+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok........

NYYF MVP

Mt. Vernon, NY/ proudly born in the Bronx

Ok........

Uh, what have I missed?

You guys have a forum party this summer?

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: Ok........

When were you last here? I think that we had an FP around February of this year, or late last year, about 10 of us.

Long gone are the 100-strong FPs at the Old Yankee Stadium.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    When were you last here? I think that we had an FP around February of this year, or late last year, about 10 of us.
    February 18!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post

Long gone are the 100-strong FPs at the Old Yankee Stadium.
    I was last here a long time ago. It's good to see some of the "old timers" still on the forum. Yeah, I miss those 100-strong Forum Parties. They were great..........

Thanks, Ryan.

Nicky, is that Nicole or Nicolas?

We don't have many FPs. We had ours at some Irish bar near Macy's. It's a small crowd featuring the usuals like Ally, JP, Trishie, Danielle & yours truly.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF MVP

Nicholas.....

But everybody on the forum knew me as Nicky (that is, everybody who still remembers me)....I will try to stay more engaged.

I still have my blue T-shirt from the very first forum party (I think it was around 1999 or 2000?). JP had a blender hooked up to his car battery making frozen drinks, Ally made grilled veggies. There was plenty of beer and food as everything was set up in the parking lot.

It's amazing to think that everything was organized independently from the Yankee organization -- just a bunch of Yankee fans who trusted one another to send money in for tickets, food, and personalized T-shirts. Great times........

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nicky_d View Post
    Nicholas.....

But everybody on the forum knew me as Nicky (that is, everybody who still remembers me)....I will try to stay more engaged.

I still have my blue T-shirt from the very first forum party (I think it was around 1999 or 2000?). JP had a blender hooked up to his car battery making frozen drinks, Ally made grilled veggies. There was plenty of beer and food as everything was set up in the parking lot.

It's amazing to think that everything was organized independently from the Yankee organization -- just a bunch of Yankee fans who trusted one another to send money in for tickets, food, and personalized T-shirts. Great times........
    Hey Nicky!

Long time no talk. I just became a grandma! How've you been?
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Nickey,

stay around a while will you? Maybe some of the old timers will set up a forum game next year if there is interest

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Hey Nicky!

Long time no talk. I just became a grandma! How've you been?
    Trish!!!!

Congrats! That's wonderful news. Now a Grandma, but you're still HOT!!

(Yeah, I haven't changed.......)

MY step-son and his wife had a baby a year ago, so I have also entered the realm of grandfatherhood myself. I'm very happy about it. I get a kick out of all the pictures they send me........

I will try to stay active on the forum. It's nice to keep in touch with you and all the crew from the old yankees.com site.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Nickey,

stay around a while will you? Maybe some of the old timers will set up a forum game next year if there is interest

Andy
    Hey Andy!!!! Count me in! I think the last time I saw you (and everybody else for that matter) was at a forum party 10 years ago! It would be great to have a "reunion."

I promise to stay around on the forum......

Nicky

If Ally & JP want to have an FP, then I'll be there. I've been to all of them since the Aug '03 one, and only Ally has been to all of the others.

Thread Information