+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 778 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    The guys did great at the Montauk triathlon. At night they went to some of the bars/pubs in Montauk. Some 20something y/o challenged my husband to a beer chugging contest and a push-up contest in one of the bars Sat night. The 20something y/o lost both. I could have told him that was going to happen.

Reminds me of the time I was at an outdoor bar in Thailand with a bunch of buddies and these guys from Australia challenged us to a drinking contest. We crushed them and they went back to the hotel. They showed up the next afternoon and challenged us again. We crushed them again....and we were still there from the night before.

I would die attempting that today.
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee View Post
    Are you entitled to COBRA?
    Reminds me of the time I was at an outdoor bar in Thailand with a bunch of buddies and these guys from Australia challenged us to a drinking contest. We crushed them and they went back to the hotel. They showed up the next afternoon and challenged us again. We crushed them again....and we were still there from the night before.

Well, looky what the cat dragged in! How have you been?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    One of my mother's medications cost her $900 for a 3 month supply WITH insurance! (Would be $3,000 without). Ridiculous.
    One of my UC meds cost $700- a month without insurance. Gotta keep the pharma company execs rolling in the millions......

NYYF Legend

^^^

Can't believe Kev is 54 and doing this kind of stuff....and winning.

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Well, looky what the cat dragged in! How have you been?
    Been ok, thanks. Hectic as usual....especially at the end of the school year with all the exams, dance recitals, gymnastic show, and now even Mikey is at it with baseball. It's all good but almost no down time. And now, the girls are socializing more than ever so between me and the broad, we are a limo service. It cuts way to much into my evening cocktails. I'm not happy about it. Congrats on all the car activity. I saw on FB. How are you?

NYYF Legend

Mine monthly cost is about $325 monthly before healthcare.......$45 is my actual cost

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Been ok, thanks. Hectic as usual....especially at the end of the school year with all the exams, dance recitals, gymnastic show, and now even Mikey is at it with baseball. It's all good but almost no down time. And now, the girls are socializing more than ever so between me and the broad, we are a limo service. It cuts way to much into my evening cocktails. I'm not happy about it. Congrats on all the car activity. I saw on FB. How are you?
    Wow! You definitely sound like you do a lot of running around! It becomes easier when at least one of them drives, but then there's worrying that goes along with that. I only have 2 and the running around was crazy when they were both playing sports, I can't imagine what it would be like with more than 2!

Nick is done with classes, but has 3 exams still, all spread out 3 different days. He has his permit and has been driving quite a bit (finally let me drive with him-he wouldn't for almost the first 2 months).

Shannen is home and working for the summer, but is renting an apartment in Brooklyn shortly, so when she goes back to school in August, she'll be looking for a job down there. In the meantime, she's working at Nissan as many hours as she can and saving $ like crazy.

I'm really loving the car club/show scene. Never thought I would be into that, even though I always loved cars. It's a lot of work keeping the car that clean, especially since I drive it a lot, but it's something of an accomplishment and it feels good to be recognized for that.

NYYF Legend

Wow! You definitely sound like you do a lot of running around! It becomes easier when at least one of them drives, but then there's worrying that goes along with that. I only have 2 and the running around was crazy when they were both playing sports, I can't imagine what it would be like with more than 2!

Nick is done with classes, but has 3 exams still, all spread out 3 different days. He has his permit and has been driving quite a bit (finally let me drive with him-he wouldn't for almost the first 2 months).

Shannen is home and working for the summer, but is renting an apartment in Brooklyn shortly, so when she goes back to school in August, she'll be looking for a job down there. In the meantime, she's working at Nissan as many hours as she can and saving $ like crazy.

I'm really loving the car club/show scene. Never thought I would be into that, even though I always loved cars. It's a lot of work keeping the car that clean, especially since I drive it a lot, but it's something of an accomplishment and it feels good to be recognized for that.
    Running around with 3 kids with sports is nuts...esp when they play travel.

I think it's great that you've gotten involved with the Camaro Club and made some nice friendships. I def notice a Camaro lately since you've joined. Saw a beautiful, shiny red one this morning.

NYYF Legend

Running around with 3 kids with sports is nuts...esp when they play travel.

I think it's great that you've gotten involved with the Camaro Club and made some nice friendships. I def notice a Camaro lately since you've joined. Saw a beautiful, shiny red one this morning.
    It's really like a big family. I love it.

I still don't see too many around where I live. Saw a yellow one the other day I have not seen before. We waved at each other.

Most of my buddies in the club are either south of me (Bronx, Queens, LI) or north of me (Poughkeepsie, Pawling, Hopewell, Fishkill etc) but I don't mind travelling.

Wow...2 kids driving, one about to rent an apt. in Brooklyn...it all sounds so "grown up". I know you said it's a whole new phase of worrying with the driving and all but I dream of the day my kids become more self sufficient.

It's really like a big family. I love it.

I still don't see too many around where I live. Saw a yellow one the other day I have not seen before. We waved at each other.

