+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF HOF

Powerplant & force trade

Force get: Giancarlo Stanton & Clayton Richard (both keepable in late rounds)
    Plant get: SP Cliff Lee, SP James Shields, 3B Martin Prado

Sorry for the lateness of this thread it appears that me and my trade partner have been busy...seeing as this already has 6 objections (why?? Idk.) ...I guess it needed a thread
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: Powerplant & force trade

48 hours to start a thread is ridiculous.

The person who accepts a trade should post the thread. And if you're too busy to do it, then don't accept the deal until you have the 2 minutes it takes to login and make a thread.

It's not like this was going to be processed in time for this week's lineup anyhow.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

I think this trade should be held for an extra 48 hours to give people the full allotment of time to discuss and review it.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I think this trade should be held for an extra 48 hours to give people the full allotment of time to discuss and review it.
    You know CBS does send an email to everyone in the league when trades are made. That's actually more convenient than having to log into this site.

Anyway, I accepted the trade via my phone because I was gone all weekend without access to my computer.

I think you're making something out of nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    You know CBS does send an email to everyone in the league when trades are made. That's actually more convenient than having to log into this site.

Anyway, I accepted the trade via my phone because I was gone all weekend without access to my computer.

I think you're making something out of nothing here.
    You know you can access this site from your phone, right? I mean, if you can go through the trouble of accessing CBS to accept the trade, you can take two minutes to post it here...

I don't go to the CBS page as often as I come here. I can check the scores through the phone app, and check what's going on, through this forum page.

You know you can access this site from your phone, right? I mean, if you can go through the trouble of accessing CBS to accept the trade, you can take two minutes to post it here...

I don't go to the CBS page as often as I come here. I can check the scores through the phone app, and check what's going on, through this forum page.
    I access CBS through the app. The forum doesn't load properly on my POS phone.

I can see both sides of this argument.

On the one hand, it is a rule that a Trade Announcement must be made here on the site immediately after it is accepted.

On the other hand, if I saw a trade offered to me that I thought was beneficial to my team and I only had access to the CBS Site, I might be compelled to accept the trade for fear it may be pulled off the table.

This actually happened to me a few years ago where I had access at work to the CBS Site, but forums were all blocked. I accepted the deal and updated the forum a few hours later when I got home. I seem to recall getting a hard time about a few hours.

In this case, it's 48 hours. That's a lot of passed time. I agree that we should extend the voting period on this one for up to 48 hours, especially given it will go through (or be denied) in plenty of time before next period.

NYYF Triple Crown

While I agree that 48hrs is a while to post a trade; it's not that big a deal. I was notified via email and approved immediately. Not everyone can do that obviously, but end of the day the voting period is through tomorrow. Pretty sure everyone was notified and has time to react even if the thread isn't available for whatever reason to discuss the opinions of the trade.

Are there objections because of the time lapse or because they are objections? Will some of you speak up?

I know it's annoying that the time went by but I just read the trade section of our constitution and it does not mention anything about being penalized for not putting up a thread. I think this was something we had an agreement on to do, however it became so common that we expected it.

There are points to both sides of the argument here.
    Not knowing about a trade you can't vote on it but at the same time I'd like to think all 20 of our owners are on the site enough to see it. There is a significant waiting period for trades.

However in this day we also need to understand that when this league started we did not have smart phones and apps and things to accept trades with while we're driving to work. So I think we do need to evolve here. I would appreciate, as well as all others would, you opening a thread asap, either party will do, but I see no justification for a penalty written in the constitution. It's here now we should move on.

Please take this as a lesson in the future for all that have noticed. If you cannot open a thread contact your trade partner and ask them to do it for you. You could even write it in the comments as you accept the trade. We will all see that.

A fair, judicious and swift decision oh wise & powerful Commish. However, you have left the door open for the future. No pun intended.

lol thanks... but what I mean is if you can accept the trade write in the comments that you have no way of starting a thread. we will all see that, your trade partner will and maybe he/she will do it instead.

The problem is, and I completely understand what Eric is saying, but it's easier to access the cbs site via an app and hit an accept button than it is to start a thread on your phone. I dunno about you guys but if I post in a thread once a month on my phone it's alot. It's just annoying. On the CBS app it's just a click.

John brings up a good point. Some people pull their offers back within a day if you don't accept so if you like a trade you should be able to jump on it and get to starting a thread when you can. Is 2 days a lot? maybe. But like I said there is nothing in the constitution and I don't believe this to be a big enough issue to use any executive power.

Apparently I have reading comprehension issues and I did not see the sentence in the constitution that does in fact say it needs to be posted. Ugh. My apologies for that.

Now I have to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Apparently I have reading comprehension issues and I did not see the sentence in the constitution that does in fact say it needs to be posted. Ugh. My apologies for that.

Now I have to figure this out.
    I'm sure you will make a fair, judicious and swift decision oh wise & powerful Commish.

Just disregard the man behind the curtain.

Okay, this is a very gray area. The constitution does say immediately but immediately is not a difinitive timeframe. Is 48 hours immediately? No. But what is? An hour? What if someone says 2 hours? Then it goes to 5 hours... and so on.

I'm going to give this one a mulligan anyway, and my major reason for this is not only an undefined amount of time in the constitution but it also falls on a Monday where we ALL are on the CBS site setting our rosters to be legal, right? So fortunately for the teams involved you had the right timing or else I would have taken Eric's consideration under advisement. Monday the CBS site theoretically should be getting the most traffic. So if someone is going to see the trade it's going to be today.

Anyway, a constitution amendment needs to be made, uh, immediately. We need to put a definitive time frame in it to avoid this in the future. I am not trying to set a precedent here. We are going to specify it in the constitution and this will be a black and white rule.

Sorry for the back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    A fair, judicious and swift decision oh wise & powerful Commish. However, you have left the door open for the future. No pun intended.
    Bullsh*t, those of us who have been in this league with you for a long time know, pun fully intended.

Bullsh*t, those of us who have been in this league with you for a long time know, pun fully intended.
    I'm avoiding opening that door. This will never happen again. I will make sure of it. We need to amend the constitution. Once we do, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'm avoiding opening that door. This will never happen again. I will make sure of it. We need to amend the constitution. Once we do, case closed.
    He was referring to "the future" as in The FUTURE as the pun.

I called him out on that, since I think he fully intended the pun.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

FWIW the trade has six objections and nobody - not one person - has posted here with a reason, as per usual. So this thread has been open for 24 hours and has been useless. Whenever I object I post a reason but I seem to be in the minority. I am starting to see these threads as mostly pointless.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    FWIW the trade has six objections and nobody - not one person - has posted here with a reason, as per usual. So this thread has been open for 24 hours and has been useless. Whenever I object I post a reason but I seem to be in the minority. I am starting to see these threads as mostly pointless.
    I will come forth and say I approved it.

NYYF Cy Young

Approved

Thread Information