+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

It's being reported today that the Yankees will open at home vs Boston (according to ESPN and RAB). The interleague foes will be primarily the NL West. Please add tidbits as you find them.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Tentative 2013 schedule pieces

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoNYY View Post
    It's being reported today that the Yankees will open at home vs Boston (according to ESPN and RAB). The interleague foes will be primarily the NL West. Please add tidbits as you find them.
    Will we finally get the Dodgers at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Will we finally get the Dodgers at home?
    That is crazy that the Dodgers have not played at YS since the 1981 WS. One of the issues I had with interleague play is that some teams never play, even old rivals like the Dodgers-Yankees and Giants-Yankees, while other teams are always pushed. 6 games with the Braves this year? Why?

Across town, the Chicago White Sox have never played at Shea or Citi, not even one game. But MLB shoves teams like the Orioles and Tigers .

NYYF Legend

Yankees havent played the Giants at home either
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    I forget the year, but they played a 3-game weekend series at OYS. In the Saturday game I attended, Bonds hit a HR into the upper deck that landed near the aisle that seperated the Tier Reserve from the Tier Box. His only HR at Yankee Stadium. In the top of the 9th, Rivera struck him out.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    Yes they did, 2002 I believe. I was there on the first base line and Barry Bonds hit a ball 3/4 up the upper deck in right.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I forget the year, but they played a 3-game weekend series at OYS. In the Saturday game I attended, Bonds hit a HR into the upper deck that landed near the aisle that seperated the Tier Reserve from the Tier Box. His only HR at Yankee Stadium. In the top of the 9th, Rivera struck him out.
    2002. I was at that game. It was in the midst of a nice streak I had where if I went to see the Yankees play, they lost the game I went to, and won the other games in the series. Annoying if you're making a 3 hour drive, haha.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00206080.shtml

We're definetly due to get the Dodgers at home. We've played at Dodger Stadium in 2004 and 2010...but as pointed out they have never played in NY since interleague started. We're also due to play in San Diego. Havent played there since 2002...so we have yet to play at Petco. Padres have played in NY in 2004 and 2008. Giants played in NY in 2002, we played in SF in 2007. We've been in Arizona in 2004 and 2010, they played in NY in 2002 and 07.

I'm kinda hoping we get LA and Arizona at home, and SD and SF on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    We're definetly due to get the Dodgers at home. We've played at Dodger Stadium in 2004 and 2010...but as pointed out they have never played in NY since interleague started. We're also due to play in San Diego. Havent played there since 2002...so we have yet to play at Petco. Padres have played in NY in 2004 and 2008. Giants played in NY in 2002, we played in SF in 2007. We've been in Arizona in 2004 and 2010, they played in NY in 2002 and 07.

Hopefully that is what happens and we don't skip one team so they can mix in one team from another division like they've done the past few seasons.
    Life is good!

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Yes they did, 2002 I believe. I was there on the first base line and Barry Bonds hit a ball 3/4 up the upper deck in right.
    Yes, I was there that day too. That was the hardest ball I've ever seen hit. The split second the ball it the bat hit was immediately in the upper deck. It was off Ted Lilly.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I have zero faith in MLB to do the right thing here and put the Dodger series at Yankee Stadium.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Yes, I was there that day too. That was the hardest ball I've ever seen hit. The split second the ball it the bat it was immediately in the upper deck. It was off Ted Lilly.
    Indeed it was, and then Mo Vaughn of the mets hit one off Lilly even further. Lilly was a good pitcher in his time here but when he gave them up they were not cheapies

Any ideas which two teams will be playing inter league the last weekend of the year?

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Oh hells yes....I have a few opportunities to go to San Francisco next year, at my discretion, and I will definitely schedule a trip there if the Yankees are in town.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

What happened to the balance schedule where we play every national league team once a year?

san diego and san fran with a day off in between to drive up the coast.
    excellent roadtrip

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    What happened to the balance schedule where we play every national league team once a year?
    Likely - Bud Selig saw how successful the Yankees were against the NL and put the quick kabash on that.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Any ideas which two teams will be playing inter league the last weekend of the year?
    And I wonder which two inter-league teams will open the season playing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    Play every National League Team ONCE? Every day would be a travel day.

Now, if you are referring to a 3-game series against every NL team next season, that would be 45 games played out of league. If they play every team in the AL for two 3-game series, that brings the total number of games to 129, leaving only 33 games for intra-division play. That is either 8 or 9 games against the teams in your division.

Never gonna happen.

Remember, next year the Astros move to the AL West, and each league's divisions will be balanced. And they can truly do a home and away every 6 years with all the NL teams. There will be no excuse for a team NOT to play in every park at least once every six years.

Cheers!
    -Doug

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    P
    Now, if you are referring to a 3-game series against every NL team next season, that would be 45 games played out of league. If they play every team in the AL for two 3-game series, that brings the total number of games to 129, leaving only 33 games for intra-division play. That is either 8 or 9 games against the teams in your division.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Your math is off.

3 games vs 15 NL teams is 45 (correct)
    6 games vs 10 AL teams is 60 (you had 84, counting the 4 intra-division teams in this step)

That is 105 games, leaving 57 games intra-division, which is 14 games against 3 teams, and 15 against the other. Not a bad schedule, actually.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Your math is off.

3 games vs 15 NL teams is 45 (correct)
    6 games vs 10 AL teams is 60 (you had 84, counting the 4 intra-division teams in this step)

That is 105 games, leaving 57 games intra-division, which is 14 games against 3 teams, and 15 against the other. Not a bad schedule, actually.
    Which makes far more sense than the current schedule. Play 10 vs. Detroit, 7 vs. KC, 9 vs. Angels, 7 vs. Texas, etc.
    Life is good!

NYYF Triple Crown

I didn't want to do a massive copy-paste here, but if you go to the wiki page for interleague play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleague_play and scroll down to the section "Effects of Astros joining the AL on Scheduling" the explanation there as well as the footnote articles cited give a lot of info on how this might tentatively work.

Looks like the schedule will be very middle-loaded with interleague according to this:
    "While interleague play will be required every day, it is undesirable to have it early or late in the season. To remedy this, there will only be one interleague series in the first and last five weeks of the season, and no team will have to play more than one road series (to minimize playing by the other leagues rules) during this time."

Wonder if we also might end up seeing some previously unseen road trips, such as CHW-CHC-DET and back home, or maybe STL-KC-CIN and back home, or WAS-BAL-PHL and back home. Stuff like that.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Yes, I was there that day too. That was the hardest ball I've ever seen hit. The split second the ball it the bat hit was immediately in the upper deck. It was off Ted Lilly.
    I was at the game the next day where Bonds came up as the tying run with 2 outs in the 9th and he was intentionally walked and the next batter grounded out to end the game. I think Bonds ended up 0 for 0 with 4 walks and a HBP thrown in for good measure (Clemons, hee hee, just looked it up)

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    I didn't want to do a massive copy-paste here, but if you go to the wiki page for interleague play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleague_play and scroll down to the section "Effects of Astros joining the AL on Scheduling" the explanation there as well as the footnote articles cited give a lot of info on how this might tentatively work.

Looks like the schedule will be very middle-loaded with interleague according to this:
    "While interleague play will be required every day, it is undesirable to have it early or late in the season. To remedy this, there will only be one interleague series in the first and last five weeks of the season, and no team will have to play more than one road series (to minimize playing by the other leagues rules) during this time."

Wonder if we also might end up seeing some previously unseen road trips, such as CHW-CHC-DET and back home, or maybe STL-KC-CIN and back home, or WAS-BAL-PHL and back home. Stuff like that.
    This year the reds played back to back series in NY

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    This year the reds played back to back series in NY
    Things like that may become more commonplace with the new format. That's what I was hinting at.
    Last edited by StingrayJG; 07-24-12 at 01:27 AM.

Thread Information