+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Us too! Us too! Lumberjacks and Swlegends want to trade like the in crowd

Jacks deliver Curtis Granderson and Domonic Brown in exchange for Tony Cingrani and Nick Castellanos.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Re: Us too! Us too! Lumberjacks and Swlegends want to trade like the in crowd

I objected to this. Brown and Castellanos are kind of a wash as far as prospects go. Cingrani was on waivers over the weekend, so it's like him for Granderson? I don't see it...

NYYF HOF

this is close. not sure which way to vote. would like to see at least "some" points being sent back for this season in exchange for Granderson. Castellanos is a very good, very close to being major league ready player tho.

NYYF Legend

Brown isn't a prospect any more, and I'd have to use a major-league keep slot on him, I believe. So Castellanos is probably significantly more valuable. (Brown's already used one of his keeper picks, too.)

I must have some kind of aura. This is the second time this year that someone's offered me a trade that apparently is to my advantage.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Triple Crown

Approved; of course I almost always approve.

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    this is close. not sure which way to vote. would like to see at least "some" points being sent back for this season in exchange for Granderson. Castellanos is a very good, very close to being major league ready player tho.
    I agree with this.

Looks like the trade has reached max objections. I understand the reasoning behind this trade and it is pretty cut and dry but you guys couldn't have at least pretended to send a player off to make up some points so it's not 0? I mean Ben you have to drop someone now..... that would have worked. Would it be awful to ask you fellas to rework it so it makes everyone happy? Or else I will go ahead and do the analysis tonight. I have to research those two prospects and consider who Granderson is going to be taking over, etc.

Let me know.

NYYF Legend

Who??

Not for me to decide.

NYYF HOF

Castellanos is a top 25 prospect now.

NYYF Legend

Sigh. OK, so by the time I would have gotten Granderson, I would get 7 weeks of him. That, plus 2 years of Brown (as he's already used a major-league keep) isn't close to fair value for potentially 3 years of Castellanos and 3 years of Cingrani?

We did discuss a couple of other deals, but I'll re-emphasize that this was the one I was offered by the Lumberjacks. I'll let you know if we can figure something else out.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Cogriani is a reliever on a team that has Chapman. You wonder why I waived him last weekend?

Ben, I will be in touch. Let's try to punch this through somehow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    Cogriani is a reliever on a team that has Chapman. You wonder why I waived him last weekend?
    Cingrani's starting in the minors, has thrown 27.2 scoreless innings over his last 4 starts, striking out 29 over that time while allowing 11 hits and 10 walks. He's not a product of his home ballpark, as he's better away than at home, If he's a reliever, he's making a darn good case for someone to change their mind . . .

See http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=571561. I know CBS lists him as an RP, but frankly, I wouldn't give that the time of day.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Ben, please don't feel pressured to rework your trade. If you have an issue with that please let me know I was just asking since 0 points were moving. If you want me to look into it in depth I will.

Hello guys? You paying attention? It's still up there I haven't done anything with it. Do you wanna back out or rework it?

We're PMing. Is there a deadline?

Well no not for a trade if you're reworking. I'm just asking if you're backing out of this one or not. I don't wanna waste time on it if you are reworking. I just don't like the idea of 0 points going in one direction. It would be hard to justify. But I haven't done anything with it, should I just go ahead and deny it?

Kinda going back and forth, if you can give us another day, that'd be great, if not, kill it.

Steve, kill it. We'll work on a different version.

Side note, I'm still obviously looking to move Granderson, Haren, and Cahill for top minor leaguers. Anyone feel free to make me an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride View Post
    Steve, kill it. We'll work on a different version.
    you got it.

Thread Information