rather see the O's.

Were doomed either way.

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

U r insane my friend.

The 2009 - 2012 Rangers remind me of the 2002 - 2008 Angels. They'll play way over their heads against us. That lineup is reeling, but deep nonetheless.

Im not hoping for anyone in particular, but the Rangers are just a better team overall than Baltimore.

whoever wins will due ... cant friggin wait for sunday.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

Texas SP, beyond Darvish, is a joke at best.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Thread Information