+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Orioles or Rangers?

I did not see a thread like this so i figured I would start one. Who would everyone rather play and why? I would prefer to see the Rangers for a few reasons. #1 Bullpen is not as deep, #2 Buck>Ron ,and #3 revenge factor.

NYYF Legend

Re: Orioles or Rangers?

Who cares?? We can beat either of them.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Word.

Neither really scare me, especially with a lost Josh Hamilton in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Please. Orioles.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

I'm not going to go as far as to say I don't fear either team, but as bad as the Rangers have played lately I think O's will win on Friday and I think the Yanks can beat the O's in a 5 game series.

Rangers, their pitching sucks and they're reeling.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

NYYF Legend

I learned a long time ago not to wish for a particular playoff opponent. The old adage "Be careful what you wish for" proves true, more often than not.

Baltimore is a good team and I respect them, but they don't have a player like Hamilton who can wreck the game and their lineup is not nearly as lethal as Texas, but they do have better pitching. That said, if I thought we had the kind of pitching that could shut Texas down I would rather play them, but I'm not so sure about that, so I would rather play Baltimore.
    Last edited by Battingly; 10-04-12 at 12:28 AM.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Orioles, no question.

Whomever

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Either is fine...it's the Tigers I fear.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Whoever wins on Friday.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Baltimore is a good team and I respect them, but they don't have any player like Hamilton who can wreck the game and their lineup is not nearly as lethal as Texas, but they do have better pitching. That said, if I thought we had the kind of pitching that could shut Texas down I would rather play them, but I'm not so sure about that, so I would rather play Baltimore.
    Im fine with you wanting Baltimore but as far as a guy who can wreck a game, you do know that A Jones hit 32 Hr right?

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    Word.

Neither really scare me, especially with a lost Josh Hamilton in Texas.
    I am new here so I don't know if this is true or not. But I bet the 2 of You were saying the same thing last year Vs Detroit right? I think we get past Texas or Baltimore in a 5 game series. But being that over confident is a bit silly.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheHit23Man View Post
    I am new here so I don't know if this is true or not. But I bet the 2 of You were saying the same thing last year Vs Detroit right? I think we get past Texas or Baltimore in a 5 game series. But being that over confident is a bit silly.

I believe, if this team plays to their abilities, they can beat anybody.

Baltimore is a good team and I respect them, but they don't have any player like Hamilton who can wreck the game and their lineup is not nearly as lethal as Texas, but they do have better pitching. That said, if I thought we had the kind of pitching that could shut Texas down I would rather play them, but I'm not so sure about that, so I would rather play Baltimore.
    Wait....

The Yankees have figured out a way to get Mark Reynolds out? I must have must missed it.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    Wait....

The Yankees have figured out a way to get Mark Reynolds out? I must have must missed it.
    Good point, but he's more of a feast or famine hitter like Adam Dunn, problem is its been mostly feasting on Yankee pitching, but he's not an elite hitter like Hamilton. That said, there's no denying he's been a Yankee killer this year, so to us he might as well be Josh Hamilton.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

I stopped rooting for a specific outcome after 2006 where I really wanted to play Detroit. That didn't work out too well.

Still, I feel like Texas could put the game out of reach quickly against any of our pitchers on a bad night. Baltimore just isn't as scary. We do well in their house, and it's close, so starting on the road has less of a negative impact.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

I agree.....

especially your point about the pitching needed to shut down the powerful Ranger line up

Baltimore has better pitching but nowhere near the offense Texas has

we would be better suited to face the Orioles in my view
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

I'd rather face Baltimore.

Texas being one and done, are you kidding me?!

NYYF Legend

Camden Yards has been the Yankees second home since it opened. 6-3 there this season. They can beat Texas but I think O's would be the easier series.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I learned a long time ago not to wish for a particular playoff opponent. The old adage "Be careful what you wish for" proves true, more often than not.
    No it doesn't.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

They're both tough. The Yankees can beat either of them.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Soooo right my friend. This became words of wisdom after that Detroit series where Kenny Rogers pitched like Sandy Koufax circa 1963. I remember right before the series everyone and their mother wanted to face Detroit cause we destroyed Rogers in the past and they came into the playoffs in a slump. From then on I've never chosen one over the other.
    THE EVIL EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I stopped rooting for a specific outcome after 2006 where I really wanted to play Detroit. That didn't work out too well.

Still, I feel like Texas could put the game out of reach quickly against any of our pitchers on a bad night. Baltimore just isn't as scary. We do well in their house, and it's close, so starting on the road has less of a negative impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxbomber328 View Post
    Soooo right my friend. This became words of wisdom after that Detroit series where Kenny Rogers pitched like Sandy Koufax circa 1963. I remember right before the series everyone and their mother wanted to face Detroit cause we destroyed Rogers in the past and they came into the playoffs in a slump. From then on I've never chosen one over the other.
    I think that's the year that scarred a lot of us. "Let's avoid Santana in a short series" and "LOL Kenny Rogers" turned into an absolute nightmare. 2002 and 2006 really stand out to me as years I believe the Yankees would have cruised to a ring (given the weakness of the field) had they not stubbed their toe in the first round. I believe they would have taken out Boston and Colorado in 2007, too.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information