+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winning without Alex...

Have you seen a trend?

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Re: Winning without Alex...

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Have you seen a trend?
    When Alex Rodriguez has played, the Yankees are 56-38, .596. Without him, they're 15-10, .600.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    When Alex Rodriguez has played, the Yankees are 56-38, .596. Without him, they're 15-10, .600.
    So I was right...lol

Was he injured during the 10 game streak?

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

since he last played they are 13-9 but averaged 5.8 runs per game

While I'd love to get rid of his salary, because he's not worth it. He has been consistent with his bat. But, it's not like we could cut him and dump his salary. be nice though, with his salary alone we could get 3 really good players. Imagine also if we could get rid of tex's salalry also?

NYYF Legend

dont forget Chavez and Nix are hitting the snot out of the ball. Alex is still a feared hitter around the league even if his power is gone. At some point ARod will be the full time DH
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    dont forget Chavez and Nix are hitting the snot out of the ball. Alex is still a feared hitter around the league even if his power is gone. At some point ARod will be the full time DH
    and i think he will become a better hitter with less injuries. no that this recent one would have mattered though.

When Alex gets back, no rush, I like the fact if he's not firing on all cylinders we've got Chavez, Nix and Casey all breathing down his neck. Great competition for bringing out his best stuff.
    'Keep your mouth shut and play baseball!', Tony Lazzeri.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo_88 View Post
    When Alex gets back, no rush, I like the fact if he's not firing on all cylinders we've got Chavez, Nix and Casey all breathing down his neck. Great competition for bringing out his best stuff.
    When a player makes $30M a year he's never really competing for his job. I can't fathom the situation in which A-Rod would be benched. If he's 0-for-40 to end the season, he will be in the starting lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by steveo_88 View Post
    Did you really say that Jayson Nix and Casey McGehee are breathing down A-Rod's neck?

NYYF Legend

they are... i hear that during his post-game massages, alex lies on his stomach while all three sneak up behind him and stare and breath deeply
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I can't fathom the situation in which A-Rod would be benched.
    Well, at least a situation without Joe Torre in it.
    Team Northern Lights

Addicted Member

Let's nip this in the bud right now. The Yankees are not better off without Alex Rodriguez.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by coachtsurfing View Post
    While I'd love to get rid of his salary, because he's not worth it. He has been consistent with his bat. But, it's not like we could cut him and dump his salary. be nice though, with his salary alone we could get 3 really good players. Imagine also if we could get rid of tex's salalry also?
    For what reason would you do that? First, Alex makes the Yankees a much stronger team. What 3 players would you get who would make us a better team ( if you paid them a combined salary of $25 mil a yer), and you are nuts to think that with Tex's offensive and defensive contributions that he isn't earning his salary. He is a positive in the clubhouse. Would you prefer disruptive players like Manny? Who would you replace him with that would make us a better team?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    For what reason would you do that? First, Alex makes the Yankees a much stronger team. What 3 players would you get who would make us a better team ( if you paid them a combined salary of $25 mil a yer), and you are nuts to think that with Tex's offensive and defensive contributions that he isn't earning his salary. He is a positive in the clubhouse. Would you prefer disruptive players like Manny? Who would you replace him with that would make us a better team?

Andy
    with 25 mill we could easily get two starting pitchers. or resign gandy and get a catcher. and while i said tex salary would be good to have back, I didn't say i would get rid of him. but i'm pretty sure we could find someone just as good as tex for cheaper.

NYYF Cy Young

You know, a lot of sports is psychological. The team seems to have stepped it up hitting wise, perhaps to compensate for all the big guns that are missing, including ARod, Mariano, Tex,
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

you are nuts to think that with Tex's offensive and defensive contributions that he isn't earning his salary.
    Now we're talking.

NYYF Triple Crown

I would love to see him be the full time DH next year, just to avoid injuries. Think he still has something left in him; he's shown flashes of that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

A-Rod has the 3rd highest OPS this season among AL 3B. This is a ridiculous thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Well, at least a situation without Joe Torre in it.
    Sad but true...........those days are gone.....

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Sad but true...........those days are gone.....
    Thank God those days are gone.

and you are nuts to think that with Tex's offensive and defensive contributions that he isn't earning his salary.
    Andy
    He's not. It's not even really debatable. He's not performing at the level they paid for.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

He's not. It's not even really debatable. He's not performing at the level they paid for.
    Actually, I do think it's debatable. The salary structure in baseball renders a large number of players as "overpaid", including Tex. While he may not be performing up to the standards that many of us fans would like to see, relative to baseball's current economy they probably are getting what they're paying for IMHO.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Admittedly he's not hitting for average but in the three full seasons he's been with the Yankees (this will be the fourth, he has played in over 155 games each season, hit an average of 37 HR's/yr, had an average of 110 RBI's ans scored an average of 100 runs. There is no better fielding firstbasemAN IN THAN THE MAJORS THAN tEX. sURE $22.5 MILLION IS A LOT OF MONEY AND MAYBE HE IS SLIGHTLY OVERPAID BUT YOU COULDN'T GET HIS EQUICVALENT FOR LESS THAN SAY $18 MIL. i SAY HE'S WORTH IT

Andy

ps forgive the caps. I hit the cap lock button in error
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information