+ Reply to Thread

Rain outs Tuesday and or Wednesday?

Tickets have bottomed out for Tuesday and Wednesday on the secondary markets. I also see nasty weather predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday. The Yankees are scheduled to play the next 16 days in a row.

I was thinking if Tuesday gets rained out, and tickets are purchased on stubhub, the transactions gets refunded. I think if you buy on ebay, you get the raincheck. Does anyone know what the policy is on score big?

I wonder if there would be a day/night separate admission DH on Thursday if tuesday's game gets washed out?

With this 5th team in the playoffs, and a lot of possible ties, I think all MLB games will need to be played. Chisox-Tigers have a game they probably will have to play. Back in 2008, Chicago had to beat the Indians in order to need to play a postponed game vs the Tigers;had to beat Detroit in order to get a play off tie breaker to face the Twins. And then had to play Tampa in the first round. With the additional wild card, MLB could have similar scenarios.

Any ideas what the Yankees would do if Tuesday's game gets rained out? Those $2 ticket deals are tempting......http://www.weather.com/weather/tomor...+USNY0172:1:US

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: Rain outs Tuesday and or Wednesday?

I think Wednesday will be fine. They are saying clearing out early Wednesday. I have tickets for tomorrow but it looks like a miracle if we play based on the forecast. I think Wednesday there may be a DH as I'm sure they would like to avoid a DH on a travel day if possible.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I think Wednesday will be fine. They are saying clearing out early Wednesday. I have tickets for tomorrow but it looks like a miracle if we play based on the forecast. I think Wednesday there may be a DH as I'm sure they would like to avoid a DH on a travel day if possible.
    I agree. Wed looks better. I am sure day/night DH. I think on EBAY you get the rain check but on stubhub you don't. I can actually go Wed afternoon or night....guess just wait a bit longer on the weather.

I think MLB should have given the Yankees at least one day off just in case...late season weather , 16 days in row.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I agree. Wed looks better. I am sure day/night DH. I think on EBAY you get the rain check but on stubhub you don't. I can actually go Wed afternoon or night....guess just wait a bit longer on the weather.

I think MLB should have given the Yankees at least one day off just in case...late season weather , 16 days in row.
    Yes, that is crazy scheduling. At this point any rain out will have to be a DH. Let's just hope that the last day of each series is sunny and dry!
    Life is good!

Addicted Member

• If the event is cancelled or postponed: If an event is cancelled and will not occur at a later date, we will provide you with a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. We will notify you that the event was cancelled by sending you an email which will provide instructions on how to obtain the refund.
    • If an event is postponed or rescheduled, you may use the tickets on the rescheduled date or, time permitting, list them for sale on StubHub. If an event is postponed but replacement tickets are required for entry to the event on the rescheduled date, StubHub will work to obtain replacement tickets for you. If we cannot obtain replacement tickets for you, StubHub will provide you a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. If you cannot attend the event on the rescheduled date and you are unable or unwilling to relist them for sale on StubHub, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482) and we will inform you of what you need to do to obtain a full or partial credit (the amount of the credit is within StubHub's sole discretion) toward a future purchase; this may require that you return the tickets. If you are required to return the tickets, StubHub will provide you instructions.

I'm going Wednesday; it will clear up by 7 PM.

NYYF Cy Young

Tickets have bottomed out for Tuesday and Wednesday on the secondary markets. I also see nasty weather predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday. The Yankees are scheduled to play the next 16 days in a row.

. . .

Those $2 ticket deals are tempting...... http://www.weather.com/weather/tomor...+USNY0172:1:US
    If you think $2 tickets are temping, how about $50 Delta's? There were 4 available in 218B and I bought 2. Of course if it rains out and is rescheduled for 1pm on Wednesday, that's right when playoff tickets go onsale - we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    If you think $2 tickets are temping, how about $50 Delta's? There were 4 available in 218B and I bought 2. Of course if it rains out and is rescheduled for 1pm on Wednesday, that's right when playoff tickets go onsale - we'll see.

Is that even an option?

The heck with the make up game - I will spend my time getting playoff tickets.

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Is that even an option?

The heck with the make up game - I will spend my time getting playoff tickets.

Considering how cheap DS and CS tickets have been on SH . . .

NYYF Cy Young

Checked SH for tomorrow and the seller of those $50 Deltas raised the price for the remaining 2 to $95. Suppy & demand, eh?

