+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Is There A Website That Lists How Many Errors The Yankees Have Made Every Game Of...

Is there a website that lists how many errors the Yankees have made every game of the season on one page?

NYYF Legend

Re: Is There A Website That Lists How Many Errors The Yankees Have Made Every Game Of

I'm sure you can find it on baseball-reference.com; they have pretty much everything.

Re: Is There A Website That Lists How Many Errors The Yankees Have Made Every Game Of

yeah. bb reference is a good place. this is as close as I could come:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...e-scores.shtml

If you scroll down and click on each box score it comes right up.

If you click this one you'll get totals and errors broken down but not by each game. It's by position, player, etc.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...fielding.shtml
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Cy Young

I looked at baseball-reference and saw that they didn't have it all on one page before I started this topic.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    I looked at baseball-reference and saw that they didn't have it all on one page before I started this topic.
    Then, odds are, you're out of luck. BBR is the preeminent page for baseball statistics. If they don't have it, no one does.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

ROE is a close approximation, via bbref.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...&t=p&year=2012

NYYF Cy Young

Not all errors allow a runner to reach, so that page won't tell me the time before yesterday that the Yankees committed 3 or more errors. I guess I'll have to look at individual box scores.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    I checked BR as well as a few other places and you seem to be right. You might want to send BR an e-mail and suggest that they add that as a category by game. You can't even figure it out for sure from the Play Index. I've always found BR to be very responsive in the past, and with the depth and breadth of statistics they provide, it seems like missing something as simple as an errors by games list is a pretty big oversight.

Based on the Play Index, though, I can tell you that the last three times that the Yankees allowed 3 or more opponents to REACH on an error were 9/7/11, 8/26/11, and 5/8/11. As you pointed out, that might not be the last three times they made three errors, though.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information