+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Do/Can You Bring into the Stadium to eat and drink?

I have brought McDonalds, Sealed Bottled Water, and Peanuts before but was wondering if you are allowed to bring sealed gatorade or soda into the stadium? Wondering what other people bring in the stadium with them to eat or drink that is allowed and won't be taken away when seen?

NYYF Legend

Re: What Do/Can You Bring into the Stadium to eat and drink?

I always make sure to buy a bottle of water across the street from the Stadium for $2, saves me some money on the bottled water inside. Then, I just go to the water fountains inside whenever I need a water refill.

I am almost positive you can bring sodas/gatorades in, and plenty of people bring their own food in. It just has to be in a clear plastic bag. Other than that, you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I always make sure to buy a bottle of water across the street from the Stadium for $2, saves me some money on the bottled water inside. Then, I just go to the water fountains inside whenever I need a water refill.

I am almost positive you can bring sodas/gatorades in, and plenty of people bring their own food in. It just has to be in a clear plastic bag. Other than that, you're good to go.
    The bag doesn't even need to be clear anymore. I believe bottles need to be unopened.

I bring in food and sodas all the time.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Nice, I will definitely bring some Gatorade in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LTRAIN View Post
    Nice, I will definitely bring some Gatorade in tomorrow.
    They do check to see if it is sealed. And of course it can't be glass.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The bag doesn't even need to be clear anymore. I believe bottles need to be unopened.

I bring in food and sodas all the time.
    That's right, I forgot about that.

DO NOT open your bottle of water until you get inside the Great Hall. If it's open, they make you dump it.

NYYF Triple Crown

The A-Z guides states "clear factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter in size or smaller, and empty plastic sports bottles" as items allowed.

Despite them specifically listing water and not mentioning soda, I've never seen anyone with a soda bottle or sports drink bottle turned away as long is it was plastic and clear container. (No bottles, cans, or solid colored containers where the contents cannot be seen, even if plastic)

What I usually do is bring in one plastic water bottle (sealed of course) and then bring in individual powder packets of crystal light or gatorade and mix it into the water bottle when I get inside. That way if I want a refill, I use the water fountains to refill the same bottle and just use another powder packet. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to carry in just one sealed clear water bottle and use several powder packets inside with the water fountain then to shlep around several full water bottles (or crystal lights or sports drinks)
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post

What I usually do is bring in one plastic water bottle (sealed of course) and then bring in individual powder packets of crystal light or gatorade and mix it into the water bottle when I get inside. That way if I want a refill, I use the water fountains to refill the same bottle and just use another powder packet. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to carry in just one sealed clear water bottle and use several powder packets inside with the water fountain then to shlep around several full water bottles (or crystal lights or sports drinks)
    Great idea! Thank You.

Addicted Member

Some security guards are strange about soda and gatorade and won't allow it, but that was last season, maybe they have lightened up ?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

I have to say thank you for this thread...I didn't think you could take anything into the stadium as far as food or drink. I took a small little insulated bag with waters and bananas in it...worked out great.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    Some security guards are strange about soda and gatorade and won't allow it, but that was last season, maybe they have lightened up ?
    I've never had a problem bringing soda into the Stadium.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Yes, you can bring in sodas and waters as long as they're in factory sealed, plastic bottles. No glass, no cans, and if you've already opened it you can forget it.

I saw a sign on one of the tables they use for giveaways that said any brand and size they sell in the Stadium cannot be brought in, but I have never seen that enforced so it may be new or for other events.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Because of the Americans With Disabilities Act, nobody can restrict you from bringing in your own food or drinks into any place like a theater or sports stadium.

The only place I respect the wishes of management as far as outside food (I have a child with severe food allergies) is a Kosher restaurant, because their policy is not in place because of lost revenue if people bring in their own food, it is a religious certification, and I have to abide by that...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post

$2? walk up past the McD's towards Gerard Avenue, you will hear "Water! Water ! ONE DOLLA ONE DOLLA ONE DOLLA!, why pay 5.50 INSIDE?!" So, you can half your expenses right there!
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    $2? walk up past the McD's towards Gerard Avenue, you will hear "Water! Water ! ONE DOLLA ONE DOLLA ONE DOLLA!, why pay 5.50 INSIDE?!" So, you can half your expenses right there!

I was just going to post this too - I bought a bunch of $1 waters on River Ave just before the Metro North bridge.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Most of the time I bring my own food and drinks. Clear, plastic bag so they can look and cans or bottles sealed. Most of them check but every once in awhile they don't. It really saves money to bring your own esp if you go to a lot of games.

The Only thing I got taken away yesterday was my Suntan lotion! You are not allowed any type of aerosol can and I had the spray suntan lotion. I was so pissed because I bought it in Penn Station on my way there. Little crazy to be taking suntan lotion away on a 95 degree day but I guess one person ruined it for everyone.

I brought in and had no problem; a 32oz gatorade, sport bottle water, some crystal light packets, Mcdonalds and a bag of pretzels. I saw some people with backpacks. Are they allowing backpacks now?

The Only thing I got taken away yesterday was my Suntan lotion! You are not allowed any type of aerosol can and I had the spray suntan lotion. I was so pissed because I bought it in Penn Station on my way there. Little crazy to be taking suntan lotion away on a 95 degree day but I guess one person ruined it for everyone.

I brought in and had no problem; a 32oz gatorade, sport bottle water, some crystal light packets, Mcdonalds and a bag of pretzels. I saw some people with backpacks. Are they allowing backpacks now?
    Small enough to fit in a little cage thing. But they will check it for whatever... Since iPads and kindles, etc are allowed- you no longer need to check a reasonable size bag at Stan's or elsewhere.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

I have a clear plastic backpack, in which I carry all kinds of things... food, water bottles, radio, binoculars, scorecard books, umbrella/poncho, and so on. They don't even open it up when I approach the gate - they've said to me that I obviously "know the drill" with the clear backpack, and just let me pass. I could probably bring ANYTHING into the stadium this way.
    2013: Saturday+, sect 422
    2004-12: Sunday+, Tier 6/sect 420B

Quote Originally Posted by scoper View Post
    I have a clear plastic backpack, in which I carry all kinds of things... food, water bottles, radio, binoculars, scorecard books, umbrella/poncho, and so on. They don't even open it up when I approach the gate - they've said to me that I obviously "know the drill" with the clear backpack, and just let me pass. I could probably bring ANYTHING into the stadium this way.
    Im pretty sure I may have saw you standing behind 106 in like the 8th yesterday. Unless that was another guy with a packed clear backpack lol

NYYF Triple Crown

I consider it a personal failure if I have to spend a single dollar in there once I get inside. For many, many years now my wife and I bring all our food/drinks in from the outside at a fraction of the cost. This goes for all the obscenely overpriced merchandise as well. There is almost nothing you can't find online for almost or more than half off what they charge in there.

The only exception to this might be if we are with another couple from out of town or who might never go there again for whatever reason and this may be their only time ever in there. If they want to splurge on one of the restaurants or something like that, we will oblige and join them. But that's about it. When you have gone to hundreds of games in your lifetime there, you have to learn how to save.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    I consider it a personal failure if I have to spend a single dollar in there once I get inside.
    That's kind of my attitude too. Depending on the group I'm with, I might succumb and have a few beers, but in general, I don't like giving them any more money than the ticket price. (And since I typically buy on stubhub, I'm often not even giving them that).

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    You can cut your costs further by buying a case. This is especially handy on hot days if you can freeze a few bottles before leaving home.

Re: cans-- the rule is no cans, no matter the contents. Also, aerosol cans in a cramped space (especially outdoors) are just not good.

They've been allowing backpacks for a while. Tourists love backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    That's kind of my attitude too. Depending on the group I'm with, I might succumb and have a few beers, but in general, I don't like giving them any more money than the ticket price. (And since I typically buy on stubhub, I'm often not even giving them that).
    Me too. Though I might buy some food if I am hungry enough and I have the money (which is becoming more and more infrequent). Though I am very picky: I will never ever buy anything inside if I can get it on River Ave (so no Cracker Jacks, sodas, etc.), and I couldn't get it conveniently elsewhere (Famiglia's "pizza" is out, and so arevhotvdogs, popcorn, sausages, and Boar's Head). Which pretty much leaves only Cheesesteak, garlic fries, Lobel's (still haven't tried yet, btw), and Nacho's.

Thread Information