+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 85
  1. #26
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Mets have something where season ticket holders have a Q&A with the GM, VP, and other front office execs with the Mets, An autograph/meet and greet/Q&A session with players, and On Field batting practice. All of those things wouldn't cost the Yankees too much and would be great to have... unlike the crap they are including

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    While the letter states that next years ticket prices will remain the same there is nothing about what the Post Season tickets will cost this season. They already can charge us for one more game than last season. The one game WC playoff game.

  3. #28

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeenut View Post
    What a bunch of crybabies.

    If you hate the yankees so much why are you fans.

    If you want a bargain then go see the mets, or one of the Minor League teams.

    The yankess are trying.

    I really wonder how many real fans are here and not just brokers / resellers.

    Stub hub ruined resale not the yankees.

    1. The hatred on here is nothing more resellers not making as much money as they did back in 2008 or 2009.

    2. The Yankees are a BARGAIN to me and it is the only team I am going to spend my hard earned money. I could care less for the rest of the MLB's teams.

    3. I have to agree with the Yankees are trying. I cant recalled any of the new activities happening - ever. Counting down the days with the kids running the bases and photoday on field level during batting practice.

    4. Not too many real fans - most are not happy with the price because they CANT resell at face value for April to June games. Yet, you wont see any complaint from July through October games.

    5. Stubhub both ruined and benefit Yankees tickets - see #4


    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  4. #29

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    July to October last year went below face value too.

  5. #30

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    While the letter states that next years ticket prices will remain the same there is nothing about what the Post Season tickets will cost this season. They already can charge us for one more game than last season. The one game WC playoff game.
    Yankees do not set the prices for post season MLB does... Well at least we only get charged for 3 World Series games..

  6. #31
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Yankees do not set the prices for post season MLB does... Well at least we only get charged for 3 World Series games..
    Could never get a definitive answer on that. MLB does set non-suite/club prices for the World Series on a venue by venue basis (they will set prices higher in New York than Milwaukee), but it's unclear to me if they set prices in any of the other rounds

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    1. The hatred on here is nothing more resellers not making as much money as they did back in 2008 or 2009.

    2. The Yankees are a BARGAIN to me and it is the only team I am going to spend my hard earned money. I could care less for the rest of the MLB's teams.

    3. I have to agree with the Yankees are trying. I cant recalled any of the new activities happening - ever. Counting down the days with the kids running the bases and photoday on field level during batting practice.

    4. Not too many real fans - most are not happy with the price because they CANT resell at face value for April to June games. Yet, you wont see any complaint from July through October games.

    5. Stubhub both ruined and benefit Yankees tickets - see #4


    Sorry, but I'm not angry with the Yankees because I can't sell my unusable tickets.

    Also, where in the sports team fanguide does it say I have to support everything my franchise does, no matter what? I think being a fan means we should be critical, both of their on-field and off-field issues.


  8. #33

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not angry with the Yankees because I can't sell my unusable tickets.

    Also, where in the sports team fanguide does it say I have to support everything my franchise does, no matter what? I think being a fan means we should be critical, both of their on-field and off-field issues.

    I could care less what they do OFF the field. I only SUPPORT and care for what they do ON the field. If they win, yay I am happy. If they lose, oh well, there is always a next game. And if they lose game 7 of the World series, next year it is!


    Too many taking to the extreme about caring for what jock strap they are wearing - this is beyond being a fan. As for criticizing about what they do, unless you have "investment" in the business, your voices will fall on deaf ears if anything. I would doubt very much if ANY OF THEM care about what you say. Why waste your breath?
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  9. #34

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    July to October last year went below face value too.

    I did well for playoff - cant complaint about that.


    And if I can recalled, WS 2009 actually PAID for 2010 season for a lot of sellers I know.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I could care less what they do OFF the field.
    how much less

  11. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bergen County

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeenut View Post
    What a bunch of crybabies.

    If you hate the yankees so much why are you fans.

    If you want a bargain then go see the mets, or one of the Minor League teams.

    The yankess are trying.

    I really wonder how many real fans are here and not just brokers / resellers.

    Stub hub ruined resale not the yankees.
    You don't get it. I am going to attend about 6 games either way. If I renew my Sunday plan perhaps it will be as many as 7-8, if not, 4-5. I am still going to be a fan. The question is whether it pays to tie up a bunch of money and time in advance, and commit most of my Sundays, and spend hours trying to unload excess tickets on anyone I know, or just buy single game tickets for the dates I really want to go (either direct or secondary market).

    So yes, I expect to be compensated for the time and risk. Not necessarily a lot, but getting $60 Sunday tickets for $55 while being forced to buy $30 weekday tickets (using the discount Yankee price, not secondary market) for the same $55 is not enough.

  12. #37
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bergen County

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Could never get a definitive answer on that. MLB does set non-suite/club prices for the World Series on a venue by venue basis (they will set prices higher in New York than Milwaukee), but it's unclear to me if they set prices in any of the other rounds
    Last year the division round pricing was the same as (or very suimilar to) ticket plan pricing, so it seems unlikely that it was set by MLB.

  13. #38

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    I do not think anyone expects the Yankees to care about the resell market. It is not their issue if you cannot resell the seats you bought just like you don't pay the Yankees if you profit on a World Series or hot regular season game.

    What ticks a lot of people off is that the Yankees charge their best customers full price for tickets on $5 discount night, etc.

    The Yankees could and should make one simple change. The plan holder should be guaranteed that they will get a credit (cash or Bomber Bucks if they want) for any dollar amount they pay over the cheapest publicly offered price for their section/location for a game.

  14. #39

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    how much less




    As soon as the game is over - won or lost, life goes back to normal ---> until the next HOME game.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I could care less what they do OFF the field. I only SUPPORT and care for what they do ON the field. If they win, yay I am happy. If they lose, oh well, there is always a next game. And if they lose game 7 of the World series, next year it is!


    Too many taking to the extreme about caring for what jock strap they are wearing - this is beyond being a fan. As for criticizing about what they do, unless you have "investment" in the business, your voices will fall on deaf ears if anything. I would doubt very much if ANY OF THEM care about what you say. Why waste your breath?
    I would argue what they do off the field is just as important as what they do on the field. The team's business dealings has a chance to impact the players they can sign, the amount of money they can spend in the on-field product.


  16. #41
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I do not think anyone expects the Yankees to care about the resell market. It is not their issue if you cannot resell the seats you bought just like you don't pay the Yankees if you profit on a World Series or hot regular season game.

    What ticks a lot of people off is that the Yankees charge their best customers full price for tickets on $5 discount night, etc.

    The Yankees could and should make one simple change. The plan holder should be guaranteed that they will get a credit (cash or Bomber Bucks if they want) for any dollar amount they pay over the cheapest publicly offered price for their section/location for a game.
    I think that the Yankees care a lot about the resell market - not because they feel bad for us that we are not making a profit but that because we are losing money we won't buy season tickets next year. That's why there were a bunch of questions in the survey about StubHub and the importance to us to be able to sell our tickets for at least breakeven.

  17. #42

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I would argue what they do off the field is just as important as what they do on the field. The team's business dealings has a chance to impact the players they can sign, the amount of money they can spend in the on-field product.

    ... as in Pineda's out for the year status, who cares.

    ... how about AJ Burnett's Cy Young possibility? Congrats on his part and back to who cares.

    ... how about Gardner's injury daily update? I would rather watch paint dried. The same thing can be said about the Free Agent deadline. I could care less.


    I am a FAN of the Yankees ON the field and that's it. And I dont mind paying to watch them play LIVE and in living color. Everyone I know and their grandma got 46" to 65" flat screen TV - and most of them go to ONE game a year and that's it.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  18. #43
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    ... as in Pineda's out for the year status, who cares.

    ... how about AJ Burnett's Cy Young possibility? Congrats on his part and back to who cares.

    ... how about Gardner's injury daily update? I would rather watch paint dried. The same thing can be said about the Free Agent deadline. I could care less.


    I am a FAN of the Yankees ON the field and that's it. And I dont mind paying to watch them play LIVE and in living color. Everyone I know and their grandma got 46" to 65" flat screen TV - and most of them go to ONE game a year and that's it.
    I don't understand your point. Those are all issues surrounding the team, issues that fans follow. And I'm a fan of the Yankees, and I love going to Yankee Stadium to watch them play.

    None of that changes the fact that fans are treated like trash at Yankee Stadium. Why is it out of bounds to point that out?


  19. #44

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    They definitely care about the secondary market. A season ticket holder survey was sent out recently. The vast majority of it was multiple choice and there were many references to StubHub in the answers they allow you to select from (i.e. "StubHub makes is harder to sell my tickets at a good price"; "I can get tickets cheaper on StubHub"). Its all phrased as if StubHub is the problem even though all they're doing is setting the market value.

