+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 128
  1. #101
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Here's the thing... isn't NY supposed to be known as a tough town? Fans are hardcore, right? We have a chant for everything. People throw out their section numbers in the bleachers like they're gang signs. The fans chant things like "why are you gay". Before the Yankee gestapo decided to take over the old stadium and new, the fans were ruthless. They were intimidating. Complete asses. Judgmental. They harassed everyone about everything at every chance they got.

    Yeah we have passionate fans who do stupid things. And we also have a successful franchise that along with their fans love to throw out the success and history and big names and words like "class" (give me a break) every chance they can. The new stadium is not a stadium, it's a Yankee museum with a game going on. Every Yankee commercial is dedicated to tradition, pride, class, success, a zillion championships, blah blah blah.

    Well guess what.... the fans eat it up like sheep and do their own advertising relentlessly to anyone who dares root for or play for another team. You think any fanbase is going to have sympathy for a Yankee player? Or worry about looking stupid? If anything, because of our success, tradition, pride, so-called "class", and fanbase we're going to get it even harder. There will be no mercy. Why does this shock you? You all can try to think I am excusing behavior or whatever, but I have no right to excuse or not excuse it. I am no better then a fan of another team. They can act how they choose and I will act how I choose. It's highly judgmental to think otherwise and you're all proving the worst attribute to a Yankee fan: the nose in the air, spoiled, and able to switch into temper tantrum mode anytime something happens that isn't favorable.

    Cano was laughing, so should we. End of story.
    I disagree. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I can't say another person is fat. Just because the NY fanbase can be classless doesn't mean that we can't say that another fanbase did something classless.

    I thought it was a low class action by the fanbase. And when NY fans do something that I think is low class, I say that too. It doesn't mean that I am having a tantrum and I think it's pretty

    You keep saying "End of story" and then you keep going on and on and on. You are the one who is keeping this going by telling people how they should be acting. I had moved on from this the day after it happened but I just jumped back in because I got tired of being called names for daring to express a thought that another fanbase could have done something I didn't like.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  2. #102
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I disagree. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I can't say another person is fat. Just because the NY fanbase can be classless doesn't mean that we can't say that another fanbase did something classless.

    I thought it was a low class action by the fanbase. And when NY fans do something that I think is low class, I say that too. It doesn't mean that I am having a tantrum and I think it's pretty

    You keep saying "End of story" and then you keep going on and on and on. You are the one who is keeping this going by telling people how they should be acting. I had moved on from this the day after it happened but I just jumped back in because I got tired of being called names for daring to express a thought that another fanbase could have done something I didn't like.
    People keep commenting on, what I assume, is my comments. Since I have been the loudest voice about it. So I respond. I'm not telling you how to act at all. I'm just telling you what you're telling KC fans.

    Which I suppose makes me a hypocrite now. damn. Look what I've done.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  3. #103
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    People keep commenting on, what I assume, is my comments. Since I have been the loudest voice about it. So I respond. I'm not telling you how to act at all. I'm just telling you what you're telling KC fans.

    Which I suppose makes me a hypocrite now. damn. Look what I've done.
    Robby Cano > Hitman23
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  4. #104
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Which I suppose makes me a hypocrite now. damn. Look what I've done.
    It took many more paragraphs for you to get to this point than I thought, but at least you got there.

  5. #105
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Well thanks for answering, but that's kind of what you wanted to happen, not what you thought would happen. Sorry but I don't believe that you expected what you wrote. I think that reaction would have been pretty sad considering the KC fans were pretty upset. And if the roles were reversed I would fully expect any fanbase to react the same, including ours. So all these mentions of "class" I have 3 words: get over yourselves. (not you specifically, I know you're not worked up about it)

    I have never defended the fact that Butler should have been there. Not once. I never said Cano did anything wrong. Not once. But they wanted their guy and they didn't get him so they did what they did. Cano is a Yankee, he gets bood. This just amplified that. Gave them another reason. I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset about it. In the end, who really gives a crap?

    If you want to actually talk about how dumb they are, how about the fact that the loudest cheers went to the guy Cano picked: Trumbomb. I find it very amusing.

    As for your question, all I hear is "waaaaaaahhhhh". I think everyone should get over it and quit crying. You're all making these accusations and having opinions about how the Royals fans look, well take a look at yourselves. I think everyone who isn't a yankee fan sees this:



    I know I'm not making any friends by saying these things, but someone has to. Because frankly it's embarrassing. People sound like whiney little babies. Robbie Cano is one of the top hitters in baseball and plays for the NY Yankees. He's over it, he was probably never under it. I think we should do the same.
    Steve - I pretty much wrote this post off after you insinuated that I lied about what I expected. Not sure what in my posting history with you or others would make you feel that way, nor what my motive would be.

    Honestly, if I were to evaluate the extremity of fans upset with the treatment he and his family received versus your insistance that anyone who doesn't fit your line of thinking as a "tough New Yorker" is a hypocrit cry baby you'd tip the scales on this one.

  6. #106
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    It took many more paragraphs for you to get to this point than I thought, but at least you got there.
    yeah but i still feel things were taken way to seriously and admit I'm being a hypocrite. Maybe you can admit it really was not as big a deal as it was made.

  7. #107
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Steve - I pretty much wrote this post off after you insinuated that I lied about what I expected. Not sure what in my posting history with you or others would make you feel that way, nor what my motive would be.

    Honestly, if I were to evaluate the extremity of fans upset with the treatment he and his family received versus your insistance that anyone who doesn't fit your line of thinking as a "tough New Yorker" is a hypocrit cry baby you'd tip the scales on this one.
    I'm not saying I'm a tough nyer. Not at all.

    Obviously I'm getting nowhere though and people are getting annoyed so I'll stop now. Nothing was meant personally. Just thought this was really silly. My opinion got too strong for something so silly.

  8. #108
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'm not saying I'm a tough nyer. Not at all.

    Obviously I'm getting nowhere though and people are getting annoyed so I'll stop now. Nothing was meant personally. Just thought this was really silly. My opinion got too strong for something so silly.
    I think this is one of the main points you're missing - you think it's silly...you keep calling people silly for being upset by it...and then you wonder why some people might find that condescending and irritating. I wouldn't put you on ignore, because I you. but on this subject, we couldn't be more far apart and I don't like being told my feelings are stupid or silly on any subject.

  9. #109

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    People in baseball shocked at the "harsh " treatment of Cano should sit next to the Yankees bullpen at Fenway or near their on deck circle. But of course that would not go reported, lest someone dare knock "Americas Most Beloved Ballpark"

  10. #110
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    I think this is one of the main points you're missing - you think it's silly...you keep calling people silly for being upset by it...and then you wonder why some people might find that condescending and irritating. I wouldn't put you on ignore, because I you. but on this subject, we couldn't be more far apart and I don't like being told my feelings are stupid or silly on any subject.
    I didn't think you would ignore me. Besides I think you know me well enough to know that I wasn't taking personal shots. Just voicing an opinion. I think the thing that you aren't noticing though is that people responded to me and made comments to me which is why I responded again. I was trying to have a conversation and the same points were being said to me so I kept asking the same questions. I may have brought it too far but the reaction to this incident went way too far as well. And I think one person in this thread that agrees with your side has come close to admitting that the reaction was a bit overboard. And that's kind of all I was hoping for. Whether you agree with me or not, the initial reaction was a bit silly.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  11. #111
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    People in baseball shocked at the "harsh " treatment of Cano should sit next to the Yankees bullpen at Fenway or near their on deck circle. But of course that would not go reported, lest someone dare knock "Americas Most Beloved Ballpark"
    Eh, it's the same at Yankee Stadium. The difference is that this was the HR Derby and not a game in a heated rivalry.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  12. #112

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Eh, it's the same at Yankee Stadium. The difference is that this was the HR Derby and not a game in a heated rivalry.
    Very true.

  13. #113
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    That's an oversimplification and you know it. Again I get your premise that this issue is overblown, and for non-Yankee fans I'm sure it feels that way. I think the reaction from Yankee fans is understandable, if not a smidge excessive. But why are you trying to invalidate it? You think it's funny that they boo'd him? Fine. But the situations are not the same regardless of what angle you try to get others to view it from.
    Good post.

  14. #114
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I find it amusing how people seem to be debating whether KC fans were justified in booing or not versus Papelbon getting booed. I can't speak for anyone else but that is NOT what I was upset about AT ALL. I have no problem whatsoever with the booing of Robbie. If they wanted to boo, call him names, whatever, that's fine. I chuckled when they booed each time his name was announced. Not a big deal.

    Personally, what I didn't like and what made me turn off the HR derby was the way that they treated him while he was taking his ABs. It's an exhibition event for goodness sakes. To boo continuously the whole time and cheer like the Royals just won the World Series every time Robbie made an out was ridiculous and uncalled for IMO. Let him have his hacks. Him not getting any HRs doesn't benefit them in any way and, in fact, just means that less money is going to charity (at least on the last ball). I didn't like that. And I don't think it makes me a whiner or a baby to say any of this so screw anyone who thinks that.

    IIRC, Prince Fielder got booed in Arizona for the same reason as Robbie but I don't remember the fans carrying when he was taking his hacks. If I'm wrong then shame on me because I honestly feel like I would be upset with KC fans for the way they acted no matter who was batting.
    Yay Nicole!

  15. #115
    NYYF Legend

    wexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The BK

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Just for fun when Robbie comes up tomorrow night, everyone in the Stadium should chant
    "Billy Butler."
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

  16. #116

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    Just for fun when Robbie comes up tomorrow night, everyone in the Stadium should chant
    "Billy Butler."

    That would be cynical - funny yet cynical.



    I dont have a problem with booing.

    But the cheering and rooting for someone to fail, now that is another story.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  17. #117
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I didn't think you would ignore me. Besides I think you know me well enough to know that I wasn't taking personal shots. Just voicing an opinion. I think the thing that you aren't noticing though is that people responded to me and made comments to me which is why I responded again. I was trying to have a conversation and the same points were being said to me so I kept asking the same questions. I may have brought it too far but the reaction to this incident went way too far as well. And I think one person in this thread that agrees with your side has come close to admitting that the reaction was a bit overboard. And that's kind of all I was hoping for. Whether you agree with me or not, the initial reaction was a bit silly.
    if you were my forum hubby, i think i would have filed for divorce today...don't put down and invalidate other people's feelings. grr.

  18. #118
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Hitman, are you aware of the fact that these turdburglars actually cheered after Cano popped out in the first?

  19. #119

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    I can admit it, I was laughing when they booed Cano. The fact that it got in his head made it funnier to me, although it did stink that his dad had to be out here to hear it... But if you bring your dad out onto the field like that, you gotta be okay with exposing him to whatever happens on the field, good or bad. Both men handled the situation well, like gentlemen, and I don't think anyone expected any less from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I guess I didn't expect that from you. Cheering/laughing at Cano (and writing it here) just doesn't sit right on a Yankees message board. Why not write it on some Sox board - I'm assuming you belong to a Sox board if you belong to a Yankees one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    This is the only baseball board I belong to. And if you follow any of my posts over the years, you'd know that I take very little in life seriously. I make just as much fun of the red sox, the Angels, and even myself, as I do the Yankees. Even Cano was smiling and laughing about it today. I really think some of the fans are taking this much more seriously than even Cano did. It's a game. It's fun, even if you're getting booed. And I think I will just leave it at that.
    Oh really? I've seen you get all fired and worked up, sensitive and defensive to jabs thrown at the Sox (even in the Sports Bar), more than a few times, so this comes across as disingenuous. Your desperate jab at a Yankee player to tweak their fans - on a Yankee board no less - was not as subtle as you think or as innocent as you pretend it was, once confronted. Sack up and admit your intention.


  20. #120
    Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Oh really? I've seen you get all fired and worked up, sensitive and defensive to jabs thrown at the Sox (even in the Sports Bar), more than a few times, so this comes across as disingenuous. Your desperate jab at a Yankee player to tweak their fans - on a Yankee board no less - was not as subtle as you think or as innocent as you pretend it was, once confronted. Sack up and admit your intention.
    The only places I've ever gotten fired up here was in the PS, and in the " hate RS" thread several years ago. And even then, I wasn't really defending the sox, but moreso defending myself. Here's my reality, while I cheer for the sox, I don't play for them, own them, know them, hang out with them, and im not related to any of them, etc. And they don't give two craps about me either. It really is just entertainment to me. I may debate things in baseball, but that's part if the entertainment of sports. I still play baseball and hockey in adult leagues, and I don't even get very fired up when people talk crap in those games, why would I get fired up defending people I don't even know? I talk just as much crap about the sox as a lot of you do. You don't know me, you've never had a beer with me and talked sports with me, you don't know what my intentions are. Since you're going to call me out as a liar, find posts where I am "fired up" about defending the sox. It'll be amusing to see what you come up with.

  21. #121
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Hitman, are you aware of the fact that these turdburglars actually cheered after Cano popped out in the first?
    yes.

    Look, I don't care how they look, I care how Yankee fans look because I am one of them. That is why I say all these things. Ugh. I said I was going to stop arguing!
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  22. #122
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    Just for fun when Robbie comes up tomorrow night, everyone in the Stadium should chant
    "Billy Butler."
    This is brilliant.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  23. #123
    Addicted Member
    AnAbombfromA-rod13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Missed his first AB, how was the fan reaction?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

  24. #124
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    I hope KC fans enjoyed their moment in the sun. Now they are back to being irrelevant again, just like they have for the past 27 years...and will continue to be irrelevant for another 25.

  25. #125

    Re: Stand up for Robbie Cano!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    the "creatures" have been notified - I hope they have something extra in their normal routine.
    http://www.bleachercreatures.tv/?p=2544

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts