+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Nope. The benefactors are the ones the confer the benefit:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benefactor

The recipient of the benefit is the beneficiary.

Yep. My error.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I did put these tickets up for sale on this site for $100/each. There were many lookers but no takers . .
    Where did you put them? I am thinking of trying to get rid of a pair of tickets and I couldn't list them on Stub Hub.

NYYF Legend

Just got an E Mail that my Post Season tickets were shipped via Fed Ex today.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Before first pitch, and probably through the early innings, you will have people wandering outside the Stadium asking for free tickets... tickets that fans cannot / will not be able to use. At that point, if you have an extra, are you going to give it away, or waste it. They are betting you will give it away.

This will probably be considered derogatory, but they are there to beg for tickets.

I've seen many looking for freebies.

I think the OP got it backwards. The benefactors benefit. Benefactors aren't the people giving the tickets away; benefactors are the people receiving the tickets.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Ah, I can't beleive it has come to that. In 2001 I had a pair of unused tickets that I didn't have to pay for. I went to the stadium and went up to the first couple I saw & as I started talking about tickets they instinctively said "no", thinking I was a scalper. However, when I handed them the tickets and told them they were free, they accepted them and then actually started to give me some money (which I politely declined). It is a different era.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Where did you put them? I am thinking of trying to get rid of a pair of tickets and I couldn't list them on Stub Hub.
    In the Ticket Sales thread at the top of this forum's page. Got 127 views but no takers - even at the reduced price of $75!!

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    If there's no market value left for postseason games, then this is probably the last nail in the Yankees season tickets coffin. Seems like people are either 1) not interested to go & would rather stay home and watch on TV, or 2) they are used to waiting last minute for cheap tickets, or 3) are waiting for a definitive matchup & date/time
    Do you think the Yankees already know that, hence the early 2013 purchase plan?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJRuss View Post
    Do you think the Yankees already know that, hence the early 2013 purchase plan?
    Honestly, I think this took them completely by surprise and they're close to full panic mode right about now worrying about how they're going to stop the inevitable accelerated erosion of their season ticket holder base and get butts in the seats next year. I guess it's still early, but right now there seems to be no demand for postseason games. That could change quickly, so we'll see what happens

Honestly, I think this took them completely by surprise and they're close to full panic mode right about now worrying about how they're going to stop the inevitable accelerated erosion of their season ticket holder base and get butts in the seats next year. I guess it's still early, but right now there seems to be no demand for postseason games. That could change quickly, so we'll see what happens
    I have dumped all of my plans except my FS in 201 row 2. Went from $22k in tickets to 6k.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJRuss View Post
    I have dumped all of my plans except my FS in 201 row 2. Went from $22k in tickets to 6k.
    So you covered about 2 hours of Alex's contract. Thanks.

http://baseballplayersalaries.com/pl...Alex_Rodriguez
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    I have the same games as you and the ALCS game 1. For some reason only my ALDS Game 1 tix are available to print.
    I still can't print my ALDS Game 1 tickets!

C'mon! What panic mode? We're in the middle of a recession and they're getting their annual playoff revenue. Lots of people are going to attend and spend $8 on beers and $40 on caps! Who cares if it's not a sellout or how much people pay for the ticket? Fans will pay $50/head just for sneezing in there! The management and players are all bathing in the pools of liquid gold that we lavish upon them!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    C'mon! What panic mode? We're in the middle of a recession and they're getting their annual playoff revenue. Lots of people are going to attend and spend $8 on beers and $40 on caps! Who cares if it's not a sellout or how much people pay for the ticket? Fans will pay $50/head just for sneezing in there! The management and players are all bathing in the pools of liquid gold that we lavish upon them!
    What panic, who's panicking? Yankees don't care too much about the postseason revenue, they will sell out every game - nobody disputes that. Their problem is getting people in the seats for 81 games each season, because that's where they make their money. They actually underprice postseason games to keep season ticket holders happy and renewing. That business model falls apart though when the Yankees miss the playoffs or don't go far, which is why Cashman is always under such pressure so the Steinbrenners can have cover to charge $800 for Legends tickets to see the blue jays.

But, the underpriced postseason tickets are now overpriced by the market? Yikes! Without that carrot, the 81 game revenue is in trouble. Everyone has their theories or opinions, but I agree with the people in this thread who say the Yankees have sucked the fun and motivation out of people with their gouging and squeezing of money for every single little thing. Actually that's not true, they haven't put a coin slot (bill feeder??) on the water fountains yet. Maybe next year

What panic, who's panicking?

Without that carrot, the 81 game revenue is in trouble.

The Yankees are beyond panic with the 81-game revenue.

From my group of friends alone, more than 3/4 of them have cancelled their full season package. I am still keeping my Full season package because I am comfortable with the seats location. I guess bad habit dies hard.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    I still can't print my ALDS Game 1 tickets!
    I just got off the phone with ticketmaster....no option to print off ALCS tickets, just ALDS. "Surprised, we usually never see glitches like this". Sure, you don't lady.