    Also, it goes into perks they may offer in the coming year and when it talks about "day of game seat upgrades", it does make it sound like it would be free, but the amount of upgrades you get would be determinant on your seniority.

  20. #45

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I don't understand your point. Those are all issues surrounding the team, issues that fans follow. And I'm a fan of the Yankees, and I love going to Yankee Stadium to watch them play.

    None of that changes the fact that fans are treated like trash at Yankee Stadium. Why is it out of bounds to point that out?

    Please explain...


    1. "at the STADIUM" - you PAY to be at a game and NO one made you do it. Unless you got drunken idiots throwing trash at you during the game ---> FREE upgrade opportunity if I ever saw one.


    1b. This the first time EVER, I heard a fan say that the team treating him like trash. Did the team actually did something? And shyt, if the team would have "trashed" me, I would have "season tickets for life" on that situation.


    2. The YANKEES is a business and that's it. Their job is to put the best product ON the field. As from what it looked like so far, I think they are doing a pretty good job at it. If they were not, they would be like a minor league right now.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Yankees do not set the prices for post season MLB does... Well at least we only get charged for 3 World Series games..

    MLB sets parameters on what clubs can charge for playoff tickets. What the Yankees charged last season was fair and much lower than what the Phillies charged for the same locations. The question is will that happen again this season.

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Please explain...


    1. "at the STADIUM" - you PAY to be at a game and NO one made you do it. Unless you got drunken idiots throwing trash at you during the game ---> FREE upgrade opportunity if I ever saw one.


    1b. This the first time EVER, I heard a fan say that the team treating him like trash. Did the team actually did something? And shyt, if the team would have "trashed" me, I would have "season tickets for life" on that situation.


    2. The YANKEES is a business and that's it. Their job is to put the best product ON the field. As from what it looked like so far, I think they are doing a pretty good job at it. If they were not, they would be like a minor league right now.
    How about being forced to pay for next season's tickets starting in September when in all past seasons you did not have to start paying untill the new year.
    That's what upsets me and that has nothing to do with wheather fans decide to resell their tickets.

  23. #48

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    How about being forced to pay for next season's tickets starting in September when in all past seasons you did not have to start paying untill the new year.
    That's what upsets me and that has nothing to do with wheather fans decide to resell their tickets.

    Since the time I have season ticket - I have NEVER ever pay when they wanted. I paid the FULL AMOUNT a day BEFORE the deadline and that's that.

    Those payment options work to the Yankees advantage and you dont have to be part of it. Your tickets are still yours until the deadline payment date passed.


    I have a feeling that the Yankees is playing "scare tactic" or the "chicken" game, and it is wait and see to see who blink first.


    It is just bad for normal folks because there are just too many "reseller/broker" who would love nothing more than picking up "cheapies" unpaid season tickets.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  24. #49
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Since the time I have season ticket - I have NEVER ever pay when they wanted. I paid the FULL AMOUNT a day BEFORE the deadline and that's that.

    Those payment options work to the Yankees advantage and you dont have to be part of it. Your tickets are still yours until the deadline payment date passed.


    I have a feeling that the Yankees is playing "scare tactic" or the "chicken" game, and it is wait and see to see who blink first.


    It is just bad for normal folks because there are just too many "reseller/broker" who would love nothing more than picking up "cheapies" unpaid season tickets.
    The deadline for making one payment has always been in January. You would have to think if the payment plans start in Sept. that the deadline will be sometime in October. That's three months earlier than in the past. Plus I'm sure the deadline for the post season tickets will be in early Sept. like in past seasons. So we are talking $3,000+ if you have just one seat in the Grandstand to be paid by October where in the past you had 4 months between the deadlines.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    The deadline for making one payment has always been in January. You would have to think if the payment plans start in Sept. that the deadline will be sometime in October. That's three months earlier than in the past. Plus I'm sure the deadline for the post season tickets will be in early Sept. like in past seasons. So we are talking $3,000+ if you have just one seat in the Grandstand to be paid by October where in the past you had 4 months between the deadlines.
    Mind you, they're not going to be shipping tickets any earlier. Yankeesfanatic was asking how the Yankees treat people like trash, one example is their dick move in shipping tickets out less than 2 weeks before the season starts, whereas as most teams ship them out within 2 months.

    We really should keep a running list of all these little things that really add up to having little to no respect for their ticket holders

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts