+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
  1. #1
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New York City

    2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Did I miss it, or is there really no thread for Eric Chavez, while there is for some of the other bench players? Anyway, he seems to be trying to channel his old Oakland self to make up for the absence of Arod! I know it can't last, and he's an injury risk, but I give him a lot of credit right now. Also for his honesty in saying there should be a high level of concern! (per Lohud). It's very refreshing!

  2. #2
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread


  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    maybe a mod can merge he threads?
    I'm just hoping he doesn't breakdown with all this PT.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  4. #4

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    He's been playing very well, holding my breath on his back. Nix has done well over there as well. Chavez will do a great job til ARod comes back, A Rod will struggle for two weeks getting his timing down heading into the playoffs, and we'll see a repeat of last years playoff performance while Chavez sits on the bench and watches.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    He's been playing very well, holding my breath on his back. Nix has done well over there as well. Chavez will do a great job til ARod comes back, A Rod will struggle for two weeks getting his timing down heading into the playoffs, and we'll see a repeat of last years playoff performance while Chavez sits on the bench and watches.
    Chavez will play over Ibanez v RHP either as DH or 3B with A-rod DHing. Assuming he's healthy come October.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #6
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Can a player be hotter during a series than Chavez is during this 4 gamer against the cats?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  7. #7

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Chavez will play over Ibanez v RHP either as DH or 3B with A-rod DHing. Assuming he's healthy come October.
    Let's hope so, Tripper. It's not like Ibanez has been scuffling of late, either. It may be a situation where it's the best thing for both Chavez and Ibanez to both be in the line up and we all know that won't happen. A lot of baseball left, but I'm just not confident in A Rods ability to come back from a wrist injury at that point in the season and be any kind of force with the bat.

  8. #8
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Can't see him playing tomorrow. Maybe he'll get one game against the Jays but given that we have both Nix and McGehee, he shouldn't start anymore than that. Remember, he needs rest.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  9. #9

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Can't see him playing tomorrow. Maybe he'll get one game against the Jays but given that we have both Nix and McGehee, he shouldn't start anymore than that. Remember, he needs rest.
    The Blue Jays are starting three lefty pitchers. He might not play at all, but chances are he'll get into some games in Toronto.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Can't see him playing tomorrow. Maybe he'll get one game against the Jays but given that we have both Nix and McGehee, he shouldn't start anymore than that. Remember, he needs rest.
    How many lefties are Toronto throwing? I agree he should sit twice this weekend but only because it is on turf and I'd rather he stay healthy but generally I want him in the lineup v all RHP as long as his body holds up and A-rod is on the DL.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    You cannot say enough good things about Chavez and the things that he is doing for the Yankees this year.

  12. #12
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Blue Jays are starting three lefty pitchers. He might not play at all, but chances are he'll get into some games in Toronto.
    Hence why I don't think he'll start tomorrow. McGehee will play third, Nix will play left and Jones will DH, with Ichiro moving over to right. That said, Romero has reverse splits due to his changeup killing righties. Maybe we'll see Raul tomorrow.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  13. #13
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hampton Beach, NH

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Let's hope so, Tripper. It's not like Ibanez has been scuffling of late, either. It may be a situation where it's the best thing for both Chavez and Ibanez to both be in the line up and we all know that won't happen. A lot of baseball left, but I'm just not confident in A Rods ability to come back from a wrist injury at that point in the season and be any kind of force with the bat.
    Which is why we Ichiro should no longer be an everyday player. Barring a return by Gardner, this team is at its best with Ibanez/Jones platooning LF and A-Rod/Chavez alternating between 3B and DH.

    Ichiro is nothing more than a role player at this stage in his career - late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner/pinch hitter is where he best serves this team.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  14. #14
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread


  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I saw that yesterday. Still kills me.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  16. #16
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Which is why we Ichiro should no longer be an everyday player. Barring a return by Gardner, this team is at its best with Ibanez/Jones platooning LF and A-Rod/Chavez alternating between 3B and DH.

    Ichiro is nothing more than a role player at this stage in his career - late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner/pinch hitter is where he best serves this team.
    His defense is worth him starting v. Righties.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  17. #17
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    His defense is worth him starting v. Righties.
    Yeah, I never want to see Raul in the field.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  18. #18
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Don't think we'll see Chavez much this weekend - per Lohud he actually admitted he could use a rest. So between lefties and turf, this would be the time.

  19. #19

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Yeah, I never want to see Raul in the field.
    Me neither. Say what you want about Ichiro, the guy is still a professional hitter, regression and all, and still plays A+ defense and can make plays that Ibanez and Jones are incapable of making at this point in their respective careers.

  20. #20
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Me neither. Say what you want about Ichiro, the guy is still a professional hitter, regression and all, and still plays A+ defense and can make plays that Ibanez and Jones are incapable of making at this point in their respective careers.
    Not sure it's A+ defence but it's still very good. Probably B+ or A-.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  21. #21

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    awesome

  22. #22
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Don't think we'll see Chavez much this weekend - per Lohud he actually admitted he could use a rest. So between lefties and turf, this would be the time.
    As much rest as he needs. Beasting.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  23. #23
    The forgotten hero hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Constantly criticized the decision to re-sign him, said he was finished, didn't understand the fascination many here seemed to have with him. Here to eat poop now. I was wrong. Still worried about his durability but his performance has been an absolute godsend.
    Offseason, time to try optimism again.

  24. #24
    Addicted Member
    2PhonesMaccabee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Virginia

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    What pitcher is that?

  25. #25
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Eric Chavez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PhonesMaccabee View Post
    What pitcher is that?
    Eppley
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts