+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

Did anyone else get a letter from the Yankees today regarding 2013 renewals? It starts off by saying that next years prices will be the same as this years and that "In response to feedback from Full Season Ticket Licensees, we are also introducing more flexible payment options...".

Those "flexible" options are
    one time full payment (no due date given)
    five payments of 20% each (1st payment due September 7)
    eight payments of 12.5% each (1st payment due September 7)

So in essence, if you want to take advantage of one of the payment plans, you have to let them know your intent to renew by September 7th!

The other "benefit" to the payment plans is that if you take advantage of one of them you are allowed to pay for 2012 playoff tickets in 3 installments.

In all honestly, I find this highly insulting. Clearly this is just a thinly veiled attempt to get people to renew early as well as to gauge renewals, which we all know are going to be way way down. Before this, I had every intent on renewing (I have a good location), but I am not locking up payments on my credit cards for April 2013 in September 2012. I know the Knicks and Rangers have similar renewal options, but this is unheard of for baseball. I can't see them doing anything to get me to renew right now.

Oh, but they certainly try. In addition to all this great renewal news, they also enclosed a "preview literature" for the "Yankees Legacy Club", which is for Full Season Tickets Holders. As of right now, it doesn't seem like there's an additional fee for the club, but the features don't sound all that great

• Team Store Discount
    • Photo Day
    • Kids Run the Bases
    • Game Day Seat Upgrades
    • Private Behind the Scenes Yankee Stadium Tours
    • Acknowledgement on the Season Ticket Licensee Wall (Woo-hoo!!)
    • Access to the Audi Yankees Club and the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar
    • More benefits to be announced
    Funny thing though is that it also states that some of these perks will be based on seniority, so not all Full Season Ticket Holders even get all these "perks"!

All in all, its very frustrating and, like I said, insulting.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Full Season Renewal Letter/Legacy Club

I have a Friday plan in the grandstand, and I will not be renewing next year. It's partially due to scheduling issues I have (I've had to sell more than half of my tickets this season due to work), and partially due to the team's lack of regard for its' season ticket holders. I just find the franchise to get more and more distasteful as time goes on.

NYYF Cy Young

Let's see...

• Team Store Discount - Yankees Universe members get the same perk for way less money
    • Photo Day
    • Kids Run the Bases - most MLB teams have this all the time for every fan, so should the Yankees
    • Game Day Seat Upgrades - Every ticket holder can do this, unless they mean free upgrades...
    • Access to the Audi Yankees Club and the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar - Woohoo, more places to spend money

Addicted Member

When I look at the benefits they are offering for full season ticket holders I can't find one of them that actually would make me say "wow." I just can't understand why they don't just reduce the price of tickets so they don't have to jump through all these hoops.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    When I look at the benefits they are offering for full season ticket holders I can't find one of them that actually would make me say "wow." I just can't understand why they don't just reduce the price of tickets so they don't have to jump through all these hoops.
    Because that would be embarrassing. And if there's one thing the Yankees refuse to do, it's get embarrassed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Let's see...

• Team Store Discount - Yankees Universe members get the same perk for way less money
    • Photo Day
    • Kids Run the Bases - most MLB teams have this all the time for every fan, so should the Yankees
    • Game Day Seat Upgrades - Every ticket holder can do this, unless they mean free upgrades...
    • Access to the Audi Yankees Club and the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar - Woohoo, more places to spend money
    "Acknowledgement on the Season Ticket Licensee Wall"

I missed that one. Folks, it's a privilege to be a season ticket holder. You should bow down at the Lonn Trost's stinky, sweaty feet, kiss them, then clean his feet for allowing you, the little itty-bitty fan, into his incredible Yankee Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    "

I missed that one. Folks, it's a privilege to be a season ticket holder. You should bow down at the Lonn Trost's stinky, sweaty feet, kiss them, then clean his feet for allowing you, the little itty-bitty fan, into his incredible Yankee Stadium.
    Well, if it was Jeter's stinky, sweaty feet, you'd probably have people lined up Jerome Ave all the way to the Cross Bronx...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pmon914 View Post
    Did anyone else get a letter from the Yankees today regarding 2013 renewals? It starts off by saying that next years prices will be the same as this years and that "In response to feedback from Full Season Ticket Licensees, we are also introducing more flexible payment options...".

Those "flexible" options are
    one time full payment (no due date given)
    five payments of 20% each (1st payment due September 7)
    eight payments of 12.5% each (1st payment due September 7)

So in essence, if you want to take advantage of one of the payment plans, you have to let them know your intent to renew by September 7th!

