+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 2012 Postseason/2013 Fullseason invoice

So (from my previous post/question), does anyone have a view on what the total number of post-season games are (and should be) invoiced for pre-ALCS for a full season account?

I'm getting billed for 4 games, but with the invoices not providing a game by game breakdown this year, just trying to understand what that specifically covers. Unless I'm missing something (entirely possible), the only initial options are either hosting 3 ALDS or 2 ALDS plus a wildcard play-in game.

Being billed for 4 games, I'm guessing, also covers the possibility of a multi-team wildcard tie, and any associated round-robin possibilities to determine the final two wildcard teams. Otherwise, it's almost like being billed for printing all 4 possible game tickets - even though, short of the multi-team tie scenario, there can only be a maximum of 3 home games.

NYYF Legend

Hey NYY, the most information you'll find is on this page which lists all strip prices by location (non-premium only!), round, and plan type:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

You can probably make a good estimate of your individual ticket pricing based on that. But your suites rep could tell you straight away over the phone

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Hey NYY, the most information you'll find is on this page which lists all strip prices by location (non-premium only!), round, and plan type:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

You can probably make a good estimate of your individual ticket pricing based on that. But your suites rep could tell you straight away over the phone
    Right, that's exactly my point, from the info on the link you provided. Unless I'm somehow forgetting to carry a zero or something similar - I'm very explicitly getting charged for 4 tickets under the 2012 Wild Card Game and AL Division Series (three potential home games) heading on that pricing chart. Being invoiced that way across both groups of FS seats I have.

Unfortunately (my fault) been playing phone tag with my rep, but I figured there must be someone else floating around here who's facing a FS playoff invoice. So just wondering if others are also getting billed for 4 games for the first potential series, and if so - whether that seems weird to anyone.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    So just wondering if others are also getting billed for 4 games for the first potential series, and if so - whether that seems weird to anyone.
    It is weird, but it is possble. The most postseason games pre-ALCS that can be played is 4 (two wildcard single game eliminations and two ALDS best of 5)

Tiebreaker games are considered regular season and are billed to you card separately if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It is weird, but it is possble. The most postseason games pre-ALCS that can be played is 4 (two wildcard single game eliminations and two ALDS best of 5)

Tiebreaker games are considered regular season and are billed to you card separately if necessary
    Thanks, and yes - totally agreed on everything you said. And if there was some additional tie-breaker scenario before the up to 4 pre-ALCS games - they have 3 games worth of tie-breaker tickets within the full season ticket books. If any of those are used, think they are first billed against any playoff refunds, then from any account balance, and finally to your card if that's necessary.

So guess anyone else paying a full season strip invoice is also getting charged for 4 pre-ALCS games, and no one cares/notices? Kind of suprising, but whatever I suppose.

Wow. preliminary seat relocation event next week for STH only

http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/select_a_seat.jsp

in my opinion , there will still be a decent amount of inventory "held back" as reps who "lost" an account keep the seats on the account so that they can "sell" to someone new

sorry - realize the link doesn't have that detail. here is the guts of the email I recieved

The New York Yankees will host its annual preliminary Full Season Ticket Licensee Seat Relocation Event from September 27-29. The deadline to RSVP is Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012.

This event provides all Full Season Ticket Licensees who have paid in full for their 2013 Full Season Tickets or who have signed up for a 2013 payment auto charge plan the opportunity to move their current seats within their same seating area and price range or upgrade their full season seats to a more favorable location or Full Season Ticket License Plan.

Please note: We encourage you to attend the preliminary Seat Relocation event to see a number of new, recently added locations for full season ticket plans that have not been previously available in past seasons. Certain Yankee Stadium seat locations MAY NOT be available during the Full Season Ticket Licensee Seat Relocation Event and select plans MAY ONLY be available in select areas of Yankee Stadium. This event is ONLY for full season ticket plan locations. There will be NO partial plan locations available at this event.

If you are interested in attending the preliminary Seat Relocation Event, and have already paid in full for your 2013 Full Season Tickets or have signed up for a 2013 payment auto charge plan, please contact your Yankees Representative or call (212) YANKEES.

