15 Dayton Dawe RHP Lucas SS, London, Ont. $100,000
    16 Stefan Lopez RHP Southeastern Louisiana $100,000
    17 Tim Flight LHP Southern New Hampshire
    18 Brady Lail RHP Bingham HS, South Jordan, Utah $225,000
    19 Dietrich Enns LHP Central Michigan
    20 Mike Reynolds SS Texas A&M
    21 Jimmy Reed LHP Maryland
    22 Brett Marks RHP Wallace State (Ala.) CC
    23 Vincent Jackson OF Luella HS, McDonough, Ga.
    24 Jose Mesa Jr. RHP Flanagan HS, Pembroke Pines, Fla $100,000 .
    25 Ty Moore OF Mater Dei HS, Santa Ana, Calif.
    26 Charles Haslup RHP Maryland
    27 Danny Oh OF California
    28 D. J. Sewart OF The Bolles School, Jacksonville, Fla.
    29 Jose Diaz LHP Advantage Learning Institute, Ponce, P.R
    30 Raph Rhymes OF Louisiana State
    31 Kevin Johnson RHP Illinois
    32 Garrett Cannizaro SS Tulane
    33 Saxton Butler 1B/C Samford
    34 Eric Erickson LHP Miami
    35 Kyle Farmer SS Georgia
    36 Dalton Smith C University City HS, San Diego $100,000
    37 Charles Basford RHP Samford
    38 David Thompson OF Westminster Christian, Miami, Fla.
    39 Bo Decker OF East Ridge HS, Clermont, Fla.
    40 Sherman LaCrus OF/C Western Oklahoma State JC
    Last edited by dpbddd99; 07-19-12 at 01:37 PM.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Draft Results

Posada_20
    Caleb Frare has signed too according to Kevin Levine-Flandrup via Twitter
    I can't find this on twitter, but perhaps someone else has a better way to search. I would add this though, in green.

Saw it on Kevin Levine-Flandrup's twitter account - @YankeesDraft, where he tweeted Frare congratulating him on his signing

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Posada_20 View Post
    Saw it on Kevin Levine-Flandrup's twitter account - @YankeesDraft, where he tweeted Frare congratulating him on his signing
    I wasn't doubting you at all. I just can't seem to find it on his account. Then again, I am having lots of twitter issues today, so..........

NYYF MVP

Isn't a supposedly already signed 2nd rounder missing from this list?
    "No, I would not like to reconsider being a Yankee fan, and no, marrying a New Englander should have no bearing on it."

Richmond Virginians

Quote Originally Posted by IrishYankee View Post
    Isn't a supposedly already signed 2nd rounder missing from this list?
    not sure how that happened but updated to include

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    not sure how that happened but updated to include
    No thank you for making the list. Just wanted to see him in blue :-)
    "No, I would not like to reconsider being a Yankee fan, and no, marrying a New Englander should have no bearing on it."

Richmond Virginians

Flight will sign for right price.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...0101/706079914

Early word on Vincent Jackson isn't very promising. I tweeted Kevin Levine-Flandrup who has spoken to him, asking if he is open to signing with Yanks.

His response: "He knows what they have to offer and it is not enough"

Lopez met with the Yankees on Thursday
    New Iberia’s Stefan Lopez will decide quickly whether to sign a professional contract with the New York Yankees or return to Southeastern Louisiana University for his senior season after being drafted in the 16th round by the 27-time World Series champions on Wednesday.
    Lopez said Thursday he and his parents will meet with representatives of the Yankees tonight to discuss signing with the team after being selected in the 16th round of Major League Baseball’s amateur player draft . www.iberianet.com

You can turn Dugas blue because I saw a picture of him signing his contract that his girlfriend posted on twitter.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Interesting comments from Frare:
    “There was no question about it,” Frare said about his decision to sign. “It was a team-by-team basis (on whether or not I signed) for the most part but going in there was a few teams that if they drafted me I would have signed regardless of which round it was.”
    Although drafted in the top quarter of the draft, Frare said the most nervous he’d been throughout the entire process was on Tuesday.
    “Some of the projections had me going a little bit higher so I got a little nervous after those rounds passed,” Frare said. “Teams were calling in the third and fifth rounds saying they’d make me their next pick and then it didn’t happen so it got a little bit stressful.”
    But then the Yankees came calling.
    “They asked if wanted to sign an 11th-round contract and I told them ‘yes,’” Frare said. “The next thing I knew is my name’s being called on the computer. It was crazy.”

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1xINlCwAo

NYYF Legend

Thanks once again ,thank you for taking the time out to do this thread. To me V. Jackson is the must sign of this draft and for what its worth Im troubled by Aune's swings in the small amount of video Ive seen. Hope for the best .

