+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2125
  1. #76

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Dave Maloney went on an Edmonton radio station to discuss the Nash trade and stated that Michael Sauer is making a ton of progress and there is a sense of optimism that he will be back at some point this upcoming season.

    Would be an enormous boost if this is the case. No need to spend money on another defenseman and we really missed him in the playoffs.


    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    This team has a bull's eye on it's back...................team to beat............Go Habs!
    Wouldn't say that...

    Pittsburgh is still up there for as long as Crosby stays healthy, Boston is still a really strong team and I think people are sleeping on Buffalo (though they lack a #1 center.)

    I will say that the Rangers are the most well rounded team of the bunch though, only because Boston is getting a little old on D and while I'm a Rask fan, he is not Lundqvist.

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Dave Maloney went on an Edmonton radio station to discuss the Nash trade and stated that Michael Sauer is making a ton of progress and there is a sense of optimism that he will be back at some point this upcoming season.

    Would be an enormous boost if this is the case. No need to spend money on another defenseman and we really missed him in the playoffs.




    Wouldn't say that...

    Pittsburgh is still up there for as long as Crosby stays healthy, Boston is still a really strong team and I think people are sleeping on Buffalo (though they lack a #1 center.)

    I will say that the Rangers are the most well rounded team of the bunch though, only because Boston is getting a little old on D and while I'm a Rask fan, he is not Lundqvist.
    Right, Pittsburgh is the most explosive offensively but their defense was really exposed against the Flyers. Their success depends on out-scoring the opponent. The Rangers were the opposite, their defense was lockdown solid but the offense was exposed in the playoffs. With Nash, a full season of Kreider, and a healthy Gaborik back, the offense with Hagelin and Richards is going to be as good or better than 90% of teams in the league so they are definitely the best well rounded. If they get sick of blocking shots, or the league adapts somehow, the defense could suffer. Either way it should be a really good season (whenever it gets started)

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Right, Pittsburgh is the most explosive offensively but their defense was really exposed against the Flyers. Their success depends on out-scoring the opponent. The Rangers were the opposite, their defense was lockdown solid but the offense was exposed in the playoffs. With Nash, a full season of Kreider, and a healthy Gaborik back, the offense with Hagelin and Richards is going to be as good or better than 90% of teams in the league so they are definitely the best well rounded. If they get sick of blocking shots, or the league adapts somehow, the defense could suffer. Either way it should be a really good season (whenever it gets started)
    They're still going to block shots, but if their offense is able to score more, they may not have to be as relentless with it as they were last year.


  4. #79

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Stralman resigned today for 2 years/1.7 per.

    I was hoping he'd come back at under 1.5 but his playoff run undoubtedly earned him a little extra money.

  5. #80
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    If he plays all year like he did in the playoffs it will be worth it.

    Any word on Feds?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Stralman resigned today for 2 years/1.7 per.

    I was hoping he'd come back at under 1.5 but his playoff run undoubtedly earned him a little extra money.

  6. #81

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    If he plays all year like he did in the playoffs it will be worth it.

    Any word on Feds?
    Feds signed with Philly.

  7. #82
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    westie

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Dave Maloney went on an Edmonton radio station to discuss the Nash trade and stated that Michael Sauer is making a ton of progress and there is a sense of optimism that he will be back at some point this upcoming season.

    Would be an enormous boost if this is the case. No need to spend money on another defenseman and we really missed him in the playoffs.




    Wouldn't say that...

    Pittsburgh is still up there for as long as Crosby stays healthy, Boston is still a really strong team and I think people are sleeping on Buffalo (though they lack a #1 center.)

    I will say that the Rangers are the most well rounded team of the bunch though, only because Boston is getting a little old on D and while I'm a Rask fan, he is not Lundqvist.
    Do you think Hamilton can step right in and make an impact for the B's? (Sorry, know this is a rangers thread)
    Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
    Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.

  8. #83

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by JWHIII View Post
    Do you think Hamilton can step right in and make an impact for the B's? (Sorry, know this is a rangers thread)
    I think he can step in and play well with sheltered minutes but any prolonged stay in the top four and you're probably asking for trouble. Not a knock against the kid at all, but its incredibly tough for a 19 year old to step into the NHL and not take some lumps along the way.

    If you go back in recent history and look at defensemen who played in this league at 19 -

    Doughty was a beast, Tyler Myers was great, Del Zotto was a force at one end, a train wreck in the other, Luke Schenn sucked, Zach Bogosian struggled, Lucas Sbisa couldn't stick in the league, Cam Fowler had a tough season, Erik Karlsson had limited mintues/games, John Carlson played well in limited appearances, Adam Larsson couldn't stay on the ice, Justin Faulk was surprisingly solid and Erik Gudbransson had an up and down year. Out of the 12 players I can remember playing in the league at 19, only two of them really excelled, three if you want to throw Faulk into the mix.

    I'd look at what Gudbransson did for Florida and expect a similar performance from Hamilton outside of the point totals. I think Hamilton has more offensive ability and he'll be playing for a better team.

