+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

does anyone have 2001 alcs game 5 on tape? dying to relive the chants

im dying to relive the chants that took place at this game, loudest i ever heard it
    cant find videos of it ANYWHERE online, ill pay for it, let me know

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: does anyone have 2001 alcs game 5 on tape? dying to relive the chants

Try looking for the 2001 World Series Game 5, not ALCS. I believe that's the game you're referring to...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg2...-2001-ws_sport

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Nah, pretty sure he is talking about the ALCS. Game 5 was an absolute beatdown of the Mariners, and the last 4 innings of the game was just constant chants and celebrating.

yeah im talking about the alcs game 5, NOT the world series, the chants at the game are still talked about today so i just wanted to see if anyone knows anywhere i can watch it
    thanks

I was at that game.
    It was awesome...

"No game 6, No game 6"...

"Sy-ah-nor-ah, sy-ah-nor-ah"....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I was at that game.
    It was awesome...

"No game 6, No game 6"...

"Sy-ah-nor-ah, sy-ah-nor-ah"....
    That's cool - I wish I was there.

NYYF Cy Young

The fans were pretty brutal to Ichiro in that game if I recall correctly....I thought they were chanting "HIROSHIMA" during Ichiro's final AB's.

Quote Originally Posted by OlgMvp View Post
    The fans were pretty brutal to Ichiro in that game if I recall correctly....I thought they were chanting "HIROSHIMA" during Ichiro's final AB's.
    I don't remember that.

I know the fans reacted to Pinella's outburst the night before, guaranteeing that the series would go back to Seattle for a game six.
    And also, since Ichiro was rocking the baseball world with a .350 BA, leading his team to 116 wins, the fans yelled 'OVER-RATED' and 'SY-AH-NOR-HA'....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

please tell me someone has this game on tape, lol im about to email fox for it

I defintely remember the over-rated. But I try to not remember that season as much as possible.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by demarco5 View Post
    please tell me someone has this game on tape, lol im about to email fox for it
    Hope you find it. Just looked @ youtube...goose egg.
    Just a suggestion FWIW maybe Vinny knows someone with a copy, or knows of someone in attendance who had a recording device? http://www.section203.com/ Odds are, he led the chants

Good luck!!

ill try vinny on twitter, doubt it though, cant believe nobody on here taped it

I was in the RF upper deck and the last 4 innings turned into almost a college atmosphere. The OVER RATED chant was great, the Say-o-nara chant was loud and hysterical. I think some people at first thought it was a Hiroshima chant, when it started, it was not. I know that chant has been used at Ichiro but I don't recall it that night. (Can't say it didn't happen but it was not one of the ones that caught on like wildfire in the park) "No game 6" was also loud when Piniella came out as he guaranteed one

There was also one other chant that started late in the game, by the end of the game, every fan walking down the old stadium ramps was chanting it, and its one of those things that may seem out of place now but if you were there that night, it just happened.

F*CK BIN LADEN. The chant was loud. You could hear it over NY NY as you left the stadium, you could hear it on the street. It was picked up by people on the street.

It was an insane night, I think a couple things looking back:

It was a real sense of pent up emotion. The Yankees made the world series, it did not obviously change what happened on 9/11 but it was a night to actually have some emotion spill out

Those playoffs were very different then 2000. There was a real sense that we could be attacked in a stadium, not an underlying fear a real possibility. I think a lot of casual fans did not think it was worth being in the stadium, a lot of die hards got the tickets it felt much like 1996. It was a crowd ready to burst.

NYYF Legend

I have the game on VHS tape. Just have to find it. Send me a PM. Do you want the entire game or just the last few innings?

just pmed you, youre a lifesaver if you find it

I was there also, along with WS game 4 (Tino). "No Game 6!" was the greatest. I'm surprised I ever got my voice back after that night. Sad to say it, but the new Stadium will never have that kind of atmosphere. It's not physically possible. All thoses people crammed onto those ramps going nuts; I wish I had a video camera rolling during the 20 minutes or so it took to exit the upper deck. Insanity. I didn't think it could be topped until game 4. Absolute bedlam when Tino connected and a total explosion when Jeter ended it.

I was at the Boone game too, and the Tino game topped it for insanity from my point of view, but that Seattle clincher was right there.
    A humble man of grace and dignity.
    A captain who led by example.

great story, obviously on a loud factor tinos HR would win but i just remember joe buck saying something like "never heard chants like this before at yankee stadium" and mccarver laughing lol

Quote Originally Posted by demarco5 View Post
    ill try vinny on twitter, doubt it though, cant believe nobody on here taped it

There are "underground" trading clubs. I picked up a couple dvds for keepsake a while ago. They have almost every game. Now I just have to remember what was the forum and so forth.

Will have to find it from the old PC's memory - I threw them out AFTER removing the "brain" of course.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I don't remember that.

I know the fans reacted to Pinella's outburst the night before, guaranteeing that the series would go back to Seattle for a game six.
    And also, since Ichiro was rocking the baseball world with a .350 BA, leading his team to 116 wins, the fans yelled 'OVER-RATED' and 'SY-AH-NOR-HA'....

I tried finding some articles about it or videos, couldn't find any...although in a much older thread, another poster mentions the hiroshima chant....so I'm not completely crazy. If my memory is correct and it did happen, certainly not our finest moment. Here's the thread....

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...-Stadium/page2

let me know if you find it
    cant believe theres another thread thats talking about this same game

I was there too & I remember all of the chants mentioned and the vibe. I also remember the Hip Hip Jorge chant being especially loud. It was the first time I really took note of it. It was probably done before I would imagine.

After every other Mariner reliever had been hammered...

"We want Nelson!"

Jeff Nelson didn't leave town on good terms, criticizing Torre for All Star snub if I remember correctly. While the chant was going on, the TV cameras showed Nelson alone and pretty motionless in the dark bullpen.

Probably my favorite chant because when Piniella opened his mouth, the Yankee fans didn't forget anyone or anything in retaliation.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post

"We want Nelson!"

Jeff Nelson didn't leave town on good terms, criticizing Torre for All Star snub if I remember correctly. While the chant was going on, the TV cameras showed Nelson alone and pretty motionless in the dark bullpen.

Probably my favorite chant because when Piniella opened his mouth, the Yankee fans didn't forget anyone or anything in retaliation.
    Nelson said in the papers that the Yankees would regret not keeping him. The fans that night were not going to let him forget it.

I was there that night too.

I remember it being my 1st year in college at St. John's and I just so happened to go on Ticketmaster on the Thursday and seeing that 2 tickets in Section 39 was available for Game 5 and bought them. When Soriano hit the HR in Game 4, my roommate and I knew something special the next night was going to happen.

It was intense buildup leading into that game outside and then inside. Only the Stadium could provide those nights.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post

"We want Nelson!"

I was at that game and was amazed at not only how load the chats were but how clear. The whole Stadium was involved and in sync.

"No Game 6, no Game 6."

It was also the only time where the Jorge chant was not Hip-hip . . . hor-hay, but one side of the Stadium saying "Hor" and then the other side replying "Hay" (sort of like the R - U for Rutgers fans).

Thread Information