NYYF Legend

Checked SH for tomorrow and the seller of those $50 Deltas raised the price for the remaining 2 to $95. Suppy & demand, eh?
    That's the airline model. In a 100-seat plane, you sell the first tickets for $200. After you sell 20, the price goes up to $250, after 40, $300, by the time you have 5 seats left, you need to find $1000 to get a seat and they usually find a few desperate or wealthy people to pay up

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's the airline model. In a 100-seat plane, you sell the first tickets for $200. After you sell 20, the price goes up to $250, after 40, $300, by the time you have 5 seats left, you need to find $1000 to get a seat and they usually find a few desperate or wealthy people to pay up
    You're right about the airlines. On Christmas day we let the kids pick their gift: rd trip to LAX or Orlando for Disney. Picked Delta for $268 rd trip LGA to LAX ! A few weeks before the trip, prices were over a grand each. (may try Virgin America this year).

Anyway, I see champions tickets down to $150. I know you don't get access to Legends, but does anyone think there is any value in Champions at this price? It looks like you can save $100 by moving behind champions sections (113)

(this year I am giving my wife a choice too: NYY at LA or SD. We did Dodger Stadium this year and Angels Stadium (NYY 2008) already and Mets at SD (2011).

Tickets for tonight for as low as 20 cents.
    Life is good!

NYYF Triple Crown

Tonight's game has been canceled. Day night double header tomorrow per WFAN.

Yankee website says "postponed".
    Bummer.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Tonight's game has been canceled. Day night double header tomorrow per WFAN.
    You have a very small window right now to buy on stubhub on the very cheap to flip tomorrow when it's nice weather. I'm passing on that myself, but others may want to take advantage if they feel they can get more than $28 for Field Infield for example (minus the 25% round trip)

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    You have a very small window right now to buy on stubhub on the very cheap to flip tomorrow when it's nice weather. I'm passing on that myself, but others may want to take advantage if they feel they can get more than $28 for Field Infield for example (minus the 25% round trip)
    It would actually be more than 25%, taking into account that at less than $50, the transaction fee for the buyer is a flat $10.45.

I don't think that flipping would net much money, if any at all. It is a midweek day game with the kids in school, and also last-minute notice. If this had aligned with the holiday, then maybe it would be worthwhile, but IMO the resale prices will plummet further by 11AM. OTOH, anyone who still has their hard tickets will be eligible for rainout credit, so those tickets definitely won't be on the market.

NYYF Legend

If anyone's interested, according to Yankees.com, the 1 PM game on Wednesday will be on YES, and the 7 PM game, previously scheduled for YES, will be on My9.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/sched...x.jsp?c_id=nyy

And on YesNetwork.com:

As for where you can watch the games on television, YES will have full coverage of Game 1, with a pre-game at 12:30, the game at 1:05, and a full post-game show following the conclusion. YES will then also have a pre-game show at 6:30 p.m. prior to Game 2 (which will be on My9 at 7:05 p.m.), and will broadcast the Extra Innings post-game show following the conclusion of that contest.
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...0208&oid=36019

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    It would actually be more than 25%, taking into account that at less than $50, the transaction fee for the buyer is a flat $10.45.

I don't think that flipping would net much money, if any at all. It is a midweek day game with the kids in school, and also last-minute notice. If this had aligned with the holiday, then maybe it would be worthwhile, but IMO the resale prices will plummet further by 11AM. OTOH, anyone who still has their hard tickets will be eligible for rainout credit, so those tickets definitely won't be on the market.
    I bought 2 Deltas for $50 + fees and wound up selling them for $69 - so I just managed to cover my costs . . . the next highest was $100 and those didn't sell.

NYYF Legend

I bought 2 Deltas for $50 + fees and wound up selling them for $69 - so I just managed to cover my costs . . . the next highest was $100 and those didn't sell.
    yeah that's the thing, summer's over and people are at work or school. A last minute ballgame isn't easy to sell like this no matter how good the seats

I think on EBAY you get the rain check but on stubhub you don't.
    Beware. It's not that cut-and-dry...

Once a ticket is stub-hubbed, no matter how someone acquires it, it is bound to the stub-rules for rain-checks, and therefore is NOT a rain-check, but a ticket to the make-up game.

So, you could buy tickets on EBAY, that the seller bought on stub-hub. If the game is postponed, you are obligated to go to the make-up game or attempt to re-sell. They are NOT Yankees-issued-once tickets, and are NOT rain checks.

The only way to be sure? If you get hard stubs on ST Stock....

Cheers!
    -Doug

Thread Information