+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1133
  1. #51
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Luke Schenn to the Philadelphia Flyers for F James van Riemsdyk
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/80...s-van-riemsdyk
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  2. #52
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    San Jose Sharks D Brad Stuart signs 3-year extension with Team Teal
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/80...year-extension
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  3. #53
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Luke Schenn to the Philadelphia Flyers for F James van Riemsdyk
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/80...s-van-riemsdyk
    I'm a bit surprised by this.....

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  4. #54
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Habs fan base hasn't been this happy about the draft since 82........and of course the French media is complaining about the lack of drafting from the "Q" and French born players........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  5. #55
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Can anyone give me some info on the Isles first round pick. Was it a good choice?
    this is from ESPN Insider in case you don't get that:

    New York Islanders: A-

    GM Garth Snow made a smart move in adding veteran defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky in a draft-day trade with the Ducks. He comes with a healthy cap hit, but that's not a problem for an Islanders team that will likely struggle to get to the floor, assuming there is one in the new CBA. It may be too much to ask for Visnovsky to repeat his 68-point season from 2010-11, but he should be good for at least 40 points if he stays healthy. Along with adding Visnovsky, all they did was draft defense, selecting seven defensemen overall to help boost an organization that finished 27th overall in goals-against last season.

    Sonier's prime picks: While other defensemen selected in this year's draft may have an impact sooner, in the long term defenseman Griffin Reinhart (No. 4 overall) could develop into the best all-around defenseman in this year's draft. Son of former NHL great Paul Reinhart, his elite size combined with his skating and puck-moving ability proved to be too much for the Islanders to pass on. Adam Pelech (No. 65 overall) is one of the smartest defensive defensemen in the OHL. The reason he slid to the third round is because of his average skating ability. Jesse Graham in the sixth round is a nice pick. He's a smooth-skating offensive defenseman who produced offensively despite being behind Boston Bruins D prospect Dougie Hamilton.

  6. #56

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Can anyone give me some info on the Isles first round pick. Was it a good choice?
    Seven picks overall, seven defensemen taken.....and traded for Visnovsky.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  7. #57

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    I am thrilled with the Sabres draft. Especially with their first two picks.

  8. #58
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    this is from ESPN Insider in case you don't get that:
    Thanks, Looks like Snow did okay in this year's draft. Trade was a good move also.

    Now if the franchise can just stay in the area maybe I will get to see some of these picks play for the team in a few years.

  9. #59

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Lubo may bolt for the KHL instead of playing with the Islanders...


    At first I kind of chuckled at the Islanders taking nothing but D but in retrospect, it was probably the way to go. The talent in this draft wasn't great to begin with and if there was depth at any positon, it was on D. They're weak at the position both on the big team and in the farm and they added a ton of depth there.

    Snow has stockpiled depth at every position, now its all a matter of sitting back and hoping that it sorts itself out.

  10. #60

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    now its all a matter of sitting back and hoping that it sorts itself out.
    Siting back and letting Nino sort himself out probably would have been a better strategy than the current approach.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  11. #61
    NYYF Triple Crown

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by this.....
    I'm more than a little annoyed by this. Schenn is not a superstar, but he is a good stay at home defenseman who filled a role. JVR is one big hit away from never playing again. He can be dynamic, buti would rather Schenn be used to gwt Nash from CBJ. Although if CBJ want JVR, perhaps this is a precursor to a move for Nash.

    I'm not sure I trust Burke at this point.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  12. #62

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    I'm more than a little annoyed by this. Schenn is not a superstar, but he is a good stay at home defenseman who filled a role. JVR is one big hit away from never playing again. He can be dynamic, buti would rather Schenn be used to gwt Nash from CBJ. Although if CBJ want JVR, perhaps this is a precursor to a move for Nash.

    I'm not sure I trust Burke at this point.
    The trade was slightly in favor of Toronto IMO.

    Schenn heavily regressed heavily since his rookie season. Leafs have no clue how to develop defensemen, gave him too much too soon and he couldn't handle it.

    I don't know if the situation in Philly is going to be much better, he seems to be on track to going the way of Ryan Parent.

    JVR has a ton of upside, but as u said hes injury prone. Can't imagine he'll get through a full season with 6 games against the Bruins on the schedule.

    All things equal, I think JVR is the better player.

    Also, I don't think you guys have the expendable assets in order to get Nash. Talks will start and end with Jake Gardiner.

  13. #63
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan are sure things for HHOF but who joins them?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...hings-for-hhof

    I like to see Pavel Bure, Kevin Lowe and Mike Richter join them in that HHOF class.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  14. #64
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Lowe & Richter will get in. Not sure about Bure.

  15. #65
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Back in DC: Washington Capitals to name Adam Oates head coach
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rss=rss_sports
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  16. #66
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    http://deadspin.com/5921351/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

    Top NHL Draft Pick Nail Yakupov’s Wild Night On Twitter

    sluts lol
    https://twitter.com/#!/Nail10_1993/following

  17. #67

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan are sure things for HHOF but who joins them?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...hings-for-hhof

    I like to see Pavel Bure, Kevin Lowe and Mike Richter join them in that HHOF class.
    Sakic, Bure, Sundin and Oates got in.


    Surprised Shanny didn't get in but it won't be long until he does.

  18. #68
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Sakic, Bure, Sundin and Oates got in.


    Surprised Shanny didn't get in but it won't be long until he does.
    I'm also surprised that Shanny didn't get in.

    But Joe Sakic, Pavel Bure, Mats Sundin and Adam Oates, those are good choices. Sakic got in because of his passing, quick wrist shot and best leaders on and off the ice. Bure and Sundin because of their lethal finishing. And Oates, one of the best players in the game in his heyday.

    I think Shanny will make it next year. I also hope Kevin Lowe, Mike Richter and Pat Burns get in next year too.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  19. #69
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Sources: G Ondrej Pavelec, Winnipeg Jets agree on 5-year deal
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/80...five-year-deal
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  20. #70

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Washington traded Dennis Wideman's rights to Calgary who subsequently signed him to a 5 year deal/5.25 cap hit per with a full NTC

    I have no idea how Jay Feaster ever built a cup winner down in Tampa. Calgary has needed to rebuild for a good 3-4 years now, yet he keeps trying to signing players who will do nothing more than make them a 7th-9th seed at best and hes traded away 2nd round picks the past few years like they're candy.


    I don't blame Tim Erixon for not wanting to play there one bit, that franchise is ................ed beyond repair.


    The only person happier about this than Wideman is Ryan Suter.

  21. #71

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Washington traded Dennis Wideman's rights to Calgary who subsequently signed him to a 5 year deal/5.25 cap hit per with a full NTC

    I have no idea how Jay Feaster ever built a cup winner down in Tampa. Calgary has needed to rebuild for a good 3-4 years now, yet he keeps trying to signing players who will do nothing more than make them a 7th-9th seed at best and hes traded away 2nd round picks the past few years like they're candy.


    I don't blame Tim Erixon for not wanting to play there one bit, that franchise is ................ed beyond repair.


    The only person happier about this than Wideman is Ryan Suter.
    You'd have to figure Matt Carle is pretty happy with that contract as well.

  22. #72

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    ^ Totally forgot about Carle. Totally ................s Philly over if they're intent on bringing him back, which it sounds like they are.

    Glad we're not in the market for a UFA D off season outside of Schultz, who will sign for a set amount where ever he goes.

  23. #73
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Washington traded Dennis Wideman's rights to Calgary who subsequently signed him to a 5 year deal/5.25 cap hit per with a full NTC

    I have no idea how Jay Feaster ever built a cup winner down in Tampa. Calgary has needed to rebuild for a good 3-4 years now, yet he keeps trying to signing players who will do nothing more than make them a 7th-9th seed at best and hes traded away 2nd round picks the past few years like they're candy.


    I don't blame Tim Erixon for not wanting to play there one bit, that franchise is ................ed beyond repair.


    The only person happier about this than Wideman is Ryan Suter.
    Does Jay Feaster even think that the Calgary Flames are hampered by salary cap problems?!
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  24. #74

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    ^ Totally forgot about Carle. Totally ................s Philly over if they're intent on bringing him back, which it sounds like they are.

    Glad we're not in the market for a UFA D off season outside of Schultz, who will sign for a set amount where ever he goes.
    In a way, I'm kinda glad Chiarelli tends to stay away from UFA altogether. I can't think of many contracts I've loved the past few seasons (although with each passing offseason, some of the older ones don't look so bad anymore). Unfortunately, most Bruins fans I talk to hate this about him, which makes me start to think Bluecountry may have been right about Bruins fans.

    Although I'm a little confused as to why they haven't shown more interest in Schultz. We fit all of his criteria, or at least as much as any other American team.

  25. #75
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Official NHL 2012-2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MTYankee23 View Post
    In a way, I'm kinda glad Chiarelli tends to stay away from UFA altogether. I can't think of many contracts I've loved the past few seasons (although with each passing offseason, some of the older ones don't look so bad anymore). Unfortunately, most Bruins fans I talk to hate this about him, which makes me start to think Bluecountry may have been right about Bruins fans.

    Although I'm a little confused as to why they haven't shown more interest in Schultz. We fit all of his criteria, or at least as much as any other American team.
    Rangers have shown plenty of interest. They're one of the favorites to land him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts