+ Reply to Thread

2013 All-Star game tickets

What's the best way to go about getting tickets for All-Star weekend? I live a couple of miles from Queens and I haven't been to an actual game in nearly five years, but was hoping to make the trip out there.

Re: 2013 All-Star game tickets

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    What's the best way to go about getting tickets for All-Star weekend? I live a couple of miles from Queens and I haven't been to an actual game in nearly five years, but was hoping to make the trip out there.

1. Unless you have season tickets with Mets - getting AS game ticket at face value will be difficult.

2. If you are trying to get tickets at the day of the event - most likely, you will ends up with counterfeit tickets. AS game tickets are one of the most bootlegged.

3. And if you really want to attend, you will have to pay through the nose for them on Stubhub.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    1. Unless you have season tickets with Mets - getting AS game ticket at face value will be difficult.

2. If you are trying to get tickets at the day of the event - most likely, you will ends up with counterfeit tickets. AS game tickets are one of the most bootlegged.

3. And if you really want to attend, you will have to pay through the nose for them on Stubhub.
    Don't you have to buy the whole 3 day strip? If someone really wants to see the ASG (and I could care less about it) it may not me much more than if you had the buy the entire strip and instead just spent the $ on the ASG.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Don't you have to buy the whole 3 day strip? If someone really wants to see the ASG (and I could care less about it) it may not me much more than if you had the buy the entire strip and instead just spent the $ on the ASG.
    Yes. MLB requires that you buy the strip. They are not sold individually from MLB.

I am sure that:

1. There will be some type of lottery draw for non-season / plan holders.
    2. There will be a way for you to buy the strips from the Mets with a big-ticket purchase.
    3. There will be a "last chance" deal for partial / season plan holders who did not commit early.

Don't lose sleep over it. There will be opportunities. Come back often. We are sure to be discussing them.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Buy a cheap, prorated NYM plan that includes 2013 ASG rights

should be in Around the Majors forum...this really has nothing to do with yankees out of play
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

Quote Originally Posted by Icon23 View Post
    Buy a cheap, prorated NYM plan that includes 2013 ASG rights
    The Mets already *sold* options to all present 15 and 20-game plan holders provided they put down a $250 non-refundable deposit for 2013 seats. There are no longer *options* available on their pro-rated plans for this season outside the full-season buy.

But I am certain they will sell options for strips with plans in the off-season as a carrot...

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Cy Young

If I can shoot down some myths:

1. I could not sell my Home Run Derby tickets for a cent more than face in 2008, the last year of OYS.

2. I was only offered a marginal mark up for bleacher seats for the ASG.

All in all, there were a glut of tickets available, and it was not by any means a big score. If what's currently happening with stub hub remains true, you will be able to purchase at face day of the game.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

I signed up for the ASG lottery a few months ago, as well as applied to be a volunteer at the events. Did anyone else do this and has heard anything? I saw that volunteers were supposed to get more information soon and I never did. I'm assuming the ticket lottery still might be a little later but just wanted to ask here, especially since the game is in our area.

If you post in this thread you must:
    1. Post it in bullet point format
    2. Want to attend ASG or,
    3. Offer up advice on how to get tickets
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    If I can shoot down some myths:

1. I could not sell my Home Run Derby tickets for a cent more than face in 2008, the last year of OYS.

2. I was only offered a marginal mark up for bleacher seats for the ASG.

All in all, there were a glut of tickets available, and it was not by any means a big score. If what's currently happening with stub hub remains true, you will be able to purchase at face day of the game.
    You may be right but the biggest difference 5 years later could be the size of the ballparks. 2008 Yankee Stadium had 56,000 seats, Citi Field has 41,000 seats.

Thread Information