+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    I guess I've been sleeping. I didn't even realize this was happening while the team is on the West Coast.




  2. #2
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    How absurd.
    Complaining is a choice

  3. #3

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    This would be interesting to say the least.

    I am going to Sunday game and will count down for the AC Milan vs. Real Madrid in August.


    Most likely, this would be a good test for outdoor NHL game(s).
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  4. #4

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    The Yankees have been offering full season ticket holders 2 free tickets to Sundays soccer
    game..

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    The Yankees have been offering full season ticket holders 2 free tickets to Sundays soccer
    game..
    Oh good. I'm glad ticket sales haven't been as good as they were hoping.


  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    The Yankees have been offering full season ticket holders 2 free tickets to Sundays soccer
    game..
    I'm a full season ticket holder and the Yankees did not offer me any free tickets. I bet only the people in the expensive seats were offered free tickets.

  7. #7

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I'm a full season ticket holder and the Yankees did not offer me any free tickets. I bet only the people in the expensive seats were offered free tickets.

    Check your email.. I got this Wed night..call your rep... I have the cheapest seats in the house. I havent gotten a confirmation on the tickets yes.. Its pretty last minute..

  8. #8
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Let's see if the new turf peels up as easily as it did during the Army/Rutgers game.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Let's see if the new turf peels up as easily as it did during the Army/Rutgers game.
    I'm a bit concerned about that. At least for college football, it was in the offseason. In this case, the Yankees will be back in the Bronx a week from today.

  10. #10

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I'm a full season ticket holder and the Yankees did not offer me any free tickets. I bet only the people in the expensive seats were offered free tickets.
    .

    I'm in the infield grandstand and they offered up two free seats. Have to pickup at will call. It will be interesting to see what location they gave us.

  11. #11

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    This would be interesting to say the least.

    I am going to Sunday game and will count down for the AC Milan vs. Real Madrid in August.


    Most likely, this would be a good test for outdoor NHL game(s).
    Not until they give up on the Pinstripe Bowl

  12. #12

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by steveatrich View Post
    .

    I'm in the infield grandstand and they offered up two free seats. Have to pickup at will call. It will be interesting to see what location they gave us.

    Did they confirm with an email or phone call..?,,

  13. #13
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    I don't know much about soccer & demand for tickets, but when they sent me the presale info, it seemed like these soccer games were outrageously priced.
    Is that normal for soccer?

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I don't know much about soccer & demand for tickets, but when they sent me the presale info, it seemed like these soccer games were outrageously priced.
    Is that normal for soccer?
    It's the Yankee Stadium surcharge -- the most expensive tickets at Red Bulls game (For non-suite areas) are $70.


  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    It's the Yankee Stadium surcharge -- the most expensive tickets at Red Bulls game (For non-suite areas) are $70.
    That's insane -These were more expensive than the Madonna concert!

  16. #16

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Did they confirm with an email or phone call..?,,
    They confirmed with a phone call Thursday afternoon.

  17. #17

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    The place looks empty on TV. But hey, Lonn is selling those $11 beers, well worth destroying the field before a home stand

    For those not familiar with soccer, this is pre season. The equivalent would be bringing the Patriots and Eagles to Europe for an NFL preseason game, yet the Yankees tried to charge like it was a crucial match

  18. #18

  19. #19

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Sat with seaon ticket holders from all sections in the Delta's.

  20. #20
    Member
    Trentonstew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by steveatrich View Post
    Sat with seaon ticket holders from all sections in the Delta's.
    I just got back from the soccer game too. Section 327 was $70 with fees. Attendance announced at just over 38,000. Seems about right. I can't believe all the soccer team shirts being worn there. Chelsey fans out numbered Paris 8 to 1. Game ended tied at 1. Some major stars did not play but it was still fun to watch. If if you were new to the soccer scene you would have thought Samsung was playing Air Emirates. The sponser name was a lot larger than the team "patch". NBA fans take note, your favorite team may be the Nets but the jersey you buy will say "Netflix". Parking jacked up to $45 for the game. Just a thought...If hardware stores or gas stations raised their price by 29% after a storm would that be illegal if not immoral? That newly laid sod was loosing it's "green" but held up nice over the infield. The field sprinklers all went on at the same time on the hour (twice). It was that concert stage in the outfield for the "Wall" that did the most wear on the outfield grass, not the soccer. I'll be at the August soccer match too. I hear Real Madrid and AC Milan both draw nice crowds too.

  21. #21

    Re: YS Transformation into Soccer Pitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    I just got back from the soccer game too. Section 327 was $70 with fees. Attendance announced at just over 38,000. Seems about right. I can't believe all the soccer team shirts being worn there. Chelsey fans out numbered Paris 8 to 1. Game ended tied at 1. Some major stars did not play but it was still fun to watch. If if you were new to the soccer scene you would have thought Samsung was playing Air Emirates. The sponser name was a lot larger than the team "patch". NBA fans take note, your favorite team may be the Nets but the jersey you buy will say "Netflix". Parking jacked up to $45 for the game. Just a thought...If hardware stores or gas stations raised their price by 29% after a storm would that be illegal if not immoral? That newly laid sod was loosing it's "green" but held up nice over the infield. The field sprinklers all went on at the same time on the hour (twice). It was that concert stage in the outfield for the "Wall" that did the most wear on the outfield grass, not the soccer. I'll be at the August soccer match too. I hear Real Madrid and AC Milan both draw nice crowds too.
    First I admit I was wrong about the crowd, it filled up nicely right after the start of the game and on TV it looked legit.

    For the parking they get away with it by posting "Special Event" Pricing on their fee schedule. They have done it for years going back to the '80s

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts