+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Re: Arod has a fractured wrist

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I have no idea what the numbers are, but I'd bet the Yankees get hit far less under Girardi than they did under Torre.
    I'd bet you're right, although Pedro not being on the Red Sox roster is probably responsible for a big chunk of that difference
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    This may pave the way for Ichiro to lead off and slide Granderson down.
    I said basically the same thing in the Ichiro thread.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    This may pave the way for Ichiro to lead off and slide Granderson down.
    I see no rational reason for this.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I see no rational reason for this.
    If you like .288 OBP's having the most AB's per game, I can see why you'd like it.

NYYF Legend

He is batting .297 away from Safco this season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    He is batting .297 away from Safco this season.
    With a .316 OBP. Almost as bad as Martin and definitely among the worst of the regulars on the team.

With A-Rod out a couple of weeks the Yanks could use another right handed bat to platoon with Chavez at 3b. One guy I thought of who could still be useful at DH once A-Rod comes back is Aramis Ramirez, who the Brewers might look to trade once they fall completely out of contention. He's having a solid year and has always been a very good hitter. He would give the clubhouse another solid veteran that will show up to play everyday

Devoted Member

Joel Sherman tweeting that Ramiro Pena on way to Seattle to to replace A-Rod...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher_Creature View Post
    Why not Laird? He's hitting .366 over the last 10 days.

Chavez to get the bulk of the starts or Pena?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher_Creature View Post

Well at least Pena can field. But he can't hit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Well at least Pena can field. But he can't hit at all.
    I recall his fielding wasn't pristine either last time he was up. I really hope that he is not Cashman's "answer" to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by heyabbott View Post

I was thinking Laird, also.
    Wasn't he like the defensive player of the year last year?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Can Corban Joseph play any 3B? He's been raking in AAA this year and he's not likely to have much of a future at 2B as long as Cano is on this team.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    I recall his fielding wasn't pristine either last time he was up. I really hope that he is not Cashman's "answer" to this problem.
    Seriously. Even if his defense was on the level of Brooks Robinson he's still worthless offensively and we already have a black hole at the bottom of the lineup in the Stewart/Martin combo.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Cy Young

I would rather have ARod play with a broken wrist than have Ramiro Pena as our 3B for the months of August and September.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

Quote Originally Posted by heyabbott View Post

I'm pretty sure that recalling Pena means that it will be a Chavez-Nix platoon unless and until another move is made.

Pena will be the backup to Jeter etc., a job for which Nix has proven his inadequacy. Pena is being called up to take that job, not to take Arod's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I'd bet you're right, although Pedro not being on the Red Sox roster is probably responsible for a big chunk of that difference
    Wakefield, too.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I feel the Ms leadoff hitter (presumably Ackley) should get plunked tomorrow by the first pitch Ivan Nova throws. While neither Jeter nor Rodriguez was intentionally hit by Felix Hernandez a message about accountability should be sent. It's nothing personal. I bear no ill will against Hernandez and Ackley needn't be injured. A well-placed fastball to a meaty part of the upper legs will suffice. I just think Seattle needs to be reminded that it can't drill two batters and nearly a third (Ibanez in top 9th. I don't count the Ichiro HBP since it was a breaking ball off his foot) and break a person's hand without having to face consequences. Heck, if no warning is issued I would throw at the next guy (probably Saunders) as well. Again, aim low. I don't want injury - just accountability. Tempers might flare a little but the Yankees could stand to get fired up a bit, especially after what happened this evening.
    With a .194 batting average and .272 on-base percentage at home this season, the Seattle Mariners might welcome putting the leadoff hitter on base today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Just remember if you shoot your wad for Headley then forget about Upton this winter.
    A trade for Upton this offseason is probably a long shot. The Dbacks have twice floated Upton out there on the market and have pulled out. That tells me they're either not very serious about dealing him or want a king's ransom and probably have specific types of players they're looking for in return (i.e. close to the majors at positions of weakness). So its possible the Yankees don't even have the pieces Arizona is looking for. I mean they checked-in on him now and if something could be worked out don't you think they would've gotten a little further (maybe they did and we didn't know about it, but it doesn't seem like anyone was close to landing Upton). What's really going to change in the offseason?

Plus a guy like Upton is likely to cost a lot more than Headley and while he is a better player he'll be paid more than twice Headley's salary over the next couple years.

If you can get Headley for a fair price (good prospects, but nothing ridiculous) its a smart move. Headley also affords the Yankees defensive flexibility when ARod returns as he can play some OF and 1B if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    A trade for Upton this offseason is probably a long shot. The Dbacks have twice floated Upton out there on the market and have pulled out. That tells me they're either not very serious about dealing him or want a king's ransom and probably have specific types of players they're looking for in return (i.e. close to the majors at positions of weakness). So its possible the Yankees don't even have the pieces Arizona is looking for. I mean they checked-in on him now and if something could be worked out don't you think they would've gotten a little further (maybe they did and we didn't know about it, but it doesn't seem like anyone was close to landing Upton). What's really going to change in the offseason?

Plus a guy like Upton is likely to cost a lot more than Headley and while he is a better player he'll be paid more than twice Headley's salary over the next couple years.

If you can get Headley for a fair price (good prospects, but nothing ridiculous) its a smart move. Headley also affords the Yankees defensive flexibility when ARod returns as he can play some OF and 1B if needed.
    Just based on San Diego extending Quentin, I don't see them trading Headley unless the get something ridiculous from another team as they can easily afford him in their budget with new ownership coming in.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

I knew this was a huge blow when it happened,
    but even I couldn't fully grasp the magnitude of this blow until I heard the words ...

Ramiro Pena
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    With a .316 OBP. Almost as bad as Martin and definitely among the worst of the regulars on the team.
    Ichiro! should bat ninth. If nothing else, it might cut down on Captain Groundball's double plays.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Ichiro! should bat ninth. If nothing else, it might cut down on Captain Groundball's double plays.
    Per LoHud, Ichiro leading off today, with the Captain batting second. Same effect, I guess.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Someone oughta teach Girardi a thing or two about assembling a lineup.
    Pardon, for us.

Did the YES Guy misspeak?

I'm watching Yankees Batting Practice and he said Arod will be out 4 to 6 Weeks

I thought it was 6 to 8 Weeks?
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Thread Information