Most of my buddies in the club are either south of me (Bronx, Queens, LI) or north of me (Poughkeepsie, Pawling, Hopewell, Fishkill etc) but I don't mind travelling.
    Plenty of guineas in Camaros on L.I.

NYYF Legend

Wow...2 kids driving, one about to rent an apt. in Brooklyn...it all sounds so "grown up". I know you said it's a whole new phase of worrying with the driving and all but I dream of the day my kids become more self sufficient.
    Tell me about it. My babies are 20 and 16. Where the heck did the time go?
    I do like having them drive (although Nick can't take his road test till t least October-they must wait 6 months now- and will be taking driver's ed this summer). But being the worrier that I am, I still will worry.

Plenty of guineas in Camaros on L.I.
    I am amazed at the number of young guys that have brand new Camaros. We have a couple of teenage boys in the club (one that was 16 when he got his car and one that is 19). I just can't see giving a kid a brand new car like that, but that's me. Lots of early 20s too.

NYYF Legend

I just saw your pics Karen. Very cool! The white Camaro with the door that go up - why would someone want that? To be different? It must cost more, right? The only car I've seen like that around here (with doors like that) was a Lamborghini.

NYYF Legend

I just saw your pics Karen. Very cool! The white Camaro with the door that go up - why would someone want that? To be different? It must cost more, right? The only car I've seen like that around here (with doors like that) was a Lamborghini.
    Surprisingly, quite a few of the people in my club have those vertical doors. They are expensive (even with a group buy someone arranged and installation by a club member, it still comes out to about $1800). Not my taste but that's what makes all these cars different. Everyone puts their own personal touches on them. At first glance, people think "oh, look at all these new cars at a show filled with classics", but when they come over and look to see what everyone has done, they are usually pleasantly surprised. Not one of our group's cars are completely stock the way they came from the factory. Mine isn't either, but it's mostly cosmetic and very subtle mods.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Hello friends

NYYF Legend

Hi Lindie!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Hello friends

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

two more days.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Afternoon, LTE!

Raining here most of the afternoon. Nick and his friend took Cassie for a walk in the rain. Nothing worse than the smell of wet dog that romped through a small pond.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    One of the most famous cartoons every made. I still laugh when I see it.
    Let the kids play.

Are you entitled to COBRA?
    I would be entitled to keep the healthcare coverage under COBRA that was provided by my ex-wife prior to the divorce for 36 months but it isn't cheap (and most likely it will continue to increase during the 36 months).
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I don't know what I'd do without my Nexium ($10 every 30 pills and I take it probably 3-4 times a week), but I hear Prilosec is basically the same thing.
    They offered 3 generic alternatives (there isn't a generic substitute for Nexium as of yet). I've taken one of them before and it didn't agree with me. I'll run the other two by my doctor and let him decide which to try first.

I had a feeling the Nexium was a goner but I can't complain. I still have coverage which unfortunately a lot of folks do not.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I don't know what I'd do without my Nexium ($10 every 30 pills and I take it probably 3-4 times a week), but I hear Prilosec is basically the same thing.
    We have decent insurance but they refused to cover Nexium or any other major heartburn med when I was pregnant. My heartburn was REALLY bad. The doc I had at the time didn't have the most efficient office, and never got the pre-auth done. I had to use Prilosec, which they covered. It helped but not as much as I'd have hoped for. Anyway, I switched OBs, so hopefully that won't happen again if I ever have another kid. This doc seems much more competent. (I was going to say "on top of things" but that doesn't sound right about an OB. )

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Mine monthly cost is about $325 monthly before healthcare.......$45 is my actual cost
    How much is that in real money?

Seriously, I thought you Canucks didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I would be entitled to keep the healthcare coverage under COBRA that was provided by my ex-wife prior to the divorce for 36 months but it isn't cheap (and most likely it will continue to increase during the 36 months).
    I believe under COBRA, the member is required to pay 102% of the original premium, meaning you lose any subsidies from your ex-wife's company and on top of that pay a 2% "administrative fee" to the insurer. My girlfriend's father is going through this now, as he is in a similar position after his divorce.

The state of CT has all sorts of options (not just for extreme low income residents). Have you looked into those at all?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    We have decent insurance but they refused to cover Nexium or any other major heartburn med when I was pregnant. My heartburn was REALLY bad. The doc I had at the time didn't have the most efficient office, and never got the pre-auth done. I had to use Prilosec, which they covered. It helped but not as much as I'd have hoped for. Anyway, I switched OBs, so hopefully that won't happen again if I ever have another kid. This doc seems much more competent. (I was going to say "on top of things" but that doesn't sound right about an OB. )

How much is that in real money?

Seriously, I thought you Canucks didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.
    My surgery and recovery paid 100% in all about $105,000 plus I got 90% of my salary for 26 weeks as for the drugs they pay about 80% ..........amount sounds about what the sales tax would be.......which figures......and all my follow ups are paid for..........with my retirement starting I don't mind socialized medicine............time for the yoots to pay up.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Thread Information