+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102
  1. #26
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Caledonia?
    She's new.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  2. #27
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Caledonia?
    What an unmanageable name.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    I would have scotched that name suggestion.

  4. #29
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Yanks4eva1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    I am very happy for Michael and Jodi. Caledonia is a pretty name. I believe Rose was his mom's name. They can call her Cale, or Calie Rose. Can't wait to see her in a little Yankees onesie!!!!

    All the best to the Kay family!
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

    "Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

  5. #30
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    She's new.
    McHale's Navy
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  6. #31
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Caledonia?
    She ought to consider herself lucky.
    She could have a name derived from one of Kay's 18 letter adjectives....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    She ought to consider herself lucky.
    She could have a name derived from one of Kay's 18 letter adjectives....
    I think he did once refer to Scott Brosius as "The Caledonian Crusher."

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    BTW, the Kay/Applegate baby finally has a name:
    Am I the only one shocked that he's hasn't been forcibly sterilized?

  9. #34
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Life is a series if hellos and goodbyes....

  10. #35

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Life is a series if hellos and goodbyes....
    Say goodbye to Hollywood?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  11. #36
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Say goodbye to Hollywood?
    Yeah, it's how Kay ends his radio show each day.

  12. #37

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Yeah, it's how Kay ends his radio show each day.
    Oh. I was wondering what the connection was.

    I've never listened to his show.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  13. #38
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Oh. I was wondering what the connection was.

    I've never listened to his show.
    You don't like listening to 45 minutes of commercials and updates of nothing to update, an hour?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  14. #39
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Say goodbye to Hollywood?
    I didn't expect many people to get that. I don't suppose a lot of posters here bother to listen to him. I do if I'm on the road though. At least he talks about baseball and he has hockey people on. ESPN is all about basketball and football. At least when I listen.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I didn't expect many people to get that. I don't suppose a lot of posters here bother to listen to him. I do if I'm on the road though. At least he talks about baseball and he has hockey people on. ESPN is all about basketball and football. At least when I listen.
    That's one of my pet peeves about ESPN (yes, there are others). Spring Training is underway and sometimes when I have it on, they're still talking about the Super Bowl. The draft is practically a national holiday. Michael Jordan's 50th birthday has been made into a mini series.
    I thought I was seeing things this morning - a clip of Mo's press conference?!
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    That's one of my pet peeves about ESPN (yes, there are others). Spring Training is underway and sometimes when I have it on, they're still talking about the Super Bowl. The draft is practically a national holiday. Michael Jordan's 50th birthday has been made into a mini series.
    I thought I was seeing things this morning - a clip of Mo's press conference?!
    I have a bigger problem in that the NFL is monopolizing sports TV and radio 365 days a year. I'm actually sick of football because of it, last season I watched maybe 8 games where in other years I've watched 20 or more. IMO there's sensory overload, don't talk about where a third string quarterback (tebow) is going to end up in February when Spring training is ramping up. Makes no sense

  17. #42
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    That's one of my pet peeves about ESPN (yes, there are others). Spring Training is underway and sometimes when I have it on, they're still talking about the Super Bowl. The draft is practically a national holiday. Michael Jordan's 50th birthday has been made into a mini series.
    I thought I was seeing things this morning - a clip of Mo's press conference?!
    Every time I tried ESPN they were talking about LeBron James record, which is understandable, but then go right back to football as you said. I didn't hear any baseball at all.

    As much as I dislike Mike Francessa as a host I do like his show because of the guests. I appreciated him putting Sandy Alderson on for as long as he did and then Mo' s interview in almost it's entirety.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  18. #43
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Just when Kay was falling on my list of hated Yankee announcers he goes and spoils the score of the Rangers game for me. When does he ever talk about hockey especially during a Yankee game? Damnit. Douche.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  19. #44

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    After 7 hours of labor he told his wife to "Get up and Stretch"

    After 9 hours, he shouted "Bonus Cantos"

    At the time of birth, he uttered "She works into and out of trouble"
    Thanks... you made me spit out my coffee all over my laptop
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

  20. #45

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Well folks, he's going to be around for several more years:
    http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...nt_id=41215880

    BTW, the Kay/Applegate baby finally has a name:
    And... he will call her by ALL three names for her entire life !
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    I know this isn't Kay's fault, but I have to say it somewhere: I missed the first few innings but I had the game on DVR. I turned it on, eagerly anticipating watching the Yankee's biggest offensive inning in Heaven knows how long ... but I was infuriated to find that just for that inning, they had some joker in the booth talking about football all inning long. College football, at that.

    Kay barely broke stride to call the Teixeira grand slam.

    It's June. It's baseball season. The Yankees are playing a game. Can't we do the other stuff some other time, during some other program?

  22. #47
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I know this isn't Kay's fault, but I have to say it somewhere: I missed the first few innings but I had the game on DVR. I turned it on, eagerly anticipating watching the Yankee's biggest offensive inning in Heaven knows how long ... but I was infuriated to find that just for that inning, they had some joker in the booth talking about football all inning long. College football, at that.

    Kay barely broke stride to call the Teixeira grand slam.

    It's June. It's baseball season. The Yankees are playing a game. Can't we do the other stuff some other time, during some other program?
    But we did learn something important last night: 7-5/8.

    I'm with Leiter. I don't believe it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  23. #48
    NYYF HOF

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    But we did learn something important last night: 7-5/8.

    I'm with Leiter. I don't believe it.
    It might be true. It is the vertical dimension that is more extreme in MK's case. He's more of a longhead than a fathead.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  24. #49
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    It might be true. It is the vertical dimension that is more extreme in MK's case. He's more of a longhead than a fathead.
    Except when he opens his mouth, of course.

  25. #50

    Re: The 'new' Michael Kay?

    I'm a huge MK fan.... Where can I find an picture of his head that will fit in an avatar?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts