+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Coney Island Hot Dob Eating Contest :D

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coney-islan...0#.T_WTtZHNkYI

I can't even stand to watch the entire video. I heard it on 880am about 8x yesterday and it made me want to hurl.

Winners: 68 hot dobs for Joey Chestnut and 45 hot dobs for the Black Widow (she weighs 100 lbs.)

So gross but what are ya gonna do - it's a tradition.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: Coney Island Hot Dob Eating Contest :D

It would be better if they didn't let them dunk them in water. Nobody eats like that outside of competitions.

I heard Chestnut ate something like 19,000 calories worth of hot dobs.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    It would be better if they didn't let them dunk them in water. Nobody eats like that outside of competitions.

I heard Chestnut ate something like 19,000 calories worth of hot dobs.
    ewww.

NYYF Legend

I wonder if Brad will have any comments.

NYYF Legend

It's getting too easy for Chestnut. Make him ride the Cyclone after to see if he can keep them down.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    It's getting too easy for Chestnut. Make him ride the Cyclone after to see if he can keep them down.
    omg, he'd barf all over everyone on the ride.

Make him ride the cyclone BEFORE...I was on that recently, all the sharp turns completely threw off my equilibrium.

I watched this yesterday. I had to look away a few times and I have a cast-iron stomach!
    Just think of all the sodium these freak-shows are ingesting. Their blood pressure must be through the roof?
    68 hot dogs in 10 minutes... Hell, you can't COOK 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I watched this yesterday. I had to look away a few times and I have a cast-iron stomach!
    Just think of all the sodium these freak-shows are ingesting. Their blood pressure must be through the roof?
    I don't think they stay in the stomach for very long. They're doubled park, if you know what I mean?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I wonder if Brad will have any comments.
    I had to work yesterday and I was in Internet limbo. I was gonna start this thread, but had a few things to do at home.

I'm sure that I could knock off a few in 10 minutes. I think about 12 mebbe, but not much more.

BTW, they dunk the buns in water in order to make that go down easier. Less "eating" and figuring it out in the mouth, and more "swallowin'" those bad boyz.

Now then, when do we have the boiled goat meat contest? Winner gets a brand new Lexus 350.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

They would need those HVC (or wot-evah they're called) outfits all over Coney Island. The outfits that look like they're orbiting in outer space or sumtin'.

From NY's Hometown Newspaper:

forums.nyyfans.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7538462

^^ Oh, and since I know that Vicki just LURRRRRRRRRRRRVED that one, I offer an encore:

RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

The problem is the only person who can really push Joey Chestnut still has a contract dispute with Major League Eating: Takeru 'The Tsunami' Kobayashi.

Kobayashi has beaten Joey only once at Nathan's in 2006, but in all four of their head-to-head meetings from 2006-2009, Chestnut has three wins including one OT victory in 2008 in a 5-dog eat-off and the average margin of victory in those four meetings is 2.06 HDBs.

Since Kobayashi had a contract dispute with Major League Eating, Chestnut has won three in a row and the average margin of victory is 11.3 HDBs including a 16 HDB gap in the 2012 contest yesterday.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    The problem is the only person who can really push Joey Chestnut still has a contract dispute with Major League Eating: Takeru 'The Tsunami' Kobayashi.

Kobayashi has beaten Joey only once at Nathan's in 2006, but in all four of their head-to-head meetings from 2006-2009, Chestnut has three wins including one OT victory in 2008 in a 5-dog eat-off and the average margin of victory in those four meetings is 2.06 HDBs.

Since Kobayashi had a contract dispute with Major League Eating, Chestnut has won three in a row and the average margin of victory is 11.3 HDBs including a 16 HDB gap in the 2012 contest yesterday.
    Are they ever going to resolve that? I assume it's more profitable for Kobayashi to not have the contract?
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post

I think that Kobayashi is the true champion. Before he, they were knocking off 30 or so at most. He "inhaled" those thingies at the insane rate of 55 hot dobs.

Wasn't it once 12 minutes for the contest, since lowered to 10 minutes?

Oh yeah, kudos to Nathan's in offering a special Women's division, which preceded the Men's division. Before, Sonya the Black Widow would get around $2,600 as the top "dog" among the women. Now as the Women's champ, she takes home the same $10k that Joey does.

And since we're talking about hot dobs and Kobayashi, I think his battle against his greatest enemy should be posted for all to see. You might get an annoying red transparent type box over the video, but you can X out of that box:

-Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Are they ever going to resolve that? I assume it's more profitable for Kobayashi to not have the contract?
    Take yer pick:

http://www.nydailynews.com/search-re...selecturl=site

Or simply go to this one (dated July 1, 2010), included in the above link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.463328

Me thinks that the site went down from 3:15-3:45pm just now. Anywayz ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Take yer pick:

http://www.nydailynews.com/search-re...selecturl=site

Or simply go to this one (dated July 1, 2010), included in the above link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.463328

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I don't know which is more freakishly unreal. The actual pic of Joey Chestnut wolfing down those hot dobs, or the Sean Delonas pic of the same (which is off the wall).

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I think that Kobayashi is the true champion. Before he, they were knocking off 30 or so at most. He "inhaled" those thingies at the insane rate of 55 hot dobs.

Wasn't it once 12 minutes for the contest, since lowered to 10 minutes?

Oh yeah, kudos to Nathan's in offering a special Women's division, which preceded the Men's division. Before, Sonya the Black Widow would get around $2,600 as the top "dog" among the women. Now as the Women's champ, she takes home the same $10k that Joey does.
    Well, Takeru Kobayashi is the one who put competitive eating on the map. He destroyed the competition from 2001-2005. Joey Chestnut made his debut at Nathan's in 2005 and wasn't recognized as a true contender to Kobayashi until 2006.

In Chestnut's Nathan's debut in 2005, he was in third with 32 HDBs.

As for the contest, it used to be 12 minutes until the 2008 contest when it was 10 minutes due to the idea that the supposed original contest in 1916 was this length.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

I got another crazy video of Takeru Kobayashi. You wouldn't believe how many he ate in this event.

NYYF Legend

The whole concept of competitve eating just bothers me period. There are people who go to bed hungry. I know they'd still be hungry if there was no such thing as seeing how much food you can shove in your stomach in 10 munutes.

That said, I would barf if I had to eat any bread soaked in water.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    The whole concept of competitve eating just bothers me period. There are people who go to bed hungry. I know they'd still be hungry if there was no such thing as seeing how much food you can shove in your stomach in 10 munutes.

That said, I would barf if I had to eat any bread soaked in water.
    Maybe they should let those hungry people compete.

And I agree that soaking the bread in water is cheating.

I saw this (paraphrased) posted as a picture from either the Post or the Daily News...

Mayor Bloomberg logic: 68 hot dogs (approx 19,000+ calories), no problem! Just don't wash it down with a soda greater than 16oz.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I dont think Ive eaten 68 hot dogs in an entire year.

Thread Information