+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: The Wave ?? At Yankee Stadium ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Because I will mock you.
    I'm with Hitman. We will, we will mock you.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Its a ball park not a minor league one that doesnt need a gimmick to keep fans interested. If they are bored they can go do a million other things inside the stadium.
    With everything they bombard fans with on the jumbotron, the Yankees sure don't treat the game as if it's less in need of gimmicks than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    With everything they bombard fans with on the jumbotron, the Yankees sure don't treat the game as if it's less in need of gimmicks than anywhere else.
    It's fun to be at Y-M-C-A. Yeah, the Yankees aren't above cheesy.

And I'm going to start "the wave" in this very thread. I just stood up in front of my computer. Your turn....
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post

And I'm going to start "the wave" in this very thread. I just stood up in front of my computer. Your turn....
    a little help....
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I think it's stupid, but I also think the people, mostly in the bleachers, who think that it's their duty to put a stop to it look much more stupid. The guy who turns around and then runs around the section telling everyone not to participate misses way more of the game than the people who do the wave. It's a baseball game, people can do what they want.

I don;t know why that stuck but trust me I'm not a fan of that either. I think the bleacher chants during that time are great, if they are allowed to anymore.
    Pay attention to your posting. Leave that sh!t for the sam horn site.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Well I'm not offended by it, but it's ridiculous. And you are free to participate and expect to get mocked. Because I will mock you.
    I didn't say I participated. I don't. I personally like to sit down and not stand up and down 5/10 times and wave my arms.....my point was it's not a big deal (to me) and a lot of people like it, especially kids.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

NYYF Legend

Flash mob wave at noon today......location TBA.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Being distracted by an ad or playing the great subway race between innings is different than doing the wave while the actual game is going on.

Being distracted by an ad or playing the great subway race between innings is different than doing the wave while the actual game is going on.
    I don't see how standing up for a few seconds is particularly distracting, or any more gimmicky that anything else that goes on at games. (And since it's purely done by the fans, as opposed to being imposed on the crowd by the screens, speakers or grounds crew, I think it could be considered less gimmicky).

It is a big different.

For those who likes doing the wave - please get your tickets and make sure you sit right behind me. Let me know how you feel when I stand and watch the rest of the game.

I have done this in the past with friends. (We didnt participated in the wave). After the wave was done with, all 8 of us just stood up and do our own wave - back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

Finally, someone from behind got annoyed and told the group to sit down - a smart ass in the group replied "Now you see how stupid the wave is."
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

It seemed out of place to me at the old stadium. At this one, it seems to be a good fit.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets37 View Post
    I think it's stupid, but I also think the people, mostly in the bleachers, who think that it's their duty to put a stop to it look much more stupid. The guy who turns around and then runs around the section telling everyone not to participate misses way more of the game than the people who do the wave. It's a baseball game, people can do what they want.
    I can assure you no guy runs around the bleachers. In 203 its a known fact we stop the wave, no need for it in the ballpark IMO.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    It seemed out of place to me at the old stadium. At this one, it seems to be a good fit.
    Well I suppose after you make your way through the museum and mall and actually find the baseball game going on, the wave is a fitting thing to see. After all you spent all that dough to get there, get in and maybe eat. So why not waste your time jumping out of your seat in a synchronized fashion. Makes sense to me!
    Boo for trading Prado.

I remember a time or two in the old stadium where the fans had the wave going. By the time it made its way around to the bleachers, it came to a screaming halt. In fact, by the time it started up again, we in the bleachers responded in unison by flipping the bird all at once and chanting "F*** the wave."

But as long as it doesn't disrupt my view of the game, it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I'm too lazy to participate, but you bought your ticket to the game, do what you want...

NYYF Legend

Well I suppose after you make your way through the museum and mall and actually find the baseball game going on, the wave is a fitting thing to see. After all you spent all that dough to get there, get in and maybe eat. So why not waste your time jumping out of your seat in a synchronized fashion. Makes sense to me!
    You are soooo right. OYS felt like a real ballpark, as opposed to the NYS, which feels like a combo of a theme park and a really big version of Tiffany's.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post
    We Enjoyed doing the wave (in a blowout 7-0 game by the way) and had a lot of fun with it. It also went around 3 times and got a huge amount of applause. The only reason it died out at all was because we had to stand for the american song.
    "The american song"...

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    "The american song"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5...eature=related
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    You are soooo right. OYS felt like a real ballpark, as opposed to the NYS, which feels like a combo of a theme park and a really big version of Tiffany's.
    I really hate taking shots at the stadium. I was even all for getting a new one. But I just really do not enjoy being there as much as I used to. I honestly would rather be at a friends house hanging out and watching on a 70 inch tv.

And there is no wave on the couch.
    Boo for trading Prado.

I feel like I'm in the minority in that I love the new stadium. The only things I miss about OYS are a) the fact that it kept crowd noise in better and b) that Monument Park was much more visible. Otherwise, I love NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I feel like I'm in the minority in that I love the new stadium. The only things I miss about OYS are a) the fact that it kept crowd noise in better and b) that Monument Park was much more visible. Otherwise, I love NYS.
    There's no reason to not love it. If I could afford to attend a lot games I would probably feel differently. I just really miss walking down that dark hallway to see the green field, the lights, the entire atmosphere. Not to say what they have now isn't cool. I like being able to see the game while waiting on line for food. I like the clean bathrooms. But overall the Yankee experience I had before no longer has the same impact as it once did. Maybe over time it will. But as of now I'm disappointed. Especially since they shove the success and history down your throat at every turn. I get it, the franchise kicks ass. We all know that. Everyone who goes there knows that. It's a bit overboard, but just my opinion.
    Boo for trading Prado.

There's no reason to not love it. If I could afford to attend a lot games I would probably feel differently. I just really miss walking down that dark hallway to see the green field, the lights, the entire atmosphere. Not to say what they have now isn't cool. I like being able to see the game while waiting on line for food. I like the clean bathrooms. But overall the Yankee experience I had before no longer has the same impact as it once did. Maybe over time it will. But as of now I'm disappointed. Especially since they shove the success and history down your throat at every turn. I get it, the franchise kicks ass. We all know that. Everyone who goes there knows that. It's a bit overboard, but just my opinion.
    I love how much easier it is to get in and out of the Stadium, the bathrooms are much quicker, and the food is a vast improvement. Otherwise I find nothing to love about the Stadium itself. It's just a place, and I go there because the Yankees play there. Nothing else about it is special or beautiful or particularly interesting.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I think people are dissapointed by the place because it doesnt stand out like San Francisco, Pittsburgh and even Baltimore do. I've been to all three of those and they are by far the best three IMO. But lets remember we're in the South Bronx here....in terms of creating great views behind the stadium (like those three do with the Bay, the Pittsburgh skyline/Allegheny River/Clemente bridge and the warehouse in Baltimore) there wasnt anything to work with.

NYS in the same group w/Citi and Nationals Park for me in terms of the new stadiums I've seen. I've also seen Progressive Field, SkyDome, Tropicana Field and Petco Park. They are all great (well except Tropicana which is the worst stadium I've ever been to...even worse then Shea, Veterans Stadium and Olympic Stadium) but dont have that "something extra" that makes them stick out like my Top 3 do. It doesnt make them bad places though. OYS I loved obviously for nostalgia reasons. Lots of great memories there and alot of history, but the stadium itself was nothing special at all. I'm more then content with NYS...just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I think people are dissapointed by the place because it doesnt stand out like San Francisco, Pittsburgh and even Baltimore do. I've been to all three of those and they are by far the best three IMO. But lets remember we're in the South Bronx here....in terms of creating great views behind the stadium (like those three do with the Bay, the Pittsburgh skyline/Allegheny River/Clemente bridge and the warehouse in Baltimore) there wasnt anything to work with.

NYS in the same group w/Citi and Nationals Park for me in terms of the new stadiums I've seen. I've also seen Progressive Field, SkyDome, Tropicana Field and Petco Park. They are all great (well except Tropicana which is the worst stadium I've ever been to...even worse then Shea, Veterans Stadium and Olympic Stadium) but dont have that "something extra" that makes them stick out like my Top 3 do. It doesnt make them bad places though. OYS I loved obviously for nostalgia reasons. Lots of great memories there and alot of history, but the stadium itself was nothing special at all. I'm more then content with NYS...just my opinion though.
    The neighborhood has nothing to do with it. NYS was built as a playground for the rich. Take the facade/frieze off the top its no different than any other ROK designed split upper deck cookie cutter.

Thread Information