+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees Photo Day for Full Season Tickets Holders

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I dont see the warnings for baseballs during batting practice - since I am going to be on the outfield, does it means I can shag fly balls?

This remind me of one of those "paying" experiences for other MLB teams - but the Yankees are smart enough to do it for "free" for Full season ticket holder. And if I can recalled, it is NOT cheap - $500-$900 per person or something like that.

It ends at 11:15 AM. My guess is batting practice will not start untill after everyone leaves the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It ends at 11:15 AM. My guess is batting practice will not start untill after everyone leaves the field.

Yankees WILL have batting practice as usual - they normally doing their things about way before the other team take their cuts at the cage.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

I have two passes.

If you've been reading this thread you'll know there are no names on the passes just bar codes.

I can't go and want to give them away.

If your interested and maybe want trade some Yankee paraphernalia I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by yonik21 View Post
    I have two passes.

If you've been reading this thread you'll know there are no names on the passes just bar codes.

I can't go and want to give them away.

If your interested and maybe want trade some Yankee paraphernalia I would do it.
    I'll take a wild guess and say that they ARE personalized... mainly through the barcode. Your name and guest are encoded and they will require photo ID at time of presentation. So not likely to be able to shuffle them off to others.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    I'll take a wild guess and say that they ARE personalized... mainly through the barcode. Your name and guest are encoded and they will require photo ID at time of presentation. So not likely to be able to shuffle them off to others.

Originally when I signed up I had my son going with me. He is unable to go and I send a note
    to my rep today.. He said, no problem, as long as everyone has a valid game ticket as well
    as the photo pass is all that matters.

Well over 5000 fans.
    People started waiting at 7am.
    Every player.
    Cashman very cool.

Arod friendly
    Jeter aloof
    Swisher is swisher
    Mariano is the best

No cano?
    Last edited by yankeenut; 08-05-12 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeenut View Post
    Jeter aluf
    Perhaps you meant "aloof?"
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Those few up front don't know how lucky they are to touch the grass.

551201_10151004308852781_1837839368_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yankeenut View Post
    Well over 5000 fans.
    People started waiting at 7am.
    Every player.
    Cashman very cool.

Arod friendly
    Jeter aloof
    Swisher is swisher
    Mariano is the best

No cano?

Cano is so small and almost un-recognizable because he sandwiched himself between CC and Nova.

Along with Jeter and Ichiro and Jones --- they were the last group which did not do much fan contact - handshake, fist-pound and so forth.

Swisher was the LAST one to leave --- and the NICEST one at that. He took picture with ALMOST every one!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    Those few up front don't know how lucky they are to touch the grass.

Attachment 21182

Ha!

Just touching the grass?

My group was picking up a lot of grass for keepsake - and one of the guards was funny enough... "you know you cant roll them up, right? So, stop picking up the grass"

That was cool to say the least.

Posted on behalf of form member ellsworth. Photo is of her foot on the NYS grass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	21183
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Posted on behalf of form member ellsworth. Photo is of her foot on the NYS grass.

Attachment 21183
    A single tear drop just rolled down the side of my cheek

NYYF Legend

I need to thank Maria ("Tino's Girl") for bringing me today.
    Jeter was aloof.
    Cashman introduced himself to me...as if I had no clue who he was. LOL
    Tex was sweet... Swisher was amazing. Security had to practically drag him away!
    Mo talked to me! I said I miss him.... he said he missed me too!
    Arod was so warm and friendly! Told us he plans to be back the first week in Sept. He was actually charming!
    Joba was so happy to be there with his little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    Jeter was aloof.
    Tex was sweet... Swisher was amazing. Security had to practically drag him away!
    Arod was so warm and friendly! Told us he plans to be back the first week in Sept. He was actually charming!

Gotta say, Well done yanks, well done.
    Just when they thought I was out, they pull me back in....the whole friekn team showing up!? A+!

I wasn't expecting much from this event going in but coming out I can say that may be one of the best experiences I have had with the Yankees. Great Job Yankees!!

1600 fans ticketed. 5000 isnt even close

Jeter was aloof.
    It really was a fabulous event.. The only disappointment was Jeter..
    Dave Robertson, Boone , Rauool, Clay, Martin, Girardi all stopped and smiled for camera

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

So sad I missed out on that event.

can someone please give me a better of idea of what actually went on? did you guys take pictures with members of the yankees? it seems like the only person that did was swisher. or was it more of less, you shake their hand and take pictures of them as they walked by.

NYYF Legend

Hope this shows up as a slideshow...I don't know how to attach it.

Hope this shows up as a slideshow...I don't know how to attach it.

Well done thanks for sharing !!

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    can someone please give me a better of idea of what actually went on? did you guys take pictures with members of the yankees? it seems like the only person that did was swisher. or was it more of less, you shake their hand and take pictures of them as they walked by.
    Thats how it was,,and the Yankees must of known Swisher would stop at every fan and take a picture because he was the last one to come out.. IT was advertised as just a photo day for taking pictures of the Yankees, so the Swisher stop and take pictures with fans was a nice surprise !!

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    Got to the service entrance by Gate 8 at 9:15 AM. They let us in beginning at 9:45 AM The warning track had a rope two feet off the ground foul pole to foul pole on the grass line. Yhere was another rope three feet inside the first. The players came out at 10:45 AM. The heat was a problem as only the right field corner was in the shade. They interviewed season ticket holders on the big screen about how great full season tickets are, Most areas were two people deep.
    Mariano came out first fist bumping and shaking hands. Then groups of 3 or 4 starting in left and right. Most were great fist bumping, shaking hands, posing for photos, etc. Security was cool they didn't bother if you stepped on the grass.
    Swisher waded into the crowd taking pictures with everyone. Security had to take him away so they could clear the field for batting practice. Arod was great while Jeter just gave the royal wave and sped by. Cashman took photos with those that asked.
    They cleared the field at 11:15 AM. They colledcted the event ticket mailed to us. They did not scan them. Also you never had to show a game ticket as you exited on the street. On the whole a great time.

for Jeter and some of the others, it was the equivalent to this

warning : not safe for work .... foul language .... turn down the volume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxWE6...=results_video

NYYF MVP

Meanwhile....as usual.....they don't do a damn thing for us partial plan ticket holders. Despite 13 years as a loyal licensee, I get nothing.

Actually, I do get something: I get the honor of buying tickets for full price before the team announces all their special discount offers. Then if I can't go to a game, I get to eat the tickets or sell them on Stub Hub for pennies on the dollar. Great deal.

Thread Information