+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: Week 11 Thread - It's still anyone's Champjonship

And with a $31 value, he's not a keeper for next year at this point, and has little value unless someone thinks he'll turn it around.

Well the way I see it, I'm not going to trade him low and let someone else reap the benefits of what Lincecum can do for nothing. I'm rolling the dice. If he turns it around I have 4 aces on my staff. (Kershaw, Lee, Peavy, and Lincecum with Capuano and Moore to fill it out) If not, then he just rides the bench. Unless I get preseason value for him, he's gonna stick around. Only problem is upcoming weeks like next week where he faces the M's. He's a must start there, right? Although he presented one trade (Michael Young and Mike Trout for Lincecum) that I could live with, for sure.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Well the way I see it, I'm not going to trade him low and let someone else reap the benefits of what Lincecum can do for nothing. I'm rolling the dice. If he turns it around I have 4 aces on my staff. (Kershaw, Lee, Peavy, and Lincecum with Capuano and Moore to fill it out) If not, then he just rides the bench. Unless I get preseason value for him, he's gonna stick around. Only problem is upcoming weeks like next week where he faces the M's. He's a must start there, right? Although he presented one trade (Michael Young and Mike Trout for Lincecum) that I could live with, for sure.
    I'm in the GameDayRitual auction league here.

My SP coming out of spring training:

Tim Lincecum (17.9 PPG 2011, 8.4 PPG 2012)
    Dan Haren (20.0 PPG 2011, 14.3 PPG 2012)
    Jon Lester (16.7 PPG 2011, 12.6 PPG 2012)
    James Shields (23.6 PPG 2011, 16.9 PPG 2012)
    Josh Beckett (19.0 PPG 2011, 13.4 PPG 2012)

Avg of 97.2 Pts/Week in 2011, to 65.6 in 2012. A 32.5% drop.

Not to mention, my closer was Mariano Rivera.

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Mr. Fantasy is a boob! The only thing he said that holds any credibility is that Steve is.."one desperate man clicking away at his computer"!

you forgot the part with "it's interrupting a good night's sleep"

I sent that at like 4 am.

Is anyone else enjoying watching Kevin Youkilis struggle as much as me? He was so solid for so many years and I hate his grimace and his batting stance and the silly way he slides his hands up and down that bat. I always thought he was a tad cocky. Just a random thought! Thank you for your time!

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    Is anyone else enjoying watching Kevin Youkilis struggle as much as me? He was so solid for so many years and I hate his grimace and his batting stance and the silly way he slides his hands up and down that bat. I always thought he was a tad cocky. Just a random thought! Thank you for your time!
    I am with you. Can't stand the guy. I actually know several Sox fans who feel the same way. Which leads to my dilemma with Middlebrooks. He isn't consistently starting, but based on projections is getting enough AB's to not be an mL keeper next year.

NYYF Legend

Something on your mind, miko?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I've seen video of all time greats start with their hand separated before they swing. I often wondered if the motion of pulling your top hand down while you swing can get a little extra power on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    Something on your mind, miko?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Well played Sax!

I've seen video of all time greats start with their hand separated before they swing. I often wondered if the motion of pulling your top hand down while you swing can get a little extra power on the ball.
    I don't ever remember posting my hitting videos anywhere!

Is anyone else enjoying watching Kevin Youkilis struggle as much as me?
    Normally, I'd totally be enjoying this...

Ugh.... these injuries are killing me. And half of them aren't even DL bound, they are day to day I don;t even know who to start next week. eff.

Ugh.... these injuries are killing me. And half of them aren't even DL bound, they are day to day I don;t even know who to start next week. eff.
    Dear Mr. Fantasy......

That one liner could be used for everything! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Normally, I'd totally be enjoying this...
    Ya I didn't mean fantasy related bud....just in general.
    I would still be looking to buy low on him for league purposes.

Friggin' Beckett.....probably cost me the game this week....Geez, that's twice now.

NYYF HOF

Make or break today for the force....our three best pitchers take the mound with a 12pt lead....the apples will have two starts remaining after today so if we don't have at least a 60 pt lead by days end it could be another L for the force in what is becoming a very disapointing season.

NYYF HOF

I'm hosed. Ok; here are my keepers for next year:
    Sale - SP
    Holland - SP
    Lynn - SP
    and out of the following: Carpenter, Saunders, Bonifacio

If you can improve that or improve on my minors (I'm very high on Wheeler, Starling, Lee, the other not so much) send me an offer. I still want a high draft pick so fair warning; getting Hamilton will require you to make it worth it to drop 4-5 draft slots as well as current value.

Devoted Member

I managed to lose my best 2 starters this week. In serious need of pitching. Too bad I don't have much to offer in return.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Make or break today for the force....our three best pitchers take the mound with a 12pt lead....the apples will have two starts remaining after today so if we don't have at least a 60 pt lead by days end it could be another L for the force in what is becoming a very disapointing season.

swing and a miss....story of my season

Saxmania's Legends @ Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    The BugleBoys look to maintain their share of 1st as they head to Gentville. The Gents hope to inch closer to .500 at the Brass Legends expense.
    The Gents seemingly have this one in the bag. England's finest will need a tri-pitching implosion to take this one.
    Gents will move to 6-5, the Legends would fall to 7-4

Stubborn Jalapenos @ Miko's Marauders

A heavyweight battle of 1st Place teams as the Hot Peppers cross the border to Canadia. Both teams need a win.
    Peppy the Pepper owns a 21.5 point lead. Capuano vs. EJack. Who will prevail. Pins and needles here.

Rhode Kill @ Springfield Nuclear Powerplant

The 2nd heavyweight battle of 1st Place teams face off here. The RIKill invade the NukePlant with both teams needing a win.
    The Plant are down 17 points with a 2-1 SP Advantage going into the final day of the week. Can the Plant stay all alone with the best record?

Boras's Holdouts @ Rodents of Unusual Size

The Holdouts still hold on to the points lead and a share of first in the League's strongest Division. They visit the Rodents this week who look to get their unusual selves back in the Ruth race.
    The Power Rank leading Holdons, hold a 71 point lead and will more than likely head to 8-3, dropping the BigMice to 4-7.

Michigan Wolverines @ Babe's Blasts

The Blasters find themselves just a game off the pace in the Gehrig not ready for prime time Division. The B*2's get invaded by the Magazines of Wichigan. The Mags need to right their ship before all is lost.
    MiWolvies have a 36 pt lead and 2 SPs going today. Double B needs negative points from those SPs as they have no more starts. A MiWolf win would bring both teams to a 4-7 record.

The Lumberjacks @ Port City Yankees

The Tree Cutting Crew head's to Port City (whereever that may be) to play the Riding High PCYanks. This battle of basement dwellers has a sense of urgency for each club.
    PoYanks lead this by 65 points, that should be enough to get them to 3-7-1 & drop the Jackmen to 4-7.

Evil Empire @ Romanian Yankees
    The Commish takes his headcase team off to Romania Canadia to visit the RoYanks. E*2 needs to win to keep pace in the DiMag, while the RoYanks would like to stay in 1st place in Lou G's Minor League Emporium.
    The Yanks of Ro should take their 65 pt lead to at least a continued share of first place in the GehDiv. Double E would go to 4-7 if things remain the same.

Those Magnificent Men @ Guys with Wood

The Regurgitating Stirrups head to the Woods to face the Guys. A Matchup of 2nd place teams that look to stay in the hunt.
    The MagMen have this pretty much wrapped up with a 73 point lead. They'd improve their record to 7-4, and the Wood Guys wood fall to 4-6-1

Bad Apples @ Carolina Force

The Big Applesauce heads to Carolina in their Minds to face off with the Forceful Ones. The Sauce, now just a game out of first would like to come away with a Force team that still has a shot in the Gehrig D.
    Apps are down 19.5 with a 2-0 SP_Adv. Too close to call, the Forced need help to win this one.

Pride of Ligers @ Larrupin' Lou's

Them Ligers continue their long road trip as they head to Columbia to face the LLs. L*2 hopes to get going this season, while the Big Cats hope to cling to first in the JoeD Div.
    The Double L's are hanging close to the Felines of Idaho. A Cueto gem and a Zach meltdown could spell a Lou win. Scary times for Liger fans.

Happy Father's Day.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

Nice writeup John. Happy Father's Day all that apply.

Ligers go to sleep with a 7-3 record, with a win assured. Wake up with the win (whew) and a 7-4 record. Looks like CBS took away some points from a Liger Player in week 10 or added some points to an Extraordinary Gent player in week 10 (a week after the game was final). Turned the tide. No explanation from CBS.

Congrats on the week 10 delayed victory to the Gents.

NYYF Legend

Thanks John. When I realized it I figured it was a mistake. I've been pretty down on my team. Still in the hunt. What a strange season.

NYYF HOF

welp....20 pt lead with Shields, Lee and Billz pitching and my team can't get it done....I've lost my fantasy mojo

Thread Information