+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Need a CLEVER statement about Santana's 1 Hitter Game.. Oops, I mean No Hitter...

... without causing a ruckus with security and be ejected for offensive materials.

Most baseball fans know that Johan Santana's No-Hitter was actually a 1-hitter. The ball passed the base and hit the chalk line (and the evidence is night and day) - it was a hit. The third base ump must have been blinded by the flying chalk or something.

The only groups that not seeing it as a hit and saying mistakes are part of the game - METS fans (got to love them lovable losers - I got some of those in my extended families), Johan Santana's fans, and oh-well-shyt-happens fans.

Back to the point of this thread - a friend of mine has a print shop and he wants to print t-shirt for the group of 40 or so for friday night game at the stadium. He wants something CLEVER yet not offensive. And at the moment, all of the one-liner are offensive and ejection-able by security standard.

So, reply with your best one-liner, and the shop owner will choose. And oh, the winner will get TWO t-shirt for FREE!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Re: Need a CLEVER statement about Santana's 1 Hitter Game.. Oops, I mean No Hitter...

Santana's no-hitter: Chalk it up to bad umpiring
    Rocking that "arrogant Yankee fan" attitude.

Re: Need a CLEVER statement about Santana's 1 Hitter Game.. Oops, I mean No Hitter...

"After 50 years that's close enough."
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Oh for crying out loud, why are people obsessing over this.... let them have their no hitter. Johan is awesome. Whatever. This is driving me nuts that people are still talking about this.

Remember when a little boy in RF saved a playoff series for us?
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, why are people obsessing over this.... let them have their no hitter. Johan is awesome. Whatever. This is driving me nuts that people are still talking about this.

Remember when a little boy in RF saved a playoff series for us?
    Oh for crying out loud, why are you obsessing over people having a little fun with it? The thread is pretty easy not to click if you can't stand to see the Mets goofed on.

And oh, Jeffrey Maier hardly "saved the series" for the Yankees...

agree ...let the met fans have this bone, who knows when they get to gloat again.
    that is one of their top 10 moments in the last 50 years,
    and there really arent too many top moments if you can count 10 of them.

the yanks have won 5 ws, had 2 perfect games, a no hitter by dwight gooden, mariano breaking records, jeter's 3000th hit .... all in the last 16 years.

I'm not looking forward to the ridiculousness of Arod getting to 700,714,715,755 ...
    its going to be embarrassing to try and even defend him if he's wearing a Yankee uniform

Meh...yeah they got the benefit of a call. You need luck involved sometimes to achieve something special. We've certainly had our share of lucky breaks over the years.

Let the Mets fans enjoy it. My dad's a Mets fan, and I havent seen him that excited watching a game in years.

this is from my uncle - who is a Mets fan.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post

You got my vote.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    ... without causing a ruckus with security and be ejected for offensive materials.

Most baseball fans know that Johan Santana's No-Hitter was actually a 1-hitter. The ball passed the base and hit the chalk line (and the evidence is night and day) - it was a hit. The third base ump must have been blinded by the flying chalk or something.

The only groups that not seeing it as a hit and saying mistakes are part of the game - METS fans (got to love them lovable losers - I got some of those in my extended families), Johan Santana's fans, and oh-well-shyt-happens fans.

Back to the point of this thread - a friend of mine has a print shop and he wants to print t-shirt for the group of 40 or so for friday night game at the stadium. He wants something CLEVER yet not offensive. And at the moment, all of the one-liner are offensive and ejection-able by security standard.

So, reply with your best one-liner, and the shop owner will choose. And oh, the winner will get TWO t-shirt for FREE!
    Ugh. This stuff is so annoying. Let me get something straight: No no-hitter in baseball history has ever been aided by a blown call, right? Never happened?

Why do I highly doubt that. It was a no-hitter. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, why are you obsessing over people having a little fun with it? The thread is pretty easy not to click if you can't stand to see the Mets goofed on.

And oh, Jeffrey Maier hardly "saved the series" for the Yankees...
    A little fun with it? Dude what I've been hearing hasn't been about a little fun. I mean, have your fun if that's what it is but it's getting old to me. But you are correct, I can ignore the thread.

Obviously i was exaggerating for affect here, but he played a big role. You can't deny that!

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Ugh. This stuff is so annoying. Let me get something straight: No no-hitter in baseball history has ever been aided by a blown call, right? Never happened?

Why do I highly doubt that. It was a no-hitter. Plain and simple.

In Warner Wolf's voice - break out the video tape for Dwight Gooden No-hitter please.

(any one got a copy of the game on VHS?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Obviously i was exaggerating for affect here, but he played a big role. You can't deny that!
    Off topic but I think all Maier probably did was reverse the order of wins in the first 2 games. If the ump gets the call right and the score stands, Rivera and Wetteland don't get in the game, and the next day it's Mariano pitching in the 8th (when the O's had their winning rally) instead of Jeff Nelson. There are too many variables to know for sure but that's probably how it would have gone IMO: O's win Game 1, Yanks get Game 2.

And of course the Yankees went on to pretty much wipe their butts with the Orioles down in Baltimore.

There was also the obvious strike 3 that was called a ball right before Tino hit a grand slam in the WS.

Teams get the benefits of calls that lead to huge rewards. These things happen all the time.

But again, have your fun. I'll ignore the infatuation.

NYYF Legend

"Let's Go Yankees"

NYYF Legend

If you want to play that game, then Larsen's perfect game in 56 wasn't because the ump blew the game ending third strike. It clearly was outside.

Once an ump makes a call and the next pitch is thrown the result is gospel. Having fun on the Mets? Rediculous, you guys are being malicious.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Not a "statement" but how about:

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post

So? As the old saying goes, "It ain't nothin' till I call it."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    If you want to play that game, then Larsen's perfect game in 56 wasn't because the ump blew the game ending third strike. It clearly was outside.

Once an ump makes a call and the next pitch is thrown the result is gospel. Having fun on the Mets? Rediculous, you guys are being malicious.

Andy

Ball and strike calls are not part of this topic - since it is vary since inception.

Why do they have chalk lines? So it is the difference between fair and foul. The ball was CLEARLY hit the chalk line passes the base - there was no reason for it to be a foul ball. Another thing, the ball didnt just nipped the chalk line - it put a dent on the chalk line that it was VISIBLE to the naked eye.

This is all about the blind umpire how he gave it to the Mets organization. Even Santana knows that his No-No is BEYOND tainted. If there was a BS milestone - this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post

Cant have the picture printed on the shirts - even though I agree with you.

Picture worth a thousand words.

Dont want MLB and Mets' Legal department sending out "cease and desist" message on the forum.

let them live. Everyone, including Mets organization/fans knows what the deal is, no reason to exploit it.

It's like when you play basketball with your girlfriend of little brother and you let them get the winning shot even though you could have swatted it across the street.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

NYYF Legend

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

From St. Louis newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    From St. Louis newspaper.

Awesome.

Now where the * is ... it should read ...... (the winning one-liner instead)

Thread Information