+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 97

Thread: Francesa

  1. #26

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Deadspin created a gif of Francesa waking up:

    i dont know if its possible to photoshop that into Francesca doing coke, but that would be hilarious.

    also, they were making fun of this on The Michael Kay Show. Kay said "i feel pumped, i had a lot of sleep last night" and Don LaGreca said "so you wont fall asleep when Adam Schefter calls?"

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Deadspin created a gif of Francesa waking up:

    omg the whole video is awesome..i need to send that to my family...
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

  3. #28

    Re: Francesa

    Sweeny must feel real good knowing Mike is dozing off during his Yankee segment..........

  4. #29

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Sweeny must feel real good knowing Mike is dozing off during his Yankee segment..........
    why should Francesa be different from anyone else listening to Murti?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  5. #30

    Re: Francesa

    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  6. #31
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    I have it on in my office, it helps my day go much faster. How are the commericial on the radio different from the ton of commercials during the yankee games or any other sporting event?
    Well, for one, they're longer.

    Francesa has breaks that are as much as six or seven minutes long. Then he'll go to his update, and another five minute break, and you might go 15 minutes without hearing from Francesa.


  7. #32
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Well, for one, they're longer.

    Francesa has breaks that are as much as six or seven minutes long. Then he'll go to his update, and another five minute break, and you might go 15 minutes without hearing from Francesa.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  8. #33
    Addicted Member
    LongtimeNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I don't get the idea of watching radio on TV.
    2 words.....cheap programming.

  9. #34

    Re: Francesa

    I have to give him credit for recovering pretty quickly. When that used to happen to me in school, it took me forever to figure out what was being discussed.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  10. #35

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I have to give him credit for recovering pretty quickly. When that used to happen to me in school, it took me forever to figure out what was being discussed.
    With little doubt, he probably suffers from sleep apnea and there are days in which it can hit you hard and fast.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

  11. #36
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeNYYFan View Post
    2 words.....cheap programming.
    That's the rationale behind showing it, and I get that. It's actually watching it that I don't get.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  12. #37
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    With little doubt, he probably suffers from sleep apnea and there are days in which it can hit you hard and fast.
    You might be referring to narcolepsy.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  13. #38
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You might be referring to narcolepsy.
    Are you suggesting that Mike Francesa likes to have sex with corpses?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #39
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Are you suggesting that Mike Francesa likes to have sex with corpses?
    No I am not.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Is there a missing link or video/audio or something on this thread?

    Francessa is terrible but I like WFAN in general. And now that ESPN is on FM it's like they died to me because the sound is terrible on FM for talk radio and I can't program a button for it on radios at home because it's on a different band than the AM stations. So I just listen 100% to WFAN now or no sports talk at all
    I agree, I also think the FM sound is terrible and there is no way to resolve it.

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That's the rationale behind showing it, and I get that. It's actually watching it that I don't get.
    There are days when there's nothing else on, and I'll flip it on. I'm not sitting in front of the TV riveted, but I'll have it on while I do other things. Kind of acts like background noise.


  17. #42

    Re: Francesa

    The pope is actually talking about himself falling asleep. Said his kid was sick on Sunday night and got no sleep.

  18. #43
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Are you suggesting that Mike Francesa likes to have sex with corpses?
    I almost spit out my soda. Thanks.

    Francesa started today's show explaining what happened, which seemed legit enough, but he said that at no time did he ever fall asleep. Yeah, right, Mike. Everyone wakes up with an angry, bewildered look on their face from not falling asleep.
    27-Time World Champions

  19. #44

    Re: Francesa

    The guy mainlines Diet Coke like he's taunting diabetes. I'm surprised he's able to sleep at all.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  20. #45
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    I almost spit out my soda. Thanks.

    Francesa started today's show explaining what happened, which seemed legit enough, but he said that at no time did he ever fall asleep. Yeah, right, Mike. Everyone wakes up with an angry, bewildered look on their face from not falling asleep.
    What did he say happened?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  21. #46

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You might be referring to narcolepsy.
    I used to work with guy who had narcolepsy. He would be sitting, drinking a coffee, having a conversation and suddenly he started to trail off and his head would fall forwards.... usually in mid-sentence. And it didn't seem like he was nodding off, it almost seemed like he was dead. And suddenly he would bounce back and continue his conversation as if nothing ever happened. And all of this occurred in just seconds. It was surreal. And the scary part was he drove a car.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  22. #47
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    What did he say happened?
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide...nt_id=24736193
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  23. #48
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Francesa

    Can someone summarize for those of us who are at work and/or don't want to listen to Francesa blabber?
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

  24. #49
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Can someone summarize for those of us who are at work and/or don't want to listen to Francesa blabber?
    Basically he's saying he had been awake since Sunday 6am. Watched football all day Sunday thru the end of the Steelers-Broncos game...then he was awake with his son all night because of his asthma issues. Didnt get any sleep after he put his kids on the school bus Monday morning, and came in and did the show on no sleep since he's "done it many times before".

    He says he did close his eyes during the interview, and he was very tired...but he "promises" he didnt fall asleep.

    He def did fall asleep. I think the term is called microsleep or something like that. You actually fall asleep/go unconscious for as little as a split second. It happens to everyone. I remember when I used to work at a bank as a teller, I'd be in a seperate room by myself working drive up. Some mornings there would be no action. I'd be reading stuff on the computer and I'd fall asleep for a few seconds and then catch myself before my head slammed into the counter.

  25. #50
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Francesa

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Basically he's saying he had been awake since Sunday 6am. Watched football all day Sunday thru the end of the Steelers-Broncos game...then he was awake with his son all night because of his asthma issues. Didnt get any sleep after he put his kids on the school bus Monday morning, and came in and did the show on no sleep since he's "done it many times before".

    He says he did close his eyes during the interview, and he was very tired...but he "promises" he didnt fall asleep.

    He def did fall asleep. I think the term is called microsleep or something like that. You actually fall asleep/go unconscious for as little as a split second. It happens to everyone. I remember when I used to work at a bank as a teller, I'd be in a seperate room by myself working drive up. Some mornings there would be no action. I'd be reading stuff on the computer and I'd fall asleep for a few seconds and then catch myself before my head slammed into the counter.
    Yeah, it definitely looks like he did. If he was out for a short enough period, though, could be he didn't even know it and thought he was just starting to doze or something. Either way, I'm not sure why just explaining what happened with his kid, saying that he dozed off and that he's embarrassed by it and sorry it happened wouldn't be sufficient. I don't think it's a huge deal. A hilarious deal, though, certainly.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts