+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2012 Postseason/2013 Fullseason invoice

Recieved the 2012 Postseason/2013 Fullseason invoice in the mail today. My seats are in the Inf. Grandstand and it looks like the Postseason price for 1 seat went up from $650 last season to $678 this season. Since they can now charge us for one extra game (The WC Playoff) it looks like they did not raise the total Postseason price this season.

Re: 2012 Postseason/2013 Fullseason invoice

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Recieved the 2012 Postseason/2013 Fullseason invoice in the mail today. My seats are in the Inf. Grandstand and it looks like the Postseason price for 1 seat went up from $650 last season to $678 this season. Since they can now charge us for one extra game (The WC Playoff) it looks like they did not raise the total Postseason price this season.
    I got mine yesterday. Whats with the same pay date for this seasons playoff invoice, and for next seasons tickets..

Got mine too. With the fancy legacy club brochure.

It's pretty rediculous. You have to be a full season holder for 30+ years for any meaningful benefits. no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    Got mine too. With the fancy legacy club brochure.

It's pretty rediculous. You have to be a full season holder for 30+ years for any meaningful benefits. no thanks
    Granted that they suck, the mets offer all the same benefits if you pay your invoice infull that the yankees offer if you stay as a licensee for 40+ years. Its a joke.

NYYF Legend

Seems like they jacked up the prices for partial planners this year:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/postseason_pricing.jsp

Just another way they're trying to push people into full season

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Seems like they jacked up the prices for partial planners this year
    Comes as no surprise. They've treated partials like crap at every turn since the relo.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Seems like they jacked up the prices for partial planners this year:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/postseason_pricing.jsp

Just another way they're trying to push people into full season
    Let me edit that for you:

Just another way they're trying to push people OUT of any kind of ticket plan

I really don't understand why people buy full season packages. even if money were no object (which it is for most of us), how many people can go to 81 regular season home games a year? and with the way the tix are priced now, you can't make up any meaningful percentage of the cost on the secondary market.

I know it gives you first choice on postseason games, but at some point, you're better off just buying the postseason games at some ridiculous price than you are buying 81 games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I really don't understand why people buy full season packages. even if money were no object (which it is for most of us), how many people can go to 81 regular season home games a year?
    The reason is usually to be "part of the team", to have that membership card. But at these prices, it makes no sense because in every price category you're grossly overpaying and there's no way you can unload all your extras and recoup what you paid for them.

That's why you see the Yankees so desperate to try and scrape together any token "perks" they can imagine:
    - $10 less per postseason ticket
    - 1-day ahead presale for regular season tickets
    - 1-day ahead presale for concerts / other sporting events
    - 2-day ahead mailing of tickets (still weeks later than other teams)
    - free yearbook ($15 on ebay?)
    - free pin ($10 on ebay?)

The only legitimate perk is the full postseason strip because it includes World Series. But the WS happens on average every 1 in 3 or 4 years, and ALDS tickets can be had for face these days and ALCS not too much more than face. The economics just aren't favorable to owning season tickets unless you're willing to lose several hundred (or thousand) dollars just to carry that little card in your back pocket

The reason is usually to be "part of the team", to have that membership card. But at these prices, it makes no sense because in every price category you're grossly overpaying and there's no way you can unload all your extras and recoup what you paid for them.

That's why you see the Yankees so desperate to try and scrape together any token "perks" they can imagine:

The only legitimate perk is the full postseason strip because it includes World Series. But the WS happens on average every 1 in 3 or 4 years, and ALDS tickets can be had for face these days and ALCS not too much more than face. The economics just aren't favorable to owning season tickets unless you're willing to lose several hundred (or thousand) dollars just to carry that little card in your back pocket
    don't forget after 30 years you can get free access to the mohegan sun club

NYYF Legend

If they want to give us a perk that means something how about not charging us $25 to mail out the season tickets. What a rip-off that is.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    If they want to give us a perk that means something how about not charging us $25 to mail out the season tickets. What a rip-off that is.
    You pay extra for the time they spend babysitting your tickets instead of mailing them out promptly

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Grandstands are now $31 each? I'm done if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Grandstands are now $31 each? I'm done if that's true.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

The $31 is for ALDS tickets, 2013 pricing isn't out yet.

Also I noticed, the Yankees are not billing for the wilcard round. That's a little big arrogant, or more like negligent on their part. Other teams are including it in the postseason invoice. If Tampa somehow manages to catch up, the Yankees will need to play a 1-game playoff against the other wildcard and will have to bill everyone again separately. Is the wildcard playoff game included with the tie breakers in the full season booklet? I don't remember seeing it in my partial plan booklets

The $31 is for ALDS tickets, 2013 pricing isn't out yet.

Also I noticed, the Yankees are not billing for the wilcard round. That's a little big arrogant, or more like negligent on their part. Other teams are including it in the postseason invoice. If Tampa somehow manages to catch up, the Yankees will need to play a 1-game playoff against the other wildcard and will have to bill everyone again separately. Is the wildcard playoff game included with the tie breakers in the full season booklet? I don't remember seeing it in my partial plan booklets
    Effectively they are. They're billing for 3 divisional games - since they can only host 2 divisional round games if they're the wildcard, they're billing for the maximum number of games whether they win the division or go in as a wildcard (assuming the wildcard game would be the same price as ALDS games).

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I really don't understand why people buy full season packages. even if money were no object (which it is for most of us), how many people can go to 81 regular season home games a year? and with the way the tix are priced now, you can't make up any meaningful percentage of the cost on the secondary market.

I know it gives you first choice on postseason games, but at some point, you're better off just buying the postseason games at some ridiculous price than you are buying 81 games.
    Because it is cheaper than buying 2 half-season packages, or 4 quarter-season packages?

The real question is why anyone would buy a half or quarter season...

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Effectively they are. They're billing for 3 divisional games - since they can only host 2 divisional round games if they're the wildcard, they're billing for the maximum number of games whether they win the division or go in as a wildcard (assuming the wildcard game would be the same price as ALDS games).
    Ah. I had another reply that got lost, but this one makes more sense: If they play the wildcard game and win, they would only get two home games in the LDS anyway. But which of the LDS tickets would be for the WC game, I guess whichever ticket would be written on the ticket.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    This assumes that they are pricing the ALWCG the same as the ALDS, but good observation on that

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Ah. I had another reply that got lost, but this one makes more sense: If they play the wildcard game and win, they would only get two home games in the LDS anyway. But which of the LDS tickets would be for the WC game, I guess whichever ticket would be written on the ticket.
    Yeah that's going to be weird. The season will have a bunch of games left when the tickets are printed in Arkansas. What the heck do you write on that third ticket?

This assumes that they are pricing the ALWCG the same as the ALDS, but good observation on that

Yeah that's going to be weird. The season will have a bunch of games left when the tickets are printed in Arkansas. What the heck do you write on that third ticket?
    I guess: "possible wild card playoff -or- ALDS Home Game 3"

Or they can print an extra ticket, which would mean either the WC game ticket or ALDS home game 3 would necessarily go unused.

Edit: so, apparently other trams are charging for both the potential WC game, as well as a third potential LDS home game?

Devoted Member

I was at the game yesterday and they had a table set up to renew your full season tickets. They game me a New Era cap for making my first payment. I chose the 8 payment plan.

Devoted Member

And based on my invoice, the prices have not gone up in infield grandstand.

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar

Don't forget folks, the Yankees are not the one's setting the prices for the playoff tickets.

MLB controls that along with a majority of the tickets once the Yankees give their season ticket holders their seats.

The charge for the one game playoff is very likely an MLB decision that they making plan holders off all potential playoff teams pay whether that particular team will need to play that game or not.
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Edit: so, apparently other trams are charging for both the potential WC game, as well as a third potential LDS home game?
    Yep, Nationals go even further and are charging for a 9-game strip up front:

1 x Tie Breaker
    1 x Wild Card Game
    3 x NLDS
    4 x NLCS

That's guaranteed to have one game unplayed, and 90% likely 2 or more unplayed, but they still charge for all those 9 games.

The World Series strip is billed later if necessary and the cheapest tickets are $135 each

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    Don't forget folks, the Yankees are not the one's setting the prices for the playoff tickets.

MLB controls that along with a majority of the tickets once the Yankees give their season ticket holders their seats.

The charge for the one game playoff is very likely an MLB decision that they making plan holders off all potential playoff teams pay whether that particular team will need to play that game or not.
    The Yankees don't appear to be adding the potential Wild Card playoff to the regular playoff strip while other teams are. If it is MLB's call to charge for the WC games, maybe the Yankees are temporarily absorbing the cost?

Does the letter say anything about the wild card playoff game?

Thread Information