The other "benefit" to the payment plans is that if you take advantage of one of them you are allowed to pay for 2012 playoff tickets in 3 installments.

In all honestly, I find this highly insulting. Clearly this is just a thinly veiled attempt to get people to renew early as well as to gauge renewals, which we all know are going to be way way down. Before this, I had every intent on renewing (I have a good location), but I am not locking up payments on my credit cards for April 2013 in September 2012. I know the Knicks and Rangers have similar renewal options, but this is unheard of for baseball. I can't see them doing anything to get me to renew right now.

Oh, but they certainly try. In addition to all this great renewal news, they also enclosed a "preview literature" for the "Yankees Legacy Club", which is for Full Season Tickets Holders. As of right now, it doesn't seem like there's an additional fee for the club, but the features don't sound all that great

• Team Store Discount
    • Photo Day
    • Kids Run the Bases
    • Game Day Seat Upgrades
    • Access to the Audi Yankees Club and the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar
    Funny thing though is that it also states that some of these perks will be based on seniority, so not all Full Season Ticket Holders even get all these "perks"!

All in all, its very frustrating and, like I said, insulting.
    Someone here wrote that the Yankees don't want to be embarrassed but that's exactly what they did with this letter. Instead of offering a 33% minimum price cut across the board like the situation warrants, they're not going to reduce prices at all but instead throw in a few trinkets and some payment financing.

The seat upgrade is a good perk if it's free, but knowing the Yankees there's no chance that's going to happen. So if you have $50 main seats (selling at $7 on stubhub), you'll have to pay +$200 to sit in $250 Field MVP (selling at $65 on stubhub).

None of those perks listed is remotely close enough to justify the commitment and extra money you have to pay above market value (or bath & wasted effort you take on resales).

You know, despite the total feces the Yankees have thrown at us with zero respect, I would have renewed 4 full season tickets this year if they had not changed the future games exchange policy. That was the deal breaker for me, and now even if they miraculously go back to the old policy (they won't), I'm still not coming back. There's no value proposition there, tickets are priced way way WAY above market value. Yankees have left no meat on the bone for their ticket holders. They just can't stomach the possibility that something sold by them could be offered at a price of less than a double digit markup to what it's actually worth

It's nice they are starting to realize the ball is no longer in their hands and they need to work with the fans to keep what they got left. I am sure like it says there is more to come because a guy spending 30grand on a pair of outfield full season seats should get more than someone in upper deck/bleachers spending 3grand on a pair a year.

It's a start and I hope they gradually make it more special to hold season tickets. The Yankees never wanted to give extra perks because a majority of season ticket holders were just flipping tickets for profit every year and they didn't have to. Now that those have been almost all weeded out, I think/hope they are going to TRY getting the real fans back in the stadium but that is going to require a lower ticket price and not stadium experiences.

Maybe free parking with season tickets

+1 on GG's post - I'm done!

I'm in 100% agreement with everything said in this thread! My initial response to this letter was what an insult. They seriously think we are all a bunch of brainless boobs!! They want people to re-up early because they know they are losing their A$$E$!! And it is only going to continue to get worse. So they say: Great News! We are aren't gonna raise tickets prices (which would be the nail in the coffin, if it isn't in already), and we are going to allow you to pay for your postseason tickets over a 5 week period instead of all at once??? This is a benefit????? I charge the tickets in full on my credit card & have a month to pay back the credit card company so who cares?!?! Then they think they are doing us a favor by offering an 8 installment payment plan for 2013?? But they want you to start paying even earlier?!?!?! So Trost & the Steinbrenner kids get to sit on our money and make more interest lol. Any oh yeah the "Legacy" club, give me a break! Recognition Wall-LOL! The only "Legacy" here is how these idiots were able to make the greatest sports team in history take a straight nosedive! This is not the Yankees of the late 90's, not even close! Not only are these jerks losing season ticket holders, they are really starting to lose their fans! It's just a shame that they don't believe it or could care less.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 23donny23 View Post
    I'm in 100% agreement with everything said in this thread! My initial response to this letter was what an insult. They seriously think we are all a bunch of brainless boobs!! They want people to re-up early because they know they are losing their A$$E$!! And it is only going to continue to get worse. So they say: Great News! We are aren't gonna raise tickets prices (which would be the nail in the coffin, if it isn't in already), and we are going to allow you to pay for your postseason tickets over a 5 week period instead of all at once??? This is a benefit????? I charge the tickets in full on my credit card & have a month to pay back the credit card company so who cares?!?! Then they think they are doing us a favor by offering an 8 installment payment plan for 2013?? But they want you to start paying even earlier?!?!?! So Trost & the Steinbrenner kids get to sit on our money and make more interest lol. Any oh yeah the "Legacy" club, give me a break! Recognition Wall-LOL! The only "Legacy" here is how these idiots were able to make the greatest sports team in history take a straight nosedive! This is not the Yankees of the late 90's, not even close! Not only are these jerks losing season ticket holders, they are really starting to lose their fans! It's just a shame that they don't believe it or could care less.
    For all of his faults, give George Steinbrenner credit for one thing: He knew how to treat the paying customers. This crap never happened in George's hayday; even in the late 90's and early into the 2000's. As soon as Trost, Levine, Hank, and Hal took over, the franchise's customer relations took an incredible nosedive.

This is all Trost and Levine.
    I hate it how carton kisses Trost's butt on FAN also.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    This is all Trost and Levine.
    I hate it how carton kisses Trost's butt on FAN also.
    Absolutely, and it starts from the top. The Steinbrenner kids aren't passionate baseball fans, it's only a business for them. Heck, the son in law was going to run the Yankees until the daughter divorced him. Hank and Hal are second choices

What a bunch of crybabies.

If you hate the yankees so much why are you fans.

If you want a bargain then go see the mets, or one of the Minor League teams.

The yankess are trying.

I really wonder how many real fans are here and not just brokers / resellers.

Stub hub ruined resale not the yankees.

The value just isn't there anymore.

Give us something actually special, like a Q&A with Jeter&Co. during the off season or something along those lines.

Meeting Ray Lewis (friend's season ticket holder for orioles and ravens) and Adam Jones is incredibly awesome. I'd pony up a lot of money to meet with Jeter.

PS: if I recall, Groupon offered a camp/meet&greet of some kind with Jeter for like 2 grand? it was low 4 figures.

StubHub didn't ruin resale; higher face value, higher costs of attending and HDTV did.

PS: I already cancelled last year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeenut View Post

The yankess are trying.

Which Yankees exec is your uncle, and more importantly can he score me some comp Legends??

NYYF Legend

Just got the letter. Are they insane! By the way in the past you could apply the price from unplayed post season games to your next years tickets. I wonder how this will be done if you are already paying for next years tickets even before the post season starts.

And notice they did not give a date if you wanted to just buy the tickets in one payment. That date was always in January. Bet its a lot earlier this year.

NYYF Legend

The yankess are trying.

I have one full season ticket and do not sell on stub hub. How are the Yankees trying by making me start paying for tickets in September when before it was after January 1st?

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I thought MLB rules stated that playoff invoices could only be sent/due after a certain date.

The yankess are trying.
    They are playing their fans for fools. If that counts as trying, then yes, they are trying.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

The yankess are trying.

I think you're reading in the wrong context. No one here hates the Yankees. The only bashing is towards the upper management and ticket office. We all still love the team. Also, if you can afford those prices, power to you, but a fan friendly experience should always be a goal.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

The yankess are trying.

I'd like the team to realize that I'm not just a dollar sign. I'd like the team to realize there's more to being a fan than walking into YS and being in awe of the franchise. I'm a diehard Yankees fan -- I follow the team 12 months a year. I have a Friday plan in the grandstand, but, due to work obligations, have only been able to make it to 3 games so far this year out of the 8 or 9 in my package. If, in your mind, that makes me not a true Yankees fan (tm), then go for it.

The fact of the matter is, the Yankees act as if it's their god-given right to have me as a season -ticket holder. And, it is most definitely not. They act as if it's their money that I'm giving them. It is most definitely not. Start treating your STH's respectfully, and maybe this backlash against them wouldn't be so strong.

I root for the players on the field. But, the suits in business operations make me sick.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I'd like the team to realize that I'm not just a dollar sign. I'd like the team to realize there's more to being a fan than walking into YS and being in awe of the franchise. I'm a diehard Yankees fan -- I follow the team 12 months a year. I have a Friday plan in the grandstand, but, due to work obligations, have only been able to make it to 3 games so far this year out of the 8 or 9 in my package. If, in your mind, that makes me not a true Yankees fan (tm), then go for it.

The fact of the matter is, the Yankees act as if it's their god-given right to have me as a season -ticket holder. And, it is most definitely not. They act as if it's their money that I'm giving them. It is most definitely not. Start treating your STH's respectfully, and maybe this backlash against them wouldn't be so strong.

I root for the players on the field. But, the suits in business operations make me sick.
    I could not agree with you more. It's gotten to the point that the front office has no regard at all for the average fan anymore.

Thread Information