According to a tweet: Stewart is a non-sign. D.J. Stewart says: "I'll be holding centerfield down next year in a NOLE uniform." Will not sign with NYY. @gooooDJ1@DeVoTrav

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler51 View Post
    According to a tweet: Stewart is a non-sign. D.J. Stewart says: "I'll be holding centerfield down next year in a NOLE uniform." Will not sign with NYY. @gooooDJ1@DeVoTrav
    With the probability of Stewart & Jackson not signing it is really about Moore & Lail as far as signability cases are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Thanks once again ,thank you for taking the time out to do this thread. To me V. Jackson is the must sign of this draft and for what its worth Im troubled by Aune's swings in the small amount of video Ive seen. Hope for the best .
    Why is he a must sign?

We go through this routine every year about certain players being a must sign. More of them failed than succeed. Furthermore, the Yankees option to sign these must signs are very restricted now so I don't invest too much concern on whether they do or not because chances are they don't have enough money in their slot allotment to get it done anyway.

With the probability of Stewart & Jackson not signing it is really about Moore & Lail as far as signability cases are concerned.
    I think those are two the Yankees really like.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Why is he a must sign?

We go through this routine every year about certain players being a must sign. More of them failed than succeed. Furthermore, the Yankees option to sign these must signs are very restricted now so I don't invest too much concern on whether they do or not because chances are they don't have enough money in their slot allotment to get it done anyway.
    Agreed most signings are a bust but JMO the scouting reports I have read and clips ive seen make VJ s upside the most appealing to me. I would target him as a huge cog in the in the balance of a good or bad draft.

Agreed most signings are a bust but JMO the scouting reports I have read and clips ive seen make VJ s upside the most appealing to me. I would target him as a huge cog in the in the balance of a good or bad draft.
    I disagree 100% with the concept that this guy makes or breaks the entire draft. The probability is this guy is not even a future Major Leaguer (Let alone Derek Jeter). If you look at the history of the entire draft, how many guys did the Yankees draft but not sign that had a materially negative effect on the franchise? If Cole is an All-Star and (Or) brings Championships to Pittsburgh, he would be the first.

NYYF Legend

I disagree 100% with the concept that this guy makes or breaks the entire draft. The probability is this guy is not even a future Major Leaguer (Let alone Derek Jeter). If you look at the history of the entire draft, how many guys did the Yankees draft but not sign that had a materially negative effect on the franchise? If Cole is an All-Star and (Or) brings Championships to Pittsburgh, he would be the first.
    It is a crap shoot for sure but for all the past non signed Yankee picks that haven't made it there are some out there other then Cole doing well. Numbers show that most wont but its my opinion a player they should do what they can to sign is VJ.If you read into what he's said after the draft you'll see it doesn't look good. For every Bard there was a Purcey. If you know what I mean.

It is a crap shoot for sure but for all the past non signed Yankee picks that haven't made it there are some out there other then Cole doing well. Numbers show that most wont but its my opinion a player they should do what they can to sign is VJ.If you read into what he's said after the draft you'll see it doesn't look good. For every Bard there was a Purcey. If you know what I mean.
    You mentioned Daniel Bard and I know others have mentioned Mark Prior as a drafting non-sign error (Which history proved incorrect). But what I mean by negative game changer, is a Roger Clemens who was drafted by the Mets and would not pay him, so he went to the University of Texas. If you are a team like the Yankees you can afford to be a bit selective, because you know there are always guys out there like Frare and Camarena who want to be in this organization. Another point is this: I don't know Jackson, but his heart might be set on College, or he simply is not made for Pinstripes (See Cole and countless others). But it is not a big deal.

The internet scouting reports we based our opinions on are not always accurate with their projection and much of the time are dead wrong. Even the teams that do the drafting based on their draft board and their internal scouting reports are wrong more often than not. Sweating over one prospect signing from an entire draft class, that most of us, weren't even aware of prior to his selection is just a useless exercise in my opinion. Others can do so, but I don't know enough about Jackson to come to that conclusion.

Due to slot money restrictions, I don't know if Jackson is good enough to foresake signing any other prospects just so you can sign Jackson with your 4.2M restriction.

NYYF Legend

Your right I don't really know VJ but if the reports are correct he told the Yanks before the draft he was a really leaning towards Tenn. With that said they still drafted him. As I see he has a nice up side and to me thats what its all about.Doing the math he has Size, speed and throws a 90+ FB from the left side (good arm). Could he still bomb out ? Yes ,he sure could but as I see it he has as much promise as Aune ,if not more IMO.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

I hope he proves me wrong, but Dugas seems like a waste of 100K.

Fuld with lesser defense is horrible.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information