+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: Melky gets 50 game suspension

I swear every time you hear about a player taking something it just adds a couple years onto
    'the Steroid Era.' Which is such just great publicity for the game of baseball itself.

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    technically no, ARod's name was released from the Mitchell Report in 2009 that he tested positive in 2003 when he was not a Yankee. He admitted to taking PEDs from 2001-2003
    The whole point of my mentioning AROD as the last yankee to be caught was to argue that yankees who get caught these days really don't fare any worse than members of another team who get caught. You know, the good ole "OMG, if it was a Yankee, we'd never hear the end of it!" But, as you so kindly pointed out, AROD wasn't even a yankee. So even less Yankees were vilified in the press than I though. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    I don't really give a damn. These guys try to cheat because they aren't gifted enough naturally to get where they're trying to get. It's not like steroids do any good if you aren't working out a ton. All the hand-wringing and holier than thou sanctimony on here is making me sick. Judge not lest ye be judged, folks.
    I personally don't have any issues with PEDs. But I know I'm in the minority.

OOPS- so much for credibility for coming clean-

"In a bizarre attempt to avoid a 50-game drug suspension, San Francisco Giants star Melky Cabrera created a fictitious website and a nonexistent product designed to prove he inadvertently took the banned substance that caused a positive test under Major League Baseball’s drug program.

But instead of exonerating Cabrera of steroid use, the Internet stunt trapped him in a web of lies. Amid the information-gathering phase of his doping case last month, his cover story unraveled quickly, and what might have been a simple suspension has attracted further attention from federal investigators and MLB, the Daily News has learned.

The scheme began unfolding in July as Cabrera and his representatives scrambled to explain a spike in the former Yankee’s testosterone levels. Cabrera associate Juan Nunez, described by the player’s agents, Seth and Sam Levinson, as a “paid consultant” of their firm but not an “employee,” is alleged to have paid $10,000 to acquire the phony website. The idea, apparently, was to lay a trail of digital breadcrumbs suggesting Cabrera had ordered a supplement that ended up causing the positive test, and to rely on a clause in the collectively bargained drug program that allows a player who has tested positive to attempt to prove he ingested a banned substance through no fault of his own.

“There was a product they said caused this positive,” one source familiar with the case said of Cabrera’s scheme. “Baseball figured out the ruse pretty quickly.”
    "

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1139623
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Yeah but after the failed attempt at redirection with the fake website and fictitious product, he totally admitted he cheated.

So, it's looking like this taking of the PED caused him $40,010,000.00 to $50,010,000.00 that he wouldn't have gotten if he didn't ever take the PED.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Yeah but after the failed attempt at redirection with the fake website and fictitious product, he totally admitted he cheated.

So, it's looking like this taking of the PED caused him $40,010,000.00 to $50,010,000.00 that he wouldn't have gotten if he didn't ever take the PED.
    Yeah, he chose to be "honest" once he was caught lying/creating a ruse with a fictitious website and was being investigated by the feds. What an honorable guy!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    OOPS- so much for credibility for coming clean-

[i]"In a bizarre attempt to avoid a 50-game drug suspension, San Francisco Giants star Melky Cabrera created a fictitious website and a nonexistent product designed to prove he inadvertently took the banned substance that caused a positive test under Major League Baseball’s drug program.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1139623
    lol wat
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

rofl.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post
    Yeah, he chose to be "honest" once he was caught lying/creating a ruse with a fictitious website and was being investigated by the feds. What an honorable guy!
    At some point you consider coming clean. Melky deserves a lot of props for knowing when to throw in the towel.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

wow, Melky really isnt that bright

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    wow, Melky really isnt that bright
    Nor his agents who probably played a much larger role in this than we know. After all they would stand to profit a ton if he were to sign a mega contract.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

At some point you consider coming clean. Melky deserves a lot of props for knowing when to throw in the towel.
    Yeah, and he chose to only after all other avenues were exhausted. Why does that deserve props?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post
    Yeah, and he chose to only after all other avenues were exhausted. Why does that deserve props?
    Because he admitted it. He didn't try to say he drank a tainted milkshake or something.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Because he admitted it. He didn't try to say he drank a tainted milkshake or something.
    Are you kidding me? Did you read the post on this page about Melky's reps creating a website for a fake supplement? This guy literally tried everything in the book. The scary part to me is he tried to take a page out of Brauns according to an article. Yikes
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Did you read the post on this page about Melky's reps creating a website for a fake supplement? This guy literally tried everything in the book. The scary part to me is he tried to take a page out of Brauns according to an article. Yikes
    It makes sense to try to get away with it (up to a point). Melky reached that point and admitted he took the PEDs. Others have reached that point and continued to lie. Props to Melky.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

I just hope there isn't a trail back to any current Yankees. That's right, I'm talking about Cano and Arod.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

It makes sense to try to get away with it (up to a point). Melky reached that point and admitted he took the PEDs. Others have reached that point and continued to lie. Props to Melky.
    Your definition of "sense" is a little different than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Your definition of "sense" is a little different than mine.
    I see your point and it only makes sense from the standpoint that he took the PEDs in the first place. As anyone who has done so, he didn't want to be caught. Once he was caught it made "sense" to try to get away with it. As I've said, he was at the point where he had no further recourse. He was suspended beyond appeal. Either make up some lie at that point or come clean. He came clean. Props.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Melky should join Pete Rose on the banned list.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Melky should join Pete Rose on the banned list.
    Why?.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I see your point and it only makes sense from the standpoint that he took the PEDs in the first place. As anyone who has done so, he didn't want to be caught. Once he was caught it made "sense" to try to get away with it. As I've said, he was at the point where he had no further recourse. He was suspended beyond appeal. Either make up some lie at that point or come clean. He came clean. Props.
    No, after getting caught with a positive test, he lied by having that bogus site and saying he got the drugs from that site, when he found out that wasn't going to fly then he came clean.

1. Got caught with a positive test.

2. Attempted to lie about why that stuff was in his system.

3. After realizing that attempt has failed finally came clean and issued his public admission.

If he skipped #2 and went straight to 3 then I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I just hope there isn't a trail back to any current Yankees. That's right, I'm talking about Cano and Arod.
    This is my fear after Arod working out with him and trying to get us to sign him in the offseason. His friendship with Cano will also have some writers salivating.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    This is my fear after Arod working out with him and trying to get us to sign him in the offseason. His friendship with Cano will also have some writers salivating.
    You can bet your last dollar that baseball writers are working OT trying to make some kind of connection to the Yankees. The sharks are in the water.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Why?.
    Not only did he get caught with illegal substances in his body, garnering a 50-game suspension, but he and his people set up a fake website to try to cover up the drug use.

That should be conspiracy to defraud, and as far as the integrity of the game, should warrant a lifetime ban.

from cbs sports:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...oid-suspension

Now, instead of getting ready to sign the biggest contract of his career, he's being investigated by the FDA, Major League Baseball and possibly, at some point, even the DEA.
    Ban his sorry ass.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

Oh Melky.........what a tangled web we weave............him and his posse are on the same level as the AppleDumpling Gang.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Thread Information