+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    The Yankees would be wise to include those midweek mets or dodgers in their weekend plans.
    4 games to spread over three plans? Not likely.

The Mets tickets will sell. The Dodgers tickets will sell. The weekend plans will sell because they are primarily day-of-the week plans, and people are more likelly to attend them.

The Yanks will bundle the junk with the high-demand product. Expect three weekend plans plus four crap plans, with the four crap plans including a game against the Dodgers or the Mets...

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    The Yankees would be wise to include those midweek mets or dodgers in their weekend plans.
    Never happen.
    They'll still bloat those plans up with the three weekday throw-in games, but it ain't gonna be those weekday games.
    Those Dodger games will probably be a hotter ticket to obtain than opening day next season. They took opening day away from the Sunday Plan even when opening day falls on a Sunday. They're not going to throw in what might be an even more marquis game than opening day into those plans just as a goodwill thing.
    The Yankees have been screw-jobbing those weekend plans ever since the relocation and haven't shown any signs of discontinuing that trend that I've seen.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    last 3 games of the season are versus Houston. if the Yankees are in a pennant chase, that could help them a lot considering how bad Hou is.
    against Roger Clemens no less. If Ichiro gets resigned we gotta make sure the rocket doesn't try to eat him in a roid rage frenzy

NYYF Legend

aside from the opening series vs the Red Sox in April the only other midweek premium matchups are the Mets and Dodgers, and I seriously doubt those will be included in partial plans.,

They'll probably include either HOU or ARI along with the usual suspects of KC, SEA, CLE or CWS
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    aside from the opening series vs the Red Sox in April the only other midweek premium matchups are the Mets and Dodgers, and I seriously doubt those will be included in partial plans.,

They'll probably include either HOU or ARI along with the usual suspects of KC, SEA, CLE or CWS
    They absolutely have to go into partial plans. The question is whether the Yankees will include them with midweek partials or weekend partials.

I think the LA and Mets games go to the midweek plans. Maybe the opening Boston series goes to the weekend plans, but IMO they will definitely give midweek plans premium games.

Unless the ticket office mixes it up and doesn't include those premium interleague games in either weekend or midweek partial plans at all, and change how midweek games are assigned to partial plans once again.

If I ever was going to pick up a plan again I would have to consider 20 game plan #1. Not only do they get an extra round of playoff tickets. Look at the games in that plan assuming it doesn't change. Red Sox 3 times, Mets, Dodgers, Giants, and if somehow the Rocket comes back the Astros are in there.

Red Sox Wed April 3rd - Face
    Orioles Sun April 14th - Face
    Blue Jay Thurs April 25th - Loss
    Astros Mon April 29th - Small loss/face
    A's Sat May 4th - Face
    Mariners Thurs May 16th - Loss
    Mets Wed May 29th - Face/small profit
    Red Sox Sun June 2nd - Face/small profit
    Dodgers Tues June 18th - HUGE PROFIT
    Rays Sat June 22nd - Small profit
    Rangers Thurs June 27th - Small loss
    Royals Mon July 8th - Small loss
    Twins Fri July 12th - Face
    Rays Sat July 27th - Small profit
    Tigers Sun Aug 11th - Face
    Angels Thurs Aug 15th - Face
    Orioles Fri Aug 30th - Face
    White Sox Tues Sept 3rd - Loss
    Red Sox Sat Sept 7th - Decent profit
    Giants Sun Sept 22nd - HUGE PROFIT

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    If I ever was going to pick up a plan again I would have to consider 20 game plan #1. Not only do they get an extra round of playoff tickets. Look at the games in that plan assuming it doesn't change. Red Sox 3 times, Mets, Dodgers, Giants, and if somehow the Rocket comes back the Astros are in there.
    Yes indeed. The first thing I did was to check out which games would be in my 20-game plan #1 next year and my reaction was that it was looking really good. I made a profit (still don't understand how I did) on the games I didn't attend in person this year, and next year is looking good too. The hardest decision will be whether to sell that Dodgers game or go to it myself.

NYYF Legend

stupid question but how do you calculate games that would be in a 20 game plan??? I know weekend partials have the designated day plus either 2-3 midweeks, and I know a 41 is every other day but how do you calculate a 20 game plan?
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    stupid question but how do you calculate games that would be in a 20 game plan??? I know weekend partials have the designated day plus either 2-3 midweeks, and I know a 41 is every other day but how do you calculate a 20 game plan?
    Easy, you assign the 81 games in order of the 41, 20#1, and 20#2 plans with the 41 getting every second game starting with OD, and the 20's getting every 4th game. So it goes like this:

41 20#1 41 20#2 41 20#1 41 20#2 ... 41

41+20+20 = all 81 games for every such designated seat

Those Aug/Sept games could be sold @ higher profit assuming Arod is approaching 3K by then
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Shouldn't make a difference. There's always baseball on Easter Sunday when it falls in April. I've been to a few games on Easter Sunday at YS. If there's definitely going to be a game that Sunday Night, most likely it will be include them.

Here's the other choices they have if they don't take that game. SF-LAD looks like the only other compelling matchup they'd find tempting. I'd be willing to bet it's NYY-BOS to kick off the season.

The way Boston has played this year they will not be as big an attraction to start next season. Unless the Yankees win the WS I would think Giants/Dodgers will be the game on March 31.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    Those Aug/Sept games could be sold @ higher profit assuming Arod is approaching 3K by then

or even 660 HR which is coming closer

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Easy, you assign the 81 games in order of the 41, 20#1, and 20#2 plans with the 41 getting every second game starting with OD, and the 20's getting every 4th game. So it goes like this:

41 20#1 41 20#2 41 20#1 41 20#2 ... 41

41+20+20 = all 81 games for every such designated seat

ah got it thanks

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ball-schedule/

The 4/14 home game vs. Baltimore has been confirmed for Sunday Night Baseball. Same with the 7/21 road game at Boston.

NYYF Legend

June 1st Saturday game against Boston is now listed as a 7:15 start. Sunday June 2nd game still listed as TBD but I bet that changes to 8 PM.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post
    Looks like only one interleague game in the first half as well, ATL-DET
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Does anyone know approx. when the promotion schedule will be out? Any guess as to what date Bat day will be?

Thx

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Does anyone know approx. when the promotion schedule will be out? Any guess as to what date Bat day will be?

Thx
    Isn't bat day normally a Sunday? Anyway, last year the promo schedule came out on 2/29/12, so we are about a month or so away

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post

Thx
    I'm also looking to find out about bat day

Thread Information