At a later date, Season Ticket Licensees who have registered for the preliminary Seat Relocation event will receive an email confirming their attendance and notifying them of their date and time slot to attend. Responses must be submitted by Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012.
    Last edited by BourbonMan; 09-18-12 at 07:03 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Wow. preliminary seat relocation event next week for STH only

http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/select_a_seat.jsp

in my opinion , there will still be a decent amount of inventory "held back" as reps who "lost" an account keep the seats on the account so that they can "sell" to someone new

sorry - realize the link doesn't have that detail. here is the guts of the email I recieved

The New York Yankees will host its annual preliminary Full Season Ticket Licensee Seat Relocation Event from September 27-29. The deadline to RSVP is Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012.

This event provides all Full Season Ticket Licensees who have paid in full for their 2013 Full Season Tickets or who have signed up for a 2013 payment auto charge plan the opportunity to move their current seats within their same seating area and price range or upgrade their full season seats to a more favorable location or Full Season Ticket License Plan.

Please note: We encourage you to attend the preliminary Seat Relocation event to see a number of new, recently added locations for full season ticket plans that have not been previously available in past seasons. Certain Yankee Stadium seat locations MAY NOT be available during the Full Season Ticket Licensee Seat Relocation Event and select plans MAY ONLY be available in select areas of Yankee Stadium. This event is ONLY for full season ticket plan locations. There will be NO partial plan locations available at this event.

If you are interested in attending the preliminary Seat Relocation Event, and have already paid in full for your 2013 Full Season Tickets or have signed up for a 2013 payment auto charge plan, please contact your Yankees Representative or call (212) YANKEES.

At a later date, Season Ticket Licensees who have registered for the preliminary Seat Relocation event will receive an email confirming their attendance and notifying them of their date and time slot to attend. Responses must be submitted by Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012.

Sound like "It is time to push the PANIC button" by the Yankees.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Sound like "It is time to push the PANIC button" by the Yankees.
    Panic. No. But people complained that the relo should be in September or October. So they obliged.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by djnova23 View Post
    Panic. No. But people complained that the relo should be in September or October. So they obliged.
    But what about all of the better seats that will open up after the payment deadline? Is it a choice between better weather or better selection?

You'll get both, from what I hear...lots of people dropping full seasons since the 2ndary market has made even the Sox games affordable. Why pay $28 for an IFGS that you can get most games for $10-20 and the prime games between $30 and $50?

I got in invite for the full season relocation but I only have a partial plan??

Quote Originally Posted by specialedd2213 View Post
    I got in invite for the full season relocation but I only have a partial plan??

They are in panic mode which is why they WILL invite all partial - with hope that a couple partials will jump into a FULL season package.

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Cy Young

They are in panic mode which is why they WILL invite all partial - with hope that a couple partials will jump into a FULL season package.

Well, they better hurry and invite THIS partial before I jump into a StubHub package.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Well, they better hurry and invite THIS partial before I jump into a StubHub package.
    Call them and they would love to hear from you.

When you do call, ask for the new reps - they love nothing more than a new FULL season ticket holder request.

NYYF Cy Young

Call them and they would love to hear from you.

When you do call, ask for the new reps - they love nothing more than a new FULL season ticket holder request.
    I have absolutely NO intention whatsoever to become a full season ticket holder. What I meant was if they want to retain me as a Partial I need to see something happen. If they don't care about me as a Partial then I don't care to stay one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I have absolutely NO intention whatsoever to become a full season ticket holder. What I meant was if they want to retain me as a Partial I need to see something happen. If they don't care about me as a Partial then I don't care to stay one.
    You know partial plan holder DONT get any special treatment. If they did, every one and their newborn would be partial STH.

I can add my dogs and cats and fishes to the mix also.

Devoted Member

You know partial plan holder DONT get any special treatment. If they did, every one and their newborn would be partial STH.

I can add my dogs and cats and fishes to the mix also.
    yea that pin and yearbook in past years were the clincher for me to pay up

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    yea that pin and yearbook in past years were the clincher for me to pay up

dont forget the discount vouchers also.

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    Don't forget folks, the Yankees are not the one's setting the prices for the playoff tickets.

MLB controls that along with a majority of the tickets once the Yankees give their season ticket holders their seats.

The charge for the one game playoff is very likely an MLB decision that they making plan holders off all potential playoff teams pay whether that particular team will need to play that game or not.
    I know that they always say that postseason prices are controlled by MLB, but I question that. The Yanks have many different price points, just like the regular season. The phils have 2 price points per round for postseason even though they have many more different regular season prices (i.e., Phillies world series tickets are $150 and I think $225. That's it). If MLB controlled it, wouldn't there be more consistency?

Thread Information