+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Playing through pain..

Miguel Cabrera is limping around on an injured ankle but is still in the lineup every day for the Tigers.

Evan Longoria was pretty much limping around most of the series yet he was in the lineup every day for the Rays.

Teixeira? It's a pennant race, man. Do you want to actually put on your big boy pants and play at 90% rather than sitting out waiting until your 100%?

I love how YES tries to market Tex as some sort of superstar to us in commercials showing his walkoff vs. the Twins. That was probably the last meaningful hit Tex got in pinstripes.

Re: Playing through pain..

Take that complaint up with Girardi. I'm sure Teixeira wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Take that complaint up with Girardi. I'm sure Teixeira wants to play.
    True. He always seems to want to play things by the book and "Play it on the safe side". Gotta love playing it on the safe side when the division is going out the window in front of his very eyes.

Guys are gonna have plenty of time to get to 100% in the offseason when we miss the playoffs.

Tex is one setback from being out for the season. i dont know why anyone would rush him for a game or two when there are 25 games left

Quote Originally Posted by enozlac View Post
    I love how YES tries to market Tex as some sort of superstar to us in commercials showing his walkoff vs. the Twins. That was probably the last meaningful hit Tex got in pinstripes.
    Seriously. So overpaid for the production we're getting. And tries to market himself as a "nice guy" when he's just another Boras client. I've yet to see him display ANY sort of personality whatsoever. Remember when our players actually looked like they were enjoying themselves out there?

NYYF Legend

Playing in pain? Fine. Playing injured? Dumb. Tex would likely suffer a tear to his hamstring if he is not ready to go.

Sore knee? Sore shoulder? Swollen finger? All stuff that for the most part you can tough out. Hamstring? Groin if you are a pitcher? Nope.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    Seriously. So overpaid for the production we're getting. And tries to market himself as a "nice guy" when he's just another Boras client. I've yet to see him display ANY sort of personality whatsoever. Remember when our players actually looked like they were enjoying themselves out there?
    You seem to know a lot about this fella. Tell us more.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    You seem to know a lot about this fella. Tell us more.
    I wonder if he has a newsletter we can subscribe to. His theories are intriguing.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

No problem guys! Just someone venting my frustration with watching this team that looks completely over it (it's not just Tex). I know everyone acts like they're contractually obligated to stand up for the massively overpaid duo of A-Rod and Tex, but really, it's OK not to pretend to love everyone on this team. I can't wait until we can dump these guys and get some fresh young talent.

I wish, coming here to discuss baseball or lament the Yankee travails with other fans, I would not find vapid posts, filled with ignorant animus toward the players or the GM.

Can't people criticize without making it personal?

I guess I just don't find it fun to discuss players as if they're just numbers and nothing else. That may well be the truth, I don't know, but I'm human and like to analyze and critique. If we're just going to blab endlessly about stats, then what's the point, really?

Teixeira has been a bust. I agree with Let's Go Yanks, his "nice guy" persona seems so forced. And let's not even get into A-Rod... oh Lord.

Everyone on the Yankees is so boring. Mindless robots.

Tex is gritty. I do not nor have ever questioned his desire to play and win, or his commitment to the Yankees. His performance as a hitter has left something to be desired at times, and it sucks that he's had injuries in recent years, but I don't doubt his fortitude.

Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar

Miguel Cabrera is limping around on an injured ankle but is still in the lineup every day for the Tigers.

Evan Longoria was pretty much limping around most of the series yet he was in the lineup every day for the Rays.

Teixeira? It's a pennant race, man. Do you want to actually put on your big boy pants and play at 90% rather than sitting out waiting until your 100%?

Longoria is still hurt but he is DH'ing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsport View Post
    Teixeira has been a bust. I agree with Let's Go Yanks, his "nice guy" persona seems so forced. And let's not even get into A-Rod... oh Lord.

Everyone on the Yankees is so boring. Mindless robots.

Blame that on the NY media. If anyone associated with the team says anything, it gets blown way out of proportion. Girardi andJeter are masters on keeping the media at bay.

If you are not boring you are controversial and a NY news item for months.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

True. He always seems to want to play things by the book and "Play it on the safe side". Gotta love playing it on the safe side when the division is going out the window in front of his very eyes.

Guys are gonna have plenty of time to get to 100% in the offseason when we miss the playoffs.

Are you familiar with Gardners story this year??? Several times he tried to come back to soon and as a result he's out for the year.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Jeter has been playing with a bad heel , he sets the example. Tex should be out there.

Tex wants to be out there.

Also, Tex does this SportsYapper thing and he talks to a lot of fans there. He really does seem like a nice guy.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

I'm not quite sure why anyone would have the opinion that Tex is unwilling to play. It's pretty obvious it's a management decision, not his.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Here's the conundrum. Play with pain and be less effective, as well as risk further injury, or sit and let a less talented guy play, who given the circumstances, may be just as effective as the guy in pain.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Here's the conundrum. Play with pain and be less effective, as well as risk further injury, or sit and let a less talented guy play, who given the circumstances, may be just as effective as the guy in pain.
    I'm no Teix supporter, but if the injury isn't career threatening, then he should be out there. If he re-injures or reaggravates an injury, so be it. He has the entire offseason to heal up. And if this were the postseason, he'd most likely be out there. And Teix at 75% is better than Pearce and Ibanez at all.

I see the Yankees have acquired a whole bunch of new team doctors.

You think he doesn't know they need his bat? You think everyone in that FO is just allowing him to take some leisurely time off?

The dude is injured. I'm very confident that he's not out of the lineup because he doesn't want to play in pain. He's out of the lineup because the organization feels it's better to let him rest than to rush him back.

Ya know - Mickey Mantle is dead... I'm sure the Yankees could use him too!
    What's he thinking? Being all dead and stuff.
    He must be soft, not wanting to play while he's dead. Pfft....

It's 100%, prime time ridiculous to expect a player to play injured. Bottom line. No questions.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Eff - 100% correct. Jeter has a sore heel? Play. Strained achilles? Sit.

Tex has a sore knee? Play. Pulled hammy? Sit.

This is ridiculous. (this thread)
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Eff - 100% correct. Jeter has a sore heel? Play. Strained achilles? Sit.

Tex has a sore knee? Play. Pulled hammy? Sit.

This is ridiculous. (this thread)
    Yes and Pineda, get on the mound now since all injuries are the same!
    Life is good!

Thread Information