+ Reply to Thread

First Row Terrace?

I've sat in the terrace before and noticed the plexiglass in the front of the section. Anyone have experience sitting in the front row and want to share if its a problem or not? I read this article (http://www.fansnap.com/blog/tag/yankee-stadium-terrace/) and was wondering if anyone could elaborate on how much it is necessary to lean forward to get an un-obstructed view. My dad is 6'2" and I'm looking to take him for his 65th birthday. Would he be able to sit back and enjoy the game from first row in the terrace?

Thanks for the input!

Brian

Re: First Row Terrace?

At that height I'd be more worried about the guy sitting behind HIM!!!!!!

NO he will be fine. guys under 5' 9'' or less have move at little to see around the metal on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishmash View Post
    At that height I'd be more worried about the guy sitting behind HIM!!!!!!

NO he will be fine. guys under 5' 9'' or less have move at little to see around the metal on top.

My season tix are in Terrace first row & there's no problem at all. Height should be a moot point.
    In fact, it's very nice having nobody in front of you.

Way back by the foul poul (sec 432) if you sit back in your chair that metal strip at the top of the glass blocks part of your view. Not the end of the world, and it's nice to be in the front row, but it was still pretty annoying, and ugly to look at. In my opinion it's like having someone sitting in front of you, even though you're in the first row.

Forum Regular

I've sat first row terrace in 305, and I've never had a problem with it, either leaning forward or sitting all the way back. Then again, I am 6'5'' so I'm probably not the best guy to ask lol

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    I've sat in the terrace before and noticed the plexiglass in the front of the section. Anyone have experience sitting in the front row and want to share if its a problem or not? I read this article (http://www.fansnap.com/blog/tag/yankee-stadium-terrace/) and was wondering if anyone could elaborate on how much it is necessary to lean forward to get an un-obstructed view. My dad is 6'2" and I'm looking to take him for his 65th birthday. Would he be able to sit back and enjoy the game from first row in the terrace?

Thanks for the input!

Brian
    I hope you are not in 333 row 1 seats 6,7, or 8. Great view of the foul pole instead of home plate.

And the plexi is higher near the aisles, so depending on the particular seat it can be an issue.

I'm 6'1, 6'2 on a good day. I sat in the first row of 421 and it kinda sucked. The plexiglass isnt the problem, its the metal border they have on top. From that view, the border blocked out the pitcher, positioning myself to look over the border blocked the bottom of the field, crouching down to look under it blocked everything behind the mound. My shorter friend had an even worse time, and complained about it the entire game lol.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I'm 6'1, 6'2 on a good day. I sat in the first row of 421 and it kinda sucked. The plexiglass isnt the problem, its the metal border they have on top. From that view, the border blocked out the pitcher, positioning myself to look over the border blocked the bottom of the field, crouching down to look under it blocked everything behind the mound. My shorter friend had an even worse time, and complained about it the entire game lol.
    And exactly why do they need that metal border - they didn't need it at Citi Field.

Thread Information