  9. #84
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    NY Rangers spotlight on NHL.com's 30 teams in 30 days.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639278

  10. #85
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    There will be a lockout. That will help Gaborik and the rest of the younger players that had a deep playoff run.
    That's the only positive of a lockout though.

  11. #86
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    There will be a lockout. That will help Gaborik and the rest of the younger players that had a deep playoff run.
    That's the only positive of a lockout though.
    Plus if there's a shortened season, that's that many less grueling games in the Torts play style to tire out the team.

    Still, I really really wanted to go to the game that's the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

  12. #87
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Ordered this for my wife.



    And this for me.


  13. #88

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    ^ Their Captain Cally shirt is the best on they've got out.


    Camps would normally be starting up in about a months time but with the impending lock out that will not be happening. There is no way we lose the entire season. I think we'll be locked out for 6 weeks and everything will get started Thanksgiving weekend with a Pitt-Philly or Pitt-Washington match up if Uncle Gary gets his way. Still, it sucks that we'll have to wait a bit before getting some hockey.

    On the plus side, aside from giving Gaborik/Sauer time to heal and Miller/whomever time to develop their game in the AHL before stepping in from the start of the season, an overlooked factor with a lock out is not having to start the season with a ridiculous road trip due to the MSG renovations. I prefer getting the west coast games out of the way ASAP, as its more taxing later in the season but with a shortened season we won't have to worry about that as most, if not all regular season games will be played against EC teams.

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    The King's New Paint Job


  15. #90
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Saw on twitter that Hank is shooting a "This is Sportscenter" commercial this week with John Buccigros (sp).

    Will probably be the most we see of him until Thanksgiving

  16. #91
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013


  17. #92
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...nt-nhl-lockout

    According to Katie Strang of ESPN, New York Rangers left winger Rick Nash, and San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton have both signed with HC Davos of the Swiss National League. Both Nash and Thornton played for HC Davos during the 2004-2005 lockout, and it was rumored that the two were planning to do the same this year. As per The Fourth Period, both players are expected to depart for their new team this coming week.

  18. #93
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    I wouldnt be surprised if Hank goes back to Sweden to play. Not that I blame him or any of these guys...they want to play and they need to stay in shape.

  19. #94
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Hank goes back to Sweden to play. Not that I blame him or any of these guys...they want to play and they need to stay in shape.
    Exactly. There was some backlash on Nash for going overseas when a lot of the team is staying local and training together. Training is all well and good but you need game experience to "hit the ground running" as he put it.

    While I think a 20-25 game lockout is a net gain for the Rangers, I'm really pissed that the league is willing to piss away a year of many of it's stars prime out of spite like this.

    Hank is at the pinnacle of his career and we can't afford to waste his age 30 season like this.

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Hank is at the pinnacle of his career and we can't afford to waste his age 30 season like this.
    Maybe, but like you said if it's only 25 games then he's going to be at his sharpest in the lesser schedule and playoffs

  21. #96
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Maybe, but like you said if it's only 25 games then he's going to be at his sharpest in the lesser schedule and playoffs
    Well everything I'm seeing and reading is making me less confident that it will only be 25 games. Both sides seem really dug in right now.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...8db_story.html
    “If the League [NHL] continues to insist on their [demands], then it will take a full year,” Ovechkin told Pavel Lysenkov of Sovetsky Sport as translated by Yahoo’s Dmitry Chesnokov. “That’s because we are not going to cave in. Then I will spend the entire season in the KHL. It’s an absolute reality.”

  22. #97
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Well everything I'm seeing and reading is making me less confident that it will only be 25 games. Both sides seem really dug in right now.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...8db_story.html
    Of course Dmitry is going to say that, because his KHL team can pay him 65% of his NHL salary and he also collects an 8% NHLPA reserve stipend. But the KHL is only allowing 3 locked out players per team, and the Swedish and other Euro leagues can't absorb all the players and pay anywhere near the NHL going rates. So while Dmitry can hold out indefinitely, you can't say the same about Callahan and Richards and most of the players. They will want to get a deal done, and so will the profitable owners. I think it's going to get resolved after Thanksgiving

  23. #98
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Williston Park NY

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Of course Dmitry is going to say that, because his KHL team can pay him 65% of his NHL salary and he also collects an 8% NHLPA reserve stipend. But the KHL is only allowing 3 locked out players per team, and the Swedish and other Euro leagues can't absorb all the players and pay anywhere near the NHL going rates. So while Dmitry can hold out indefinitely, you can't say the same about Callahan and Richards and most of the players. They will want to get a deal done, and so will the profitable owners. I think it's going to get resolved after Thanksgiving
    I hope you are right.....but I feel longer than that!
    Yankees**Rangers**Jets

  24. #99
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  25. #100
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    He's not the worst, but he's made some really bad moves for the game. The biggest mistake was too much expansion that diluted the product and created money bleeding franchises. There's also that stupid stuff like allowing the Fox TV glow-in-the-dark puck but on balance he's been pretty good for growing the game. This lockout though is really on him and should have been avoided at all costs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts