+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1

    Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Just got the e-mail today about it... The one thing it doesn't specify is about the wild card game... Any idea as to how tickets to that game would be sold?

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...1052-385808930

  2. #2

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
    Just got the e-mail today about it... The one thing it doesn't specify is about the wild card game... Any idea as to how tickets to that game would be sold?

    http://<b>http://newyork.yankees.mlb...-385808930</b>

    this is a LOTTERY for every one who entered. In the past, I would say about 1 out of 50 will get a winning pre-sell password.

    As for public on sale, that will be a couple days afterward.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  3. #3

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Yep, I've entered it before and know the odds are slim (that's why I got my Yankee universe membership )... But it doesn't say anything about the wild card game... Just the ALDS and ALCS rounds respectively. I wonder how they will handle sales for that potential game.

  4. #4
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
    Yep, I've entered it before and know the odds are slim (that's why I got my Yankee universe membership )... But it doesn't say anything about the wild card game... Just the ALDS and ALCS rounds respectively. I wonder how they will handle sales for that potential game.
    Since it's only a single game, it will probably just be full season/partial plan presales and whatever is left will be part of a general sale.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    I asked my rep about the wildcard game should there be one, and it would be held as a special event presale just like the ALDS/ALCS. Meaning partials will get first crack then general public, I assume full seasons already have the game
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  6. #6

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Any word yet on when the post-season presales will be for Saturday and Sunday partial plans?

  7. #7

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    All signed up and ready to get my annual "sorry you didnt get it" email.

  8. #8

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Any word yet on when the post-season presales will be for Saturday and Sunday partial plans?
    came today

  9. #9
    NYYF Cy Young

    gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    I dont see the entry form for the postseason tickets on the yankee website. Can someone please link me? I too enjoy the annual "you were not selected" email

    Edit- found it nvm
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  10. #10

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Instead of wasting time and register 100 different accounts so I can get lucky with one or two, the $90 partial plan looks really good right now.

    I would have spend $50-$100 for a presell password from the brokers before. But now, I just wait for my turn and see what happens.

    Been lucky for the past - always picked up a pair or two during the pre-presell and then pre-sell.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  11. #11

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Instead of wasting time and register 100 different accounts so I can get lucky with one or two, the $90 partial plan looks really good right now.

    I would have spend $50-$100 for a presell password from the brokers before. But now, I just wait for my turn and see what happens.

    Been lucky for the past - always picked up a pair or two during the pre-presell and then pre-sell.

    Last year I dont recall anyone on this board being shut out of first and second round who had a partial plan code for the presale

  12. #12

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Just curious for next year... What's the limit on tickets per game/series for partial plan ticket holders under the 20-game threshold?

  13. #13

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
    Just curious for next year... What's the limit on tickets per game/series for partial plan ticket holders under the 20-game threshold?
    Next year is next year.

    That being written, and assuming the policy does not change, each plan holder holding a plan that has less than 20 games will have the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets per round, regardless of how many plans one has nor how many seats are in each plan.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  14. #14
    NYYF Cy Young

    gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Instead of wasting time and register 100 different accounts so I can get lucky with one or two, the $90 partial plan looks really good right now.

    I would have spend $50-$100 for a presell password from the brokers before. But now, I just wait for my turn and see what happens.

    Been lucky for the past - always picked up a pair or two during the pre-presell and then pre-sell.
    Even the lowest partial plan holders get dibs? Im about to do that next year as well. What does $90 get you
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  15. #15

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Even the lowest partial plan holders get dibs? Im about to do that next year as well. What does $90 get you
    One ticket in a $10 section (OF Grandstand, maybe bleachers, I don't remember) for 9 mid-week games, some / most of them day games). You'll need to pay the juice, too.. ($25 mailing fee, plus possibly a $40 first-time FU fee, too as well).

