+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 206
  1. #76
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    got ALDS home game #1 and ALCS home game #1, but I didnt get the map got which sucked but meh
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    got ALDS home game #1 and ALCS home game #1, but I didnt get the map got which sucked but meh
    You can't expect the map unless you're in the preliminary, there's a cap on the number of simultaneous users on the flash interface

    Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Curious if anyone who did one of those 9-game $90 plans got a code as was able to do the pre-sale as well?
    All plan holders between 9 and 15 games got a 1pm presale for today unless they won the random drawing to jump the line at 9am

  3. #78
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Curious if anyone who did one of those 9-game $90 plans got a code as was able to do the pre-sale as well?
    Yes I got it.
    Life is good!

  4. #79

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    I just checked availability for ALCS home game no. 1 and there are seats available all over the stadium. Definitely not like 2009 that's for sure.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  5. #80
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    You can't expect the map unless you're in the preliminary, there's a cap on the number of simultaneous users on the flash interface
    I got the map for the later games in the playoff series... less interest in them I guess.

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I just checked availability for ALCS home game no. 1 and there are seats available all over the stadium. Definitely not like 2009 that's for sure.
    That means people who ponied up for $20 Yankees Universe memberships will have an easy time getting seats tomorrow at 9 am. Makes you wonder why you would want or need to take multiples of that in losses by buying a partial plan

  7. #82

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That means people who ponied up for $20 Yankees Universe memberships will have an easy time getting seats tomorrow at 9 am. Makes you wonder why you would want or need to take multiples of that in losses by buying a partial plan
    That would be me !

    Just kidding....I usually donate to get my daughter a bobble head doll, and I believe in Sloan.(my sister died of cancer when she was 19) But I do like the discounts on some of the seats.

    Of course, I won't be upset if I somehow get playoff tickets tomorrow morning.

  8. #83

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That means people who ponied up for $20 Yankees Universe memberships will have an easy time getting seats tomorrow at 9 am. Makes you wonder why you would want or need to take multiples of that in losses by buying a partial plan
    Do Yankees Universe members get the regular season presale too? If you're a Yankees Universe member, please give us an update tomorrow on how that sale pans out

  9. #84
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Williston Park NY

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    I got Wild Card, ALDS and ALCS Home Game 1 in 237.
    Last edited by IRONHORSE4; 09-19-12 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Forgot
    Yankees**Rangers**Jets

  10. #85
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    That would be me !

    Just kidding....I usually donate to get my daughter a bobble head doll, and I believe in Sloan.(my sister died of cancer when she was 19) But I do like the discounts on some of the seats.

    Of course, I won't be upset if I somehow get playoff tickets tomorrow morning.
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister. How awful.

  11. #86
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That means people who ponied up for $20 Yankees Universe memberships will have an easy time getting seats tomorrow at 9 am. Makes you wonder why you would want or need to take multiples of that in losses by buying a partial plan
    So for $80 (the price of 4 YU accounts) one could by tickets for all games in the postseason . . .

  12. #87
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Wow, TONS of tickets available at 9 am this morning. I had no problems getting tickets anywhere I wanted

  13. #88
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    I just took a peak with my YU passcode and I see there is inventory basically in every section, some less than others.

    other thing that pissed me off is I got the map today but not yestersday
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  14. #89

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Wow, TONS of tickets available at 9 am this morning. I had no problems getting tickets anywhere I wanted
    2012 American League Championship Series Home Game 3 Section 236 aisle

    2012 American League Division Series Home Game 2 Sec 432B row 1

    Thank you Yankees Universe. Holy Cow !

    Lots on inventory out there guys.

  15. #90
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Lots on inventory out there guys.
    Seriously. Who needs to win the lottery anymore. At this point the public sale is probably going to have a lot of available seats. I still say the World Series would be a very different story but this just goes to show you how Yankees full season ticket equivalent sales have fallen off a cliff

  16. #91

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Seriously. Who needs to win the lottery anymore. At this point the public sale is probably going to have a lot of available seats. I still say the World Series would be a very different story but this just goes to show you how Yankees full season ticket equivalent sales have fallen off a cliff
    $40 for the WC and ALDS and $62 for the ALCS for Bleacher seats, they went well up from last year. I have the Yankees Universe but didn't purchase any yet. There are TONS of seats available. More than i've ever seen. Get ready for a flooded resale market. I may just wait and get them under Face.

  17. #92

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    This is how it was back in 2003... you could get everything easy during presales.. Yes even the World Series..

  18. #93
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    $40 for the WC and ALDS and $62 for the ALCS for Bleacher seats, they went well up from last year. I have the Yankees Universe but didn't purchase any yet. There are TONS of seats available. More than i've ever seen. Get ready for a flooded resale market. I may just wait and get them under Face.
    Prices today were $3 more per ticket for the first two series and $5 more for the ALCS. Not that a big a deal compared to the planholder prices. I wouldn't be so confident that prices will tank, they didn't last year. It could happen, but it will all come down to weather, time of week and day, and opponent. If the Yankees host a Wildcard game, you'll be looking at $75+ to get in for sure

  19. #94

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Prices today were $3 more per ticket for the first two series and $5 more for the ALCS. Not that a big a deal compared to the planholder prices. I wouldn't be so confident that prices will tank, they didn't last year. It could happen, but it will all come down to weather, time of week and day, and opponent. If the Yankees host a Wildcard game, you'll be looking at $75+ to get in for sure
    I agree. A NYY-Texas matchup that goes to 6-7 games for the ALCS will not be under face. A WS against the Giants in particular (doubt the Dodgers get in) would be $$$$.

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I agree. A NYY-Texas matchup that goes to 6-7 games for the ALCS will not be under face. A WS against the Giants in particular (doubt the Dodgers get in) would be $$$$.
    WS for sure, but ALDS is the question. Could easily go under face if it's cold and raining. But the big advantage in the postseason is the Yankees underprice tickets compared to the market as a carrot to retain plan holders. World Series tickets start at $71 face ($96 non-obstructed), everywhere else in the league they start at like $125-$150, and the market value is at $250+. ALDS start at $18 ($31 non-obstructed). The market should be well above that, especially considering fans have a lot of dry powder left from the cheap regular season prices

  21. #96

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    The only issue I had was with the recapcha images. I kept getting completely unreadable words over and over again and they were being very picky about accepting my guesses. Wasn't an issue with the slow volume yesterday, but could be a massive issue with World Series tickets.

  22. #97

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    The only issue I had was with the recapcha images. I kept getting completely unreadable words over and over again and they were being very picky about accepting my guesses. Wasn't an issue with the slow volume yesterday, but could be a massive issue with World Series tickets.
    I have the same issue with those things; very annoying.

  23. #98

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    I have the same issue with those things; very annoying.
    I have never had an issue with this until yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a TM insider setup to divert the WS tix.

  24. #99
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Just got an email for a yankees.com subscriber presale

  25. #100

    Re: 2012 Postseason Ticket Pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    Just got an email for a yankees.com subscriber presale
    Yep. Me, too. Apparently all you need is an email address to secure post-season tickets in the Bronx.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts