+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: 2012 Adam Warren Performance Thread

Hey Warren, the bus for Stranton leaves in 45 minutes. Nice meeting you.
    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

Forum Regular

I am glad we gave one of our pitchers in the minors a chance. Warren obviously did not bring his A game. We gave him 4 runs and he gave them up and then the lead. Maybe it is nerves or he is not that good. I hope he is better than this. If not Phelps or someone else might be a better option.

NYYF Legend

A disappointing start to say the very least. I wasn't expecting a CG shutout but I also wasn't expecting a BP performance either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    A disappointing start to say the very least. I wasn't expecting a CG shutout but I also wasn't expecting a BP performance either.
    This is what you get sometimes with a ML debut.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

He looked good for his first two batters and got out of the first. Don't know what happened after that.

Addicted Member

With our track record of developing pitchers, he'll probably be traded to another team and contend for a Cy Young award.

NYYF Legend

It would seem that Mr. Warren's profession ought not to be baseball.

Maybe he should take up acting ... nice looking kid, at least.

When do the two remaining B's show up?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Betances has been terrible and Banuelos is on the DL.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Got thrown under the bus by Nyyfans after a bad start in NYS.

Shocking.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

I dont see how he got "thrown under the bus". He gave up 6 in 2.1 innings. Its not like he's a top prospect anyways. Im not sure what people want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    About the B's. We've gone from three future aces to one complete bust, one well on his way to being a bust, and one who MAY be a serviceable ML starter. They may wind up making Generation K look like Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz before all is said and done.

There is not a single player in our farm system I would not trade for Greinke or Hamels, and I felt this way before CC and Pettitte went down.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    About the B's. We've gone from three future aces to one complete bust, one well on his way to being a bust, and one who MAY be a serviceable ML starter. They may wind up making Generation K look like Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz before all is said and done.

There is not a single player in our farm system I would not trade for Greinke or Hamels, and I felt this way before CC and Pettitte went down.
    Agreed on Hamels.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Betances has been terrible and Banuelos is on the DL.
    We really need to sell high with our prospects. This seems to happen quite frequently.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    We really need to sell high with our prospects. This seems to happen quite frequently.
    The only one of the "B's" that still has value is Banuelos. We need to sell high on him before he underwhelms and package him for one of the aces who may be available.

NYYF Legend

Well there have been worse debuts, but I can't remember too many.

Better luck next time kid.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I dont see how he got "thrown under the bus". He gave up 6 in 2.1 innings. Its not like he's a top prospect anyways. Im not sure what people want to hear.
    I guess I misread many of these posts. It was his first career start against a pretty good offense in NYS. This kind of start happens to many.

I didn't call him a top prospect either, but he could probably be a solid back of the rotation pitcher if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I guess I misread many of these posts. It was his first career start against a pretty good offense in NYS. This kind of start happens to many.

I didn't call him a top prospect either, but he could probably be a solid back of the rotation pitcher if given the chance.
    The problem is that we don't have a shortage of candidates for back of the rotation starters. I'm certainly not convinced that Hughes or Nova aren't really #4-5 types themselves. We need starters who can pitch at the FRONT of the rotation, and this was true before CC and Pettitte went down. It us certainly not clear that we have anyone internally who can potentially be a front of rotation starter, and it is not out of the realm of possibility that all three "Killer B's" will be busts.

Greinke or Hamels is not a luxury. One of them is a necessity. Given the competitiveness of the AL East, getting one of them could be the difference between winning a WS and missing the playoffs entirely.

The problem is that we don't have a shortage of candidates for back of the rotation starters. I'm certainly not convinced that Hughes or Nova aren't really #4-5 types themselves. We need starters who can pitch at the FRONT of the rotation, and this was true before CC and Pettitte went down. It us certainly not clear that we have anyone internally who can potentially be a front of rotation starter, and it is not out of the realm of possibility that all three "Killer B's" will be busts.

Greinke or Hamels is not a luxury. One of them is a necessity. Given the competitiveness of the AL East, getting one of them could be the difference between winning a WS and missing the playoffs entirely.
    Well I can't disagree with the first statement, but Hughes and especially Nova certainly have the ability to move up that vaunted rotation ladder.

In terms of Banuelos, he is only 21, in AAA and before the latest injury was lights out. Id give him a long leash. Betances is a long argument that I will conceed to you.

I wouldn't mind trading for one of those two as well, its all about the price.

Agreed...even more so with how the B's have turned out. Its gonna hurt when we pass on both in FA because of the $189M number.

I have a lot of concerns about Greinke. Though nothing has surfaced in a long time, it's still a fact he missed a season due to social anxiety disorder.

I'd still drive a busload of our prospects to Milwaukee for him.

A "necessity" for what? Surely, you don't mean for winning a WS this year. Many teams have won with weaker pitching staffs than the current Yankee staff, including CC and Andy, who we have good reason to believe will be back in September.

Or do you mean in subsequent seasons? If so, you have to consider lots of contingencies, developments, and other options that could develop before next year.

You do say, instead of "necessity", that it "could be the difference." We can all agree with that, as those guys are both great pitchers. But so "could" trading for a lot of other players increase the odds of winning a WS.

Maybe you mean increasing the odds to a level that makes you comfortable. But the Yankees are a business. The owners and their management have to balance odds against ticket sales and its certainly necessary to have cheap players from your system to do that effectively. It is not about making confident the most nervous fans, the fans who feel the most need of having a championship team with which to affiliate.

I'd like Hamels or Greinke too, but one or the other is not a "necessity."

NYYF Legend

Warren was terrible just freakin terrible...maybe the swap him and Phleps the next start where he will be the long man but damn he was tattoed
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    A "necessity" for what? Surely, you don't mean for winning a WS this year. Many teams have won with weaker pitching staffs than the current Yankee staff, including CC and Andy, who we have good reason to believe will be back in September.

Or do you mean in subsequent seasons? If so, you have to consider lots of contingencies, developments, and other options that could develop before next year.

You do say, instead of "necessity", that it "could be the difference." We can all agree with that, as those guys are both great pitchers. But so "could" trading for a lot of other players increase the odds of winning a WS.

Maybe you mean increasing the odds to a level that makes you comfortable. But the Yankees are a business. The owners and their management have to balance odds against ticket sales and its certainly necessary to have cheap players from your system to do that effectively. It is not about making confident the most nervous fans, the fans who feel the most need of having a championship team with which to affiliate.

I'd like Hamels or Greinke too, but one or the other is not a "necessity."
    Sure, at the ultimate level, no player is a "necessity". We could go cheap at every position and field a team that finishes out of the playoffs every year. The Yankees certainly are a business. And what is their business model and market, Raj? They sell their team based on history, tradition, and WINNING. Winning 27 championships is what made their business model. And they happen to be in the largest entertainment market in the country, if not the world, and have to compete for the entertainment dollar with all else Manhattan has to offer. The Yankees are not in a position to pull a KC or a Tampa Bay, for a lot of reasons (how do those teams draw, BTW?). Besides, even if they wanted to do this, they have the structural problem of having a team absolutely built to win now, given that they are paying about $45 million alone to an aging left side of the infield whose window of productivity is certainly narrowing. Even with all the money they pay, luxury tax included, the Yankees are still one of, if not the most profitable sports franchise in the world. And, while Hal certainly would love not to spend more, he really has to own a lot of the responsibility for the payroll, given that he and Hank bid against precisely no one but themselves and ignored their own GM to re-sign ARod to the most ridiculous contract in sports history.

For this team, at this time, Greinke or Hamels is a necessity.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

The recent surge to the top of the division and the best record in baseball had more to do with their outstanding pitching than the offense. With the sudden hit to the rotation, and the extended absence of Pettitte, I would tend to side with the "necessity" argument if this team is going to keep up the pace.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Thread Information