    But as I wrote before, who knows what the future will bring... I am sure all will be known around Thanksgiving.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    But as I wrote before, who knows what the future will bring... I am sure all will be known around Thanksgiving.
    Yeah, I've been saying since last winter that they will clamp rights for those 9-game single ticket holders. Could be any of a number of things:
    - Reduce post-season rights to 1 ticket instead of 2
    - Reduce post-season rights to ALDS & ALCS but no WS
    - Reduce post-season rights to nothing
    - Make post-season presale after all the 11/12/15 patrials have gone
    - Jack up the price from $10/ticket to $20/ticket

    The ticketmaster quota thing is a pain to setup to have different rules for different people, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept the same 2 tickets per round but made it a 10-game plan instead and charged something like $15/ticket

  17. #17

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah, I've been saying since last winter that they will clamp rights for those 9-game single ticket holders. Could be any of a number of things:
    - Reduce post-season rights to 1 ticket instead of 2
    - Reduce post-season rights to ALDS & ALCS but no WS
    - Reduce post-season rights to nothing
    - Make post-season presale after all the 11/12/15 patrials have gone
    - Jack up the price from $10/ticket to $20/ticket

    The ticketmaster quota thing is a pain to setup to have different rules for different people, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept the same 2 tickets per round but made it a 10-game plan instead and charged something like $15/ticket
    If they were to reduce the ticket limit per round for single seat plan holders, then by that logic, they should increase the ticket limit for those with three, four, or more seats in their plan. Doubt they'd do that, simply because the two-ticket cap is a carrot dangling to get people into 20, 41 and 81 game plans....

    Besides, they sell the junk games this way.... which is really what they are trying to do.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    they sell the junk games this way.... which is really what they are trying to do.
    Absolutely, these are the games they sell individually to the public at $5 each after all so they're effectively marking them by 100% already. But the thing is, those 9-game plans are now the cheapest get in the door option for postseason tickets. That has a value beyond dumping the worst 9 games of the year, and they have some pricing power here. There is a significant number of licensees who bought this as a throw away plan to maintain the same postseason access as the other 11-15 game plan they just dropped for the which the Yankees lost revenue

  19. #19

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Thanks so much for the information everyone! I just have one last question (I promise) regarding ticket limits. If you get a partial plan (in regards) to this year's rules and then also have a Yankees Universe membership or win the pre-on sale are you then allowed to basically double the limit both in tickets and games you can buy for the postseason? Thanks!

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
    Thanks so much for the information everyone! I just have one last question (I promise) regarding ticket limits. If you get a partial plan (in regards) to this year's rules and then also have a Yankees Universe membership or win the pre-on sale are you then allowed to basically double the limit both in tickets and games you can buy for the postseason? Thanks!
    I believe the 2 ticket limit is per person which iticketmaster enforces by whatever means (credit card, name & address, etc..)

  21. #21

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Acquaintance of mine passed this along. amazing how they have to try to force crap April games in for something like this



    .......As the New York Yankees pursue an unprecedented 28th World Championship, we reflect on the historic moments of this 2012 season and celebrate your participation in what continues to be a memorable season.fficeffice" />>>
    >>
    As a benefit of being a Premium Suite Licensee, you will have the opportunity to secure postseason suites prior to the general public. Beginning Monday, September 17 at 10:00 a.m., you will be able to purchase postseason suite strips as well as packages for 2012 postseason games at Yankee Stadium. >>
    >>
    Please note that all postseason suite prices include the purchase of one or more suites for games in April or May of the 2013 regular season (excluding Opening Day, Red Sox or Mets games), along with a pre-set food and non-alcoholic beverage package. ..........>>

  22. #22

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    came today

    yes, Wednesday at 1pm for Saturday holders like me. I have my presale code (same one as always) but do we have a direct link yet?

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    yes, Wednesday at 1pm for Saturday holders like me. I have my presale code (same one as always) but do we have a direct link yet?
    they usually sent the link the day of and the the link on the page to the ticketmaster window goes active at 1pm
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  24. #24
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Just got denied for all 6 e-mail addresses for the yankees.com postseason ticket opportunity

  25. #25

    Re: Postseason Ticket Opportunity (Public Sale)

    Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    Just got denied for all 6 e-mail addresses for the yankees.com postseason ticket opportunity
    Was denied for 3 e-mail addresses as well

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts