+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Devoted Member

Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

We really should keep a running list of all these little things that really add up to having little to no respect for their ticket holders
    Since yankeefanatic carries Trost's and Levine's water around here he'd have a rebuttal to all of them. Does he get OT pay from the Yankees for monitoring the board?
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

NYYF Triple Crown

We really should keep a running list of all these little things that really add up to having little to no respect for their ticket holders
    Feel free to add my many reasons to the list.....

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...08#post7404008
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Mind you, they're not going to be shipping tickets any earlier. Yankeesfanatic was asking how the Yankees treat people like trash, one example is their dick move in shipping tickets out less than 2 weeks before the season starts, whereas as most teams ship them out within 2 months.

I have a problem with this also --- especially when I have sales I need to complete and stubhub calling me everyday to tell me they will cancel my sale if I did not confirm the orders.

There is a short cut for this ...
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    Since yankeefanatic carries Trost's and Levine's water around here he'd have a rebuttal to all of them. Does he get OT pay from the Yankees for monitoring the board?

hahahahaha

If I did, I wouldnt have to pay for the season ticket packages I got? If yes, sure ... I will be the waterboy!

Talking about double dipping - getting paid for carrying the water AND getting paid for selling the "freebies" on Stubhub.

Who need a job then!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I have a problem with this also --- especially when I have sales I need to complete and stubhub calling me everyday to tell me they will cancel my sale if I did not confirm the orders.

There is a short cut for this ...
    Why are they making it so difficult for their STH's who do want to go to the games, but do have to sell a select number of tickets?

at least we're not getting letters like this, and yes, this is real

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As we cross the midpoint of our 2012 season, we thank you for your loyal support thus far. We met many of you at our new spring home, JetBlue Park at Fenway South, and renewed more acquaintances as we opened the 100th Anniversary season at Fenway Park. We sensed that the nostalgia touched you, and we hope to continue to celebrate this special anniversary from time to time throughout the year.

Our play on the field has at times tested the mettle of the faithful. It could be maddening one day, enthralling the next day. Along the way, we have seen our bullpen gel, young players emerge, and veterans lead. We have watched the team coalesce into a close group. Personalities are enhancing the chemistry, such as the cheerful Cody Ross, the friendly Mike Aviles, and the inspiring story of Daniel Nava. Jarrod Saltalamacchia has shown power, in the clutch, worthy of an All-Star. And as the talented Will Middlebrooks forced his way into the lineup, we bade farewell, with gratitude, to Kevin Youkilis, who helped us win two World Championships.

The one constant on the field has been our beloved Big Papi, David Ortiz. How thrilled we were that our gregarious leader reached the 400-home run plateau in a career that we hope will forever be with the Red Sox.

The one constant off the field is that we have had a veritable All-Star Team on the disabled list. As we begin the second half, we look forward to the return of the “varsity,” including Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, Andrew Bailey, and the ever-dirty Dustin Pedroia.

While this infusion of such talent in late July may make other General Managers green with envy, you can be sure that Ben Cherington and his Baseball Operations Staff will approach the July 31 trading deadline with their tireless work ethic. If someone can further help this club, and if the deal makes sense, we will be aggressive. We want to play October Baseball this year.

Meanwhile, as you come to Fenway Park throughout this season, we hope you will come early—the secret to fully enjoying a sports venue. Now “A Living Museum,” Fenway Park probably leads the league in bronze plaques and commemorative displays along the concourses. Enjoy them at your leisure early, well before the escalation of excitement as game time approaches. And as always, if you have reactions, suggestions, or ideas that will make the ballpark experience even better, we invite you to send them to fanfeedback@redsox.com.

By the way, if we’re in your neighborhood for a visit during “Acts of Kindness Month” this month, please come over and say hello. We enjoy listening to you, and we enjoy talking baseball with you. We’re your biggest fans. So, on behalf of John Henry, Tom Werner, our partners, and our entire organization, we thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you at Fenway Park.

Keep the Faith,

Larry Lucchino

http://link.redsox.com/m/1/95601068/...a-21e8b5e140f2

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    at least we're not getting letters like this, and yes, this is real

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As we cross the midpoint of our 2012 season, we thank you for your loyal support thus far. We met many of you at our new spring home, JetBlue Park at Fenway South, and renewed more acquaintances as we opened the 100th Anniversary season at Fenway Park. We sensed that the nostalgia touched you, and we hope to continue to celebrate this special anniversary from time to time throughout the year.

Our play on the field has at times tested the mettle of the faithful. It could be maddening one day, enthralling the next day. Along the way, we have seen our bullpen gel, young players emerge, and veterans lead. We have watched the team coalesce into a close group. Personalities are enhancing the chemistry, such as the cheerful Cody Ross, the friendly Mike Aviles, and the inspiring story of Daniel Nava. Jarrod Saltalamacchia has shown power, in the clutch, worthy of an All-Star. And as the talented Will Middlebrooks forced his way into the lineup, we bade farewell, with gratitude, to Kevin Youkilis, who helped us win two World Championships.

The one constant on the field has been our beloved Big Papi, David Ortiz. How thrilled we were that our gregarious leader reached the 400-home run plateau in a career that we hope will forever be with the Red Sox.

The one constant off the field is that we have had a veritable All-Star Team on the disabled list. As we begin the second half, we look forward to the return of the “varsity,” including Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, Andrew Bailey, and the ever-dirty Dustin Pedroia.

While this infusion of such talent in late July may make other General Managers green with envy, you can be sure that Ben Cherington and his Baseball Operations Staff will approach the July 31 trading deadline with their tireless work ethic. If someone can further help this club, and if the deal makes sense, we will be aggressive. We want to play October Baseball this year.

Meanwhile, as you come to Fenway Park throughout this season, we hope you will come early—the secret to fully enjoying a sports venue. Now “A Living Museum,” Fenway Park probably leads the league in bronze plaques and commemorative displays along the concourses. Enjoy them at your leisure early, well before the escalation of excitement as game time approaches. And as always, if you have reactions, suggestions, or ideas that will make the ballpark experience even better, we invite you to send them to fanfeedback@redsox.com.

By the way, if we’re in your neighborhood for a visit during “Acts of Kindness Month” this month, please come over and say hello. We enjoy listening to you, and we enjoy talking baseball with you. We’re your biggest fans. So, on behalf of John Henry, Tom Werner, our partners, and our entire organization, we thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you at Fenway Park.

Keep the Faith,

Larry Lucchino

http://link.redsox.com/m/1/95601068/...a-21e8b5e140f2

Misery loves company.

I know a couple sellers who also got this letter. But there is ONE big difference, they still get face value if not more, for their season tickets.

If the Yankees send out this kind of letter, the franchise is in trouble!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Misery loves company.

I know a couple sellers who also got this letter. But there is ONE big difference, they still get face value if not more, for their season tickets.

If the Yankees send out this kind of letter, the franchise is in trouble!
    This belief on behalf of season ticket holders that they should be able to recover the price of the tickets that they do not want on the secondary market bewilders me.

When you buy a season ticket plan, you are essentially committing to attending 81 games a season. You also get the value of being first in line for post-season tickets, but you are not selling that value when you re-sell the single game tickets that you want. Thus, the product that you are retaining (the tickets you want to use) are actually worth more than face value, since you (the season ticket holder) retain that un-priced benefit.

Do you, as a season ticket holder, expect those of us who purchase tickets on the secondary market, to fund your post-season rights and provide you a profit margin as well?

I just checked Stubhub for next Saturday's game against the Red Sox - you can't buy a ticket on yankees.com. The game is sold out.

The price of a ticket in Section 324 on yankees.com for tomorrow's game against the Angels is $80 - the cheapest ticket in the same section for the Red Sox game on Stubhub is $130 (and ranges up to $200). That price differential represents a minimum 62.5% markup.

From their comments, season ticket holders seem to want face value for their low demand game unwanted tickets and market demand prices for those games (such as the Red Sox) that everyone wants.

That sounds an awful lot like having your cake and eating it too.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    This belief on behalf of season ticket holders that they should be able to recover the price of the tickets that they do not want on the secondary market bewilders me.

When you buy a season ticket plan, you are essentially committing to attending 81 games a season. You also get the value of being first in line for post-season tickets, but you are not selling that value when you re-sell the single game tickets that you want. Thus, the product that you are retaining (the tickets you want to use) are actually worth more than face value, since you (the season ticket holder) retain that un-priced benefit.

Do you, as a season ticket holder, expect those of us who purchase tickets on the secondary market, to fund your post-season rights and provide you a profit margin as well?

I just checked Stubhub for next Saturday's game against the Red Sox - you can't buy a ticket on yankees.com. The game is sold out.

The price of a ticket in Section 324 on yankees.com for tomorrow's game against the Angels is $80 - the cheapest ticket in the same section for the Red Sox game on Stubhub is $130 (and ranges up to $200). That price differential represents a minimum 62.5% markup.

From their comments, season ticket holders seem to want face value for their low demand game unwanted tickets and market demand prices for those games (such as the Red Sox) that everyone wants.

That sounds an awful lot like having your cake and eating it too.
    You may have a point for STH's, but partial planholders are not guaranteed playoff games.

And, it's not so much that we want face value for low-demand games, but rather the fact that those games are simply well overpriced by the Yankees, and they continue to try to make it harder and harder for us to sell the tickets we can't use.

Look, if I can only get $10 for a game in my plan, I'm not upset at the buyer, I'm upset at the Yankees for charging me double what the market says the value is of my ticket.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    You may have a point for STH's, but partial planholders are not guaranteed playoff games.

And, it's not so much that we want face value for low-demand games, but rather the fact that those games are simply well overpriced by the Yankees, and they continue to try to make it harder and harder for us to sell the tickets we can't use.

Look, if I can only get $10 for a game in my plan, I'm not upset at the buyer, I'm upset at the Yankees for charging me double what the market says the value is of my ticket.
    Yet (and please correct me if I am wrong), you are NOT paying market value for the high demand games.

To the best of my knowledge, the Yankees have not adopted tiered pricing for games (i.e. - Mets & Red Sox games are priced at a premium, while the Royals and Orioles are priced lower). In essence, the Yankees have said that the value of a seat in the Stadium is $XX ($80 for section 234), regardless of who the opponent is.

As a FS STH, I agree that we bear the risks of having to manage 81 games. We get the benefit of lower prices vs single games, better seat locations and postseason rights. To me, that's fair. What I don't like (if true) is Yankees dumping their extras on SH. If other STHs sell on SH, that's all fair supply and demand and te market will eventually adjusts itself. But when you have a big corporate inventory dump, the whole market's tilted.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    As a FS STH, I agree that we bear the risks of having to manage 81 games. We get the benefit of lower prices vs single games, better seat locations and postseason rights. To me, that's fair. What I don't like (if true) is Yankees dumping their extras on SH. If other STHs sell on SH, that's all fair supply and demand and te market will eventually adjusts itself. But when you have a big corporate inventory dump, the whole market's tilted.
    Is there any legitimate evidence of this assertion or are we simply in conspiracy mode here?

(This question is asked with a serious tone - if the Yankees are dumping tickets on Stubhub, then everything changes)

Is there any legitimate evidence of this assertion or are we simply in conspiracy mode here?

(This question is asked with a serious tone - if the Yankees are dumping tickets on Stubhub, then everything changes)
    I know of no evidence. Just remember some folks saying they know Yankees are doing it.

NYYF Legend

I know of no evidence. Just remember some folks saying they know Yankees are doing it.
    Thank you for answering honestly.

Those individuals who "know the Yankees are doing it" should present their evidence. If there is legitimate evidence that the Yankees are, in fact, dumping their tickets on Stubhub, I believe that MLB would be interested in such evidence.

My suspicion - and I have absolutely no proof in this matter, whatsoever - is that there is no truth to that accusation.

I feel like a broken record here but I'll say it again as I've said on other threads. Buy a plan you can manage. A plan where you'll go to a good chunk of the games and be able to sell off the ones you can't to friends and family for face value without having to rely on Stubhub or any other entity. Maybe even gift some. Just go old school baby!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Shore Yankee View Post
    I feel like a broken record here but I'll say it again as I've said on other threads. Buy a plan you can manage. A plan where you'll go to a good chunk of the games and be able to sell off the ones you can't to friends and family for face value without having to rely on Stubhub or any other entity. Maybe even gift some. Just go old school baby!
    I have a Friday plan. It's a 16-game plan, and I expected, before the season started, I'd be able to make it to at least 10 of them. My work situation changed, and I've only been to 4 games this season (one of them outside my plan). It's easier said than done to say we should buy a plan where we'll go to all the games. That's always the goal, but it never quite works out that way.

NYYF Legend

If there was a standing ovation option, I would have opted for that.

I posed this question back in March and did not receive a reply. There appears to be no evidence to support this claim.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...16#post7463416

I have a Friday plan. It's a 16-game plan, and I expected, before the season started, I'd be able to make it to at least 10 of them. My work situation changed, and I've only been to 4 games this season (one of them outside my plan). It's easier said than done to say we should buy a plan where we'll go to all the games. That's always the goal, but it never quite works out that way.
    There's no way you could ever expect to go through a season as planned. I've been a partial plan holder since '98 having a Saturday until I switched to the 20 a couple of seasons back. I've eaten my share of games before but its always been minimal due to proper planning before the season starts. I also keep a vigilant eye on our social calendar at home. If something comes up that is important and it interferes with a game I plan to go to, I get on the phone, email, and/or Facebook right away to see who wants my tickets. But, alas, unexpected things do come up. For me its all a part of being a season ticket holder. I ate one game this year because of a work related situation. However, whatever situation you're in whether it be family or work commitments, you have to weigh that into your decision making in regards to the size of plan that you'll think you can best manage with minimal losses. It sounds like to me with your work situation changing that something major and unexpected happened that you couldn't predict once you committed to the Friday plan.

If there was a standing ovation option, I would have opted for that.
    Thanks, I'm taking a bow as I type!!!!!

Preach on!

These newbies know nothing about planning.

NYYF Legend

There's no way you could ever expect to go through a season as planned. I've been a partial plan holder since '98 having a Saturday until I switched to the 20 a couple of seasons back. I've eaten my share of games before but its always been minimal due to proper planning before the season starts. I also keep a vigilant eye on our social calendar at home. If something comes up that is important and it interferes with a game I plan to go to, I get on the phone, email, and/or Facebook right away to see who wants my tickets. But, alas, unexpected things do come up. For me its all a part of being a season ticket holder. I ate one game this year because of a work related situation. However, whatever situation you're in whether it be family or work commitments, you have to weigh that into your decision making in regards to the size of plan that you'll think you can best manage with minimal losses. It sounds like to me with your work situation changing that something major and unexpected happened that you couldn't predict once you committed to the Friday plan.
    My point isn't that I have a tough situation, here. My point is that the Yankees make it very difficult for the customers that give them the most money. They have made having a season ticket package impossible to justify, especially financially.

Even if I was going to all 16 games, I'm still paying a premium for my seat. My ticket is basically more expensive than what can be bought on the secondary market, and that's what the problem is. Along with other issues, the Yankees have absolutely taken what used to be a good purchase, and flipped it around. It is no longer a good financial purchase, because I can find tickets to all but the best games for rock-bottom prices. So, why would I pay so much more for season tickets?

My point isn't that I have a tough situation, here. My point is that the Yankees make it very difficult for the customers that give them the most money. They have made having a season ticket package impossible to justify, especially financially.

Even if I was going to all 16 games, I'm still paying a premium for my seat. My ticket is basically more expensive than what can be bought on the secondary market, and that's what the problem is. Along with other issues, the Yankees have absolutely taken what used to be a good purchase, and flipped it around. It is no longer a good financial purchase, because I can find tickets to all but the best games for rock-bottom prices. So, why would I pay so much more for season tickets?
    I respect your opinion. If you feel that strongly that the cons outweigh the pros then it would behoove you to not renew next season. Its that simple. For me, I'll renew because I'm comfortable with the price of my tickets, I enjoy going to the games and I have plenty of friends & family that will take games that I cannot attend at face value. Unless it is a totally last minute situation, like the one game I ate, I don't have a problem managing my plan.

To me it is simple, if you are a partial plan holder without playoff rights, cancel. if you think the Yankees are charging you more then the seats are worth, cancel. You are the consumer, if you like your seat/package, don't cancel.

If enough people cancel , playoff rights may be restored, prices will drop, tack on games removed

We are starting to see cosmetic perks (running bases, etc) if more people do not renew there will be more benefits when they try to recoup business

Forum Regular

Thank you for answering honestly.

Those individuals who "know the Yankees are doing it" should present their evidence. If there is legitimate evidence that the Yankees are, in fact, dumping their tickets on Stubhub, I believe that MLB would be interested in such evidence.

My suspicion - and I have absolutely no proof in this matter, whatsoever - is that there is no truth to that accusation.
    StubHub aside, there is no question that the NYY's are dumping tickets via ScoreBig. ScoreBig's business model depends on receiving inventory directly from teams, venues, etc., and every ScoreBig ticket is sold below face value. I personally do not like SB's blind sale model (I also don't use Hotwire or Priceline), but it clearly gives teams the opportunity to deep-discount without openly eroding brand value.

That said, I think all these new "perks" are good steps in the right direction, and I think they will make a modest difference in the STH renewal rate. I have not made a final decision yet, but I am more likely to renew than I was before these new features were announced. I also believe that sooner or later the NYY's will realize they have been in denial about pricing and make a serious attempt to correct the situation.

Thread Information