+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Francesa

Re: Francesa

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Yeah, it definitely looks like he did. If he was out for a short enough period, though, could be he didn't even know it and thought he was just starting to doze or something. Either way, I'm not sure why just explaining what happened with his kid, saying that he dozed off and that he's embarrassed by it and sorry it happened wouldn't be sufficient. I don't think it's a huge deal. A hilarious deal, though, certainly.
    When my dad used to nod off while reading in the evening he euphemistically called it resting my eyes and would never admit he fell asleep. Francesa was just "resting his eyes".
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Basically he's saying he had been awake since Sunday 6am. Watched football all day Sunday thru the end of the Steelers-Broncos game...then he was awake with his son all night because of his asthma issues. Didnt get any sleep after he put his kids on the school bus Monday morning, and came in and did the show on no sleep since he's "done it many times before".

He says he did close his eyes during the interview, and he was very tired...but he "promises" he didnt fall asleep.

He def did fall asleep. I think the term is called microsleep or something like that. You actually fall asleep/go unconscious for as little as a split second. It happens to everyone. I remember when I used to work at a bank as a teller, I'd be in a seperate room by myself working drive up. Some mornings there would be no action. I'd be reading stuff on the computer and I'd fall asleep for a few seconds and then catch myself before my head slammed into the counter.
    In other words, he was tired and he fell asleep.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I read on Twitter that two people called in and made a crack about him sleeping. One he called a jerk and the other was quickly dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Principessa21 View Post
    I read on Twitter that two people called in and made a crack about him sleeping. One he called a jerk and the other was quickly dismissed.
    I wonder if either of them were Al Albuquerque.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I wonder if either of them were Al Albuquerque.

It's no wonder Francesa is such a cranky jerk when dealing with callers considering how he treats fellow WFAN employees with such disrespect. The guy is very arrogant, rarely admits when he's wrong on a player or team and is overall tough to like. I just can't believe Russo didn't leave him earlier

NYYF Legend

hahahaha Francesa falling a sleep...this is amazing
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

ANDY PETITTE IS A STARTING PITCHAaazzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    It's no wonder Francesa is such a cranky jerk when dealing with callers considering how he treats fellow WFAN employees with such disrespect. The guy is very arrogant, rarely admits when he's wrong on a player or team and is overall tough to like. I just can't believe Russo didn't leave him earlier
    Russo is a jerk too so those two deserved each other.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

There is video proof and he still can't admit an error? This guy never ceases to entertain me.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

From MadDog

Chris (Mad Dog) Russo, Francesa’s long time partner, said the Pope was definitely mugged by the Sandman.
    “Yeah, Mike fell asleep....Mike came on at 1 o’clock and essentially said, ‘I closed my eyes but I didn’t fall asleep.’ Now, listen, I think Mike can say what he wants — and, listen I shouldn’t even say this — but Mike fell asleep,” Russo told Mario From Minnesota, a caller to his Sirius/XM “Mad Dog Radio” show.
    “We’ve gotta be fair. I mean, Mike nodded off. He probably would’ve been better off just saying, ‘I nodded off, my error.’ It can happen. Listen, he’s been doing that show forever so it can happen,” Russo said.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...#ixzz26RtbX3uu

Someone referenced Michael Kay earlier in this thread.

I always wondered what the relationship between Kay and Francesa is seeing as they are rivals. I have always gotten the opinion that Francesa does not like Kay.

Forum Regular

Francesa never ceases to disappoint. That look on his face when his head snaps up is priceless

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    Francesa never ceases to disappoint. That look on his face when his head snaps up is priceless
    It's like someone yelled "buffet!"

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    It's like someone yelled "buffet!"
    that made me laugh
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by scine20 View Post
    Someone referenced Michael Kay earlier in this thread.

I always wondered what the relationship between Kay and Francesa is seeing as they are rivals. I have always gotten the opinion that Francesa does not like Kay.
    Kay and Francesa don't care for each other, but interestingly Kay did get along with Chris Russo.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    that made me laugh

LOL that's good

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    that made me laugh
    me too.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

lmao that was fantastic
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

I think most people have nodded out when they did not want to . Years ago, for a split second, I think I nodded out when driving. I was tired and was driving a long distance and kept thinking "I'll stop in 10 more miles". Well, I never did that again, I heard the rumble strips on a deserted interstate for less than a second, and snapped out of it and got a motel at the next exit. Stupidity on my part, no doubt, pushing it to the limit.

Now Fatcesa nodded off and it's funny because it was on TV. He could have laughed at it; explained that he did not get sleep and he probably could have apologized for being unprofessional. But because his inferiority complex won't allow him to admit it, even when it is on film,...now that is the funny part. It becomes a much bigger deal when he tries to BS his way out of it. What a schmuck.

Mike has lifestyle issues.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Mike has lifestyle issues.
    My favorite part was Francesa trying to claim he was watching the football games in his "office."

As if he thinks people actually thinks he sits at a desk while watching the game. There's nothing wrong with sitting on a recliner while watching football, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    My favorite part was Francesa trying to claim he was watching the football games in his "office."

As if he thinks people actually thinks he sits at a desk while watching the game. There's nothing wrong with sitting on a recliner while watching football, Mike.
    He's so funny. He puts on such airs about everything and so obviously avoids admitting he doesn't know something or is wrong.

He has a hard time staying modern. He still refuses to admit that the newspaper as he knew it for 50 years is dead. He still yells about RBI's. He still can't get over the fact that the modern NFL coach has had to evolve and doesn't call all the shots.

I'll say this, though...I will miss him when he's gone.

Thread Information