+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 2012 Post-season roster speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    Let's hope the Yanks can get in the post season before deciding who is going to be on the roster. With six games remaining, and Baltimore playing like they can't lose I think NY has a great deal of work ahead of them with Toronto and Boston. I think you have to remind yourself that those two teams still have players who can really hurt them and they have nothing to lose.
    Great. Start a thread about that instead of chiding people for wanting to talk about a playoff berth that is incredibly likely. Are you afraid that the baseball gods are going to smite us for our hubris?

What is it with cranky curmudgeons using Yogi's image to tell other people what they can talk about on an internet forum?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    What is it with cranky curmudgeons using Yogi's image to tell other people what they can talk about on an internet forum?
    I can't tell those two apart.

anyone who thinks we wont make the playoffs is delusional
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Says the guy who took the time to type up this post, and who always takes the extra time to sign every post.
    Lmao..
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

rhp
    jeter
    ichiro
    cano
    arod
    tex
    granderson
    swish
    martin
    dickerson

lhp
    jeter
    granderson
    tex
    arod
    cano
    swish
    martin
    dickerson
    nunez (dh)
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    rhp
    jeter
    ichiro
    cano
    arod
    tex
    granderson
    swish
    martin
    dickerson
    Would Swisher be the DH?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Would Swisher be the DH?
    yes. either that or granderson. and let's not forget that dickerson can actually hit LHP. I think this would be the best use of resources. i dont want ibanez near the field, even if it's batting. thank Jones for that small tear he went on. Chavez can PH/3B replacement. If Gardner can swing, bench Feast or Famine.

yes. either that or granderson. and let's not forget that dickerson can actually hit LHP. I think this would be the best use of resources. i dont want ibanez near the field, even if it's batting. thank Jones for that small tear he went on. Chavez can PH/3B replacement. If Gardner can swing, bench Feast or Famine.
    Against RHP, I'd rather start Chavez than Dickerson.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    Against RHP, I'd rather start Chavez than Dickerson.
    Dickerson in the OF. No need to put Ibanez out there.

Battingly --

Why would you need an extra pitcher in the bullpen (8 rather than the usual 7) during playoffs with off days? Teams, including the Yankees, do not do that. They take 11 pitchers at most.

Nix will be on the roster. What if Cano gets injured, for instance? Nova won't be on the roster, absent an injury.

Dickerson will be taken over Gardner.

I assume you are right about Jones being left off in favor of both Nunez and Dickerson. At least I hope you are.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Nix will be on the roster. What if Cano gets injured, for instance? Nova won't be on the roster, absent an injury.
    Nix was sent back to NY for an MRI on his hip. There was talk during todays game, that Nix may be kept off of the roster due to that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Battingly --

Why would you need an extra pitcher in the bullpen (8 rather than the usual 7) during playoffs with off days? Teams, including the Yankees, do not do that. They take 11 pitchers at most.

Dickerson will be taken over Gardner.

I assume you are right about Jones being left off in favor of both Nunez and Dickerson. At least I hope you are.
    I agree on the pitching (good call), so now I have us keeping both Gardner and Dickerson, but I have us keeping Nova and Eppley is the odd man out ... but you could be right, they might keep Eppley instead.

I suspect Nix may be badly injured or they probably wouldn't send him back to NY for an MRI.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

I take Eppley over Nova

dont overlook how atrocious Nova has been....he leads the league in extra base hits allowed (!)
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Sorry -- I was ignorant about Nix.

If he is done, there could be more pressure on Nunez. But I guess that is not at the top of the Yankee concerns right now.

Ibanez should be on the bench. Dickerson in the lineup.

I can just imagine Girardis head exploding if they have to play the one game playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I can just imagine Girardis head exploding if they have to play the one game playoff.
    He has no-one to blame but himself.

Resting one of his hottest hitters (Martin) with five games left and a one game lead (which is now officially gone), someone who hit a huge 2R homer the night before, because its a day game after a night game, like at this point rest is the priority and not winning the division?

You can't manage these last five games like its June, like its business as usual.

What he did today is criminal and IMO he should be fired for it if we lose this division, which now seem very likely.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

If we don't win the division, which is certainly possible, the only roster that will matter is our Game 163 roster.

LINE-UP
    1 Jeter SS
    2 Ichiro LF
    3 A-Rod 3B
    4 Cano 2B
    5 Tex 1B
    6 Swisher RF
    7 Granderson CF
    8 Martin C
    9 Chavez DH (vs RHP)

BENCH
    10 Nunez DH (vs LHP)
    11 Nix INF
    12 Ibanez OF
    13 Gardener OF
    14 Stewart C

ROTATION
    15 Sabathia
    16 Kuroda
    17 Pettitte
    18 Hughes

BULLPEN
    19 Soriano
    20 Robertson
    21 Logan
    22 Rapada
    23 Joba
    24 Eppley
    25 Phelps (long man)
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Nix is injured. Your omission of Dickerson is not only glaring, it's almost offensive.

Nix is injured. Your omission of Dickerson is not only glaring, it's almost offensive.
    I know I'm offended.

idk about Nix, my bad

Dickerson is in!!!
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Based on his last two performances and his veteran savvy, I suspect Derek Lowe has pitched himself onto the PS roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Based on his last two performances and his veteran savvy, I suspect Derek Lowe has pitched himself onto the PS roster.
    I think you're right. He is certainly higher in the pecking order than Garcia, and I think he has now passed Nova who may be left off in favor of Lowe and Phelps.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information