+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 144
  1. #26
    Super Moderator PuffNettles9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    40-49'37'' N 073-55'40'' W

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    The Sox will go to Yankee Stadium a second time (May 31-June 2) before the Yankees make their first visit to Boston. The Yanks don't make their first visit until after the All-Star break (July 19-21), with subsequent trips scheduled Aug. 16-18 and Sept. 13-15. The Sox will be in New York a third time from Sept. 5-8.
    http://www.redsoxnationfans.com/blogs/sweders-877.htm
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post

    Looks like a reverse of this years schedule since the Sox did not make their first trip to NY until this Friday.

  3. #28
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    I don't understand why all the Yankees-Red Sox games are on weekends. These games will sell out regardless, put some on a weeknight, where attendance is usually lower, and move a series against the Royals or something to the weekend...

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  4. #29

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    The reason for most Yankee - Red Sox games being on weekend is beacuse Fox and ESPN want them there and they have exclusive Saturday and Sunday packages. When was the last time a regularly scheduled Sunday Yankee Red Sox game was not televised on ESPN?

  5. #30
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
    The reason for most Yankee - Red Sox games being on weekend is beacuse Fox and ESPN want them there and they have exclusive Saturday and Sunday packages. When was the last time a regularly scheduled Sunday Yankee Red Sox game was not televised on ESPN?
    This year.

    When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, teams played 12-13 games against each of the other teams in the league. 1 home weekday series, one home weekend series.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  6. #31

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    This year.

    When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, teams played 12-13 games against each of the other teams in the league. 1 home weekday series, one home weekend series.
    This first Yankee-Red Sox Sunday game in April was scheduled for ESPN but was rained out. The second one on July 8 was on ESPN. Both Saturday games were on FOX.

  7. #32

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Come on Puff, keep the good info coming. This is always one of your areas of expertise. I am really hoping the Yanks go to Petco finally.

  8. #33
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post

    I'm kinda hoping we get LA and Arizona at home, and SD and SF on the road.
    Me, too!
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

  9. #34
    Devoted Member
    GrouchoNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Commack, NY

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Arizona coming to NYY
    http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...k_ari&c_id=ari

    The D-backs are scheduled to travel to New York, Boston, Texas and Tampa.

    Meanwhile, the Rangers, Rays, Orioles and Blue Jays are scheduled to visit Chase Field.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

  10. #35
    SI Metman SI Baseballman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Staten Island

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    my gut says Mets-Yanks will be a Mon-Thur series in 2013. 2 in Queens, 2 in the Bronx. Similar to 1998 if you look back at old schedules when the Yankees and Braves had a home and home with 2 in the Bronx and 2 in Atlanta back to back.

    Subway Series was the last natural rivalry that was solely weekend games. They were playing midweek games in Chicago, Bay Area and LA over the last few years.

  11. #36

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by SI Baseballman View Post
    my gut says Mets-Yanks will be a Mon-Thur series in 2013. 2 in Queens, 2 in the Bronx. Similar to 1998 if you look back at old schedules when the Yankees and Braves had a home and home with 2 in the Bronx and 2 in Atlanta back to back.

    Subway Series was the last natural rivalry that was solely weekend games. They were playing midweek games in Chicago, Bay Area and LA over the last few years.
    It could also be Thurs-Sun if FOX decides it wants that game on Saturday night

  12. #37

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    It could also be Thurs-Sun if FOX decides it wants that game on Saturday night
    Can also be a Friday-Sunday with a double header on Saturday......... One stadium at 1pm and the other for 7pm..........

  13. #38
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoNYY View Post
    Arizona coming to NYY
    http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...k_ari&c_id=ari

    The D-backs are scheduled to travel to New York, Boston, Texas and Tampa.

    Meanwhile, the Rangers, Rays, Orioles and Blue Jays are scheduled to visit Chase Field.
    I figured we would get Arizona at home. Dodgers should be next...then SF and SD on the road.

  14. #39
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philly Burbs

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Can also be a Friday-Sunday with a double header on Saturday......... One stadium at 1pm and the other for 7pm..........
    I'd prefer they play the first 4 1/2 innings at Citi and then play the last 4 1/2 at Yankee Stadium.

  15. #40
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I figured we would get Arizona at home. Dodgers should be next...then SF and SD on the road.
    Figuring how they do things, the Yanks will probably play at the Dodgers next year.
    Life is good!

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    I'd prefer they play the first 4 1/2 innings at Citi and then play the last 4 1/2 at Yankee Stadium.
    But that would make the Mets the home team in Yankee Stadium
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  17. #42

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    But that would make the Mets the home team in Yankee Stadium
    The whole playoff structure is about greed and shor term gain. Perfect scenario would be to eliminate two teams and have four divisons of seven teams. The winner at the end of the reguarl season, playsoffs in a best of 7 series aganst the other division winner. That winner goes to the World Series.

    I know none of this will happen as the extra playoff fames drive up the revenues for the neworks, but as a baseball fan, i love it.

    What we have today is an 'everybody into the pool has a shot!" feel to it.

  18. #43
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  19. #44
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    So unless we play more opponents than this year this means once again no Dodgers at Yankee Stadium (it has already been reported we are hosting Arizona next year).
    Life is good!

  20. #45
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So unless we play more opponents than this year this means once again no Dodgers at Yankee Stadium (it has already been reported we are hosting Arizona next year).


    yea very lame we played at LA in 2010
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  21. #46

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    I'm quite sure the Yankees will play everyone in the NL West.

    How I understand it is that they will play the Mets 4 times, 2 at each park.

    They'll play a team from the west 4 times, twice at each park.

    The other 4 teams will be a 3-game series.

    I could be wrong but that's how everything I've said made it seem like the schedule will go.

    I know the Red Sox play Colorado twice in Denver and twice in Boston and the same thing for the Phillies.

    So that means that the Yankees will play one of the other 4 NL West teams 4 times.

  22. #47

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Weak Selig, weak.

    First you bully Houston into the AL.
    Then you deprive the subway series and all natural rival series to four weeknight games.
    And now for NO logical reason you have Arizona at NYY for a third time while a natural rival in the Dodgets have yet to visit, are the only team in baseball to never
    have visited the Yankees.

    Jerk.

  23. #48

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    while a natural rival in the Dodgets have yet to visit, are the only team in baseball to never have visited the Yankees.
    Don't worry. With the interleague rotational by division schedule, the Dodgets will come to NY sooner or later.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  24. #49

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    If all info is accurate, we would visit Col and Sd?

  25. #50
    Devoted Member
    GrouchoNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Commack, NY

    Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

    It may be that the Yankees and Dodgers will be the other "home and home" series. Arizona and SF for three and Mets for two leaves only the other four game slot. San Diego and Colorado will probably be away only. Just a guess but Colorado was just here a year ago.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts