+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees Home Stretch / Magic Number Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    So, at the end of the day, we have Texas playing Baltimore in a one-game do or die. If we had the old system, there would be a tie for the wild card and we would have Texas playing Baltimore in a one-game do or die.

Big whoop.

Except we would have had the old 2-2-1 and could have started at home.

FU Bud.
    Well if Baltimore wins the WC card game Camden Yards has almost been the Yankees second home since it opened. Even this season the Yankees were 6-3 there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Well if Baltimore wins the WC card game Camden Yards has almost been the Yankees second home since it opened. Even this season the Yankees were 6-3 there.
    I know, I posted the same thing elsewhere. My point here is simply that the new format made absolutely no difference to anything this year except to screw up the travel schedule..
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I know, I posted the same thing elsewhere. My point here is simply that the new format made absolutely no difference to anything this year except to screw up the travel schedule..
    Wrong. Under the old rules if the Orioles won the WC games the Yankees would not play them in the first round because they play in the same division. Yankees would have been matched with Detroit. That's the one team I did not want to see the Yankees play in a 5 game series.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Wrong. Under the old rules if the Orioles won the WC games the Yankees would not play them in the first round because they play in the same division. Yankees would have been matched with Detroit. That's the one team I did not want to see the Yankees play in a 5 game series.
    That's not what I was talking about. I'm just saying we would have had a one-game playoff between Baltimore and Texas under the single WC, too.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information