Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pete Abraham is a sensitive individual

Yesterday, I had my Twitter feed up during the game- I'm relatively new to Twitter-- only been on there a couple of weeks, but I like getting the instant sports news etc..

I also like the ability to throw a one-liner out there every once in a while.

During the first inning, PeteAbe (as he is referred to) threw this up there:

To which I responded:

Now most of the time I throw out a line like this, I never get a response, particularly if it is someone well known with a lot of followers. In this case, I immediately receive a direct message via email:

Apparently fear is the reason nobody drives to Boston to call him fat.

I try to DM back, but I am unable to as he is not following me. I unfollowed him as well, figuring if he wanted to say something like that again, he'd have to do it publicly like I did.

I didn't think about it again until later on when Buster Olney retweeted something from PeteAbe after the story of Calhoun retiring came out.

I kind of ran with it and it became more or less a theme of the evening.

Ok, so it's out of my system at this point, and I figured if he hasn't responded to me in public by now he isn't going to. So I go back to his profile to begin following him again (he will get a notification of this and be able to threaten me privately again).

I get this message:

Now, I'm no Twitter pro, but I know this didn't happen before-- I just clicked 'follow' and that was it. I don't know if it's just me or he changed his settings across the board.

Anyway, Pete Abraham is a sensitive individual.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Re: Pete Abraham is a sensitive individual

That is awesome. Pete is very sensitive but he loves to dish it out. When Youkilis was hit by the Yanks after he joined the White Sox Pete tweeted something about Joba jumping for joy on a trampoline.

As fat as he is, Michael Vega is even bigger. I don't think the press box could handle a wrestling match between those two to determine who gets to eat the last chicken wing on the buffet.

a trail of butter, wow.

and yes, he is sensitive. he just wants to be accepted, and im not about to volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I also like the ability to throw a one-liner out there every once in a while.
    You? I would not have guessed.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

"Everytime he takes a crap in Boston, the water level rises 3 inches in Beijing"

Classic.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

This is literally about the 50th or so example of Abraham being able to dish it out but not take it that I've read in the last 5 years or so.

He frequently can't take fans calling him out or making fun of him, and many times responds with 9th grade-type reactions via DM.

He has even gone as far as trolling fan sites, pretending to be just an ordinary guy, and being antagonistic to those who insult Peter Abraham.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

As some of you remember, he once threatened to "try to get me fired" for writing a Bobcat-type post on lohud.com using my work email address during the Johan sweepstakes.

I'd Rather Play Calvinball NyQuil's Avatar

What a douche.

And to twitter I go...
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    As some of you remember, he once threatened to "try to get me fired" for writing a Bobcat-type post on lohud.com using my work email address during the Johan sweepstakes.
    I just went an looked it up - you posted this 4 years ago:

At the time of the Santana fiasco, there was some poster named "Bobcat" who claimed to know some inside info on the sweepstakes.

I signed is as "Bobcat" (his site lets you write whatever name you want to post with, without having assigned usernames) and made up some false rumors as a joke. As if the actual "Bobcat" was any more insider than I was.

Later that day I got an email to my work account saying "Hi Mr. _____ _____ I have contacted my lawyers and we are going to pursue legal action against you. You bosses will be contacted and we will send them every single post you have made using your user name from your work email address." Something to that extent. He went on to say posters like me are disgusting yaddayaddayadda. I apologized and he said he'd spare me. He was a big douche throughout though.
    In the same thread that contained your above post, JVIS posted that he got this e-mail from Abraham after posting on the Lohud Yankees blog:

Einstein:

My blog software reveals IP addresses. I would suspect the nice people at _______ would not appreciate you spending working hours making obscene posts to sports blogs.

So while I may be an overweight dumb ................, you could be looking for a job in the morning.

Enjoy the rest of the season,
    Pete Abraham

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I just went an looked it up - you posted this 4 years ago:

In the same thread that contained your above post, JVIS posted that he got this e-mail from Abraham after posting on the Lohud Yankees blog:
    Nice detective work!

I remember this saga as if it were yesterday. Someone even devoted a blog to criticizing Pete Abe's lazy journalism. I think it was called "The Buffet is Closed"
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

That's tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    I remember this saga as if it were yesterday. Someone even devoted a blog to criticizing Pete Abe's lazy journalism. I think it was called "The Buffet is Closed"
    Hey, Mark, good to see you again. We're have you been hiding yourself?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I thought he'd have out gown this by now.

I remember him being way oversensitive and trolling message boards, but I figured it was just him learning the ropes when Lohud got really popular.

Guess not.
    Team Northern Lights

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You? I would not have guessed.
    Was thinking the same thing. Clearly, this comes as a shock to many.

NYYF Legend

The best is him hashtagging a direct message, communicating like a high school kid.

NYYF Legend

Yeah he is definitely sensitive about his weight. When he was still covering the Yankees he made a snarky comment to the effect of something being "about as likely as A-Rod coming up with a big hit in the post season". Granted this was at a time when statistically Alex was actually one of our better hitters in the playoffs, so I posted a comment saying something along the lines of "a better analogy would have been that it was less likely than Peter Abraham leaving the buffet table early". Pete proceeded to send me the following email:
    Is this Chris Rock? Or Eddie Murphy? Or Jerry Seinfeld?

Thanks for posting to my blog. That joke you made about me was so original and hilarious. Oh, man. I'm still cracking up.
    Real professional.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Hey, Mark, good to see you again. We're have you been hiding yourself?
    Hot Stove banter was the only stuff that was really able to rouse me from my dungeon. For the last 18 months I've been working for a company that does not believe in the whole work/life balance thing. I'm still there, but I'll try to pop around more often.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

#bitch

Oh hey-- If anyone is on Twitter, let me know so I can follow.

Unless you don't want me to. Then don't bother telling me.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

me:
    True @PeteAbe story: he once gave up one of his daily snacks. The resulting food saved fed a village of 200 in the Amazon for a week.

him via dm:
    6m
    Better story: people who are cowards and insult people from afar are probably embarrassments to their families

6m
    I pity your poor parents for having raised a coward. Enjoy being a failure.

me:
    @PeteAbe Have you thought about not responding to these messages? Or do you have some superiority complex that you try to stroke viatwitter?
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

have any of you thought that what you are doing is bullying a poor fat man...blablablabla...jk

Thanks for the funny read haha

bleh nvm
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Legend

Someone should respond back to the coward taunts with a simple

"Oh, I didn't realize saying it to your face was an option; I'd love the opportunity to call you fat to your fat face. How do we set this up? Can I come up to the press box, or should we meet at the fried dough stand?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Someone should respond back to the coward taunts with a simple

"Oh, I didn't realize saying it to your face was an option; I'd love the opportunity to call you fat to your fat face. How do we set this up? Can I come up to the press box, or should we meet at the fried dough stand?"
    I think he blocks you right after he sends his DM, so he never gets your messages after that.

Pretty chickensh!t if you ask me.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information