"We will send them right over to your email". .....maybe it's just me !

But, the underpriced postseason tickets are now overpriced by the market? Yikes! Without that carrot, the 81 game revenue is in trouble. Everyone has their theories or opinions, but I agree with the people in this thread who say the Yankees have sucked the fun and motivation out of people with their gouging and squeezing of money for every single little thing. Actually that's not true, they haven't put a coin slot (bill feeder??) on the water fountains yet. Maybe next year

I am in complete agreement, which is partly why I have stopped going to games. However, I seriosuly don't think they're worried about season ticket holders. If they were, they could simply offer a major price reduction (remember: they have ALL the data, we have only a small slice). My guess is that they just want to remove Stubhub from the equation (or do what they can to minimize their impact) and then maximize the number of full price ticket sales. Once they finish with that group (and GG I know this is something you mentioned once before) they can proceed with all of the discounts. They seem to have a schedule of ticket discounts as the year progresses (not a knee jerk panic reaction, but part of a pre-determined plan).

Something else to consider: the people on this message board are perhaps the most informed and disgruntled of their customers, and even among this group there is still healthy representation in the season ticket holder community. There are likley 1000's of other fans who are not aware of most of the potentially "unfair" practices (such as the meager playoff ticket offering to partials in previous years). Just my two sense. Resume panic!

the Yankees have sucked the fun and motivation out of people with their gouging and squeezing of money for every single little thing. Actually that's not true, they haven't put a coin slot (bill feeder??) on the water fountains yet. Maybe next year
    Two words: pay toilets...

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Two words: pay toilets...
    My mind takes me back to that Looney Tunes / Merrie Melody cartoon where Daffy is this hotel proprietor that offers 10 cent rooms. Porky takes a room. Daffy sends up a mouse and some celery. Porky then sells him a cat to get rid of the mouse, then a dog to get rid of the cat, then a lion to get rid of the dog, then an elephant to get rid of the lion, and then a mouse to get rid of the elephant.....

Cheers!
    -Doug

My mind takes me back to that Looney Tunes / Merrie Melody cartoon where Daffy is this hotel proprietor that offers 10 cent rooms. Porky takes a room. Daffy sends up a mouse and some celery. Porky then sells him a cat to get rid of the mouse, then a dog to get rid of the cat, then a lion to get rid of the dog, then an elephant to get rid of the lion, and then a mouse to get rid of the elephant.....
    Daffy would get along just fine with Trost and Levine.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    That's a great great analogy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    I am in complete agreement, which is partly why I have stopped going to games. However, I seriosuly don't think they're worried about season ticket holders. If they were, they could simply offer a major price reduction (remember: they have ALL the data, we have only a small slice). My guess is that they just want to remove Stubhub from the equation (or do what they can to minimize their impact) and then maximize the number of full price ticket sales. Once they finish with that group (and GG I know this is something you mentioned once before) they can proceed with all of the discounts. They seem to have a schedule of ticket discounts as the year progresses (not a knee jerk panic reaction, but part of a pre-determined plan).

Something else to consider: the people on this message board are perhaps the most informed and disgruntled of their customers, and even among this group there is still healthy representation in the season ticket holder community. There are likley 1000's of other fans who are not aware of most of the potentially "unfair" practices (such as the meager playoff ticket offering to partials in previous years). Just my two sense. Resume panic!
    I'm in the beams and went to the sth relocation event two years ago. They know all about this board, and rolled their eyes when I talked about it and how many sth are pissed off about the state of things. They monitor the activity here.

The Yankees have some clever tactics to retain season ticket holders. I downgraded to cheaper seats this year. I didn't get refunded the difference in price. They simply applied it to my 2013 plan. I couldn't use it toward playoff tickets either. Not sure if I'll stay past 2013, but default I'll keep a partial plan in 2013 as I have a credit of over $400

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    The Yankees have some clever tactics to retain season ticket holders. I downgraded to cheaper seats this year. I didn't get refunded the difference in price. They simply applied it to my 2013 plan. I couldn't use it toward playoff tickets either. Not sure if I'll stay past 2013, but default I'll keep a partial plan in 2013 as I have a credit of over $400
    IMO, you should consider a complaint to the Attorney General - the money that the Yankees are holding is YOUR money, not theirs.

At the very least, they should be paying you interest on that money. IMO, they should have refunded the money.

What if you move out of state and can't renew for 2013? Do the Yankees simply keep your money?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Cy Young

Back to the subject on this thread - has anyone even bothered to buy postseason tickets since the original on-sale frenzy? Or are folks looking to try and get them even cheaper on the secondary market?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Back to the subject on this thread - has anyone even bothered to buy postseason tickets since the original on-sale frenzy? Or are folks looking to try and get them even cheaper on the secondary market?
    We might be at the point where I save on fees by buying tickets at the Stadium box office next week. As a 9-game plan holder, I might see if they give me the season ticket licensee ticket prices (I doubt it though)

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I'll prob sell a few of my post season tickets and I always sell at face value. I'll list them here and ask friends.

Thread Information