+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: June 2012 Minor League Thread

Josh Norris@jnorris427 Although he didn't share this opinion, a scout today said this about Corban Joseph: "People I know think he's Chase Utley." #Yankees

Hows David Adams looked?
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Josh Norris@jnorris427 Although he didn't share this opinion, a scout today said this about Corban Joseph: "People I know think he's Chase Utley." #Yankees
    Damn, high praise...

This is terrible to do on my part because Robinson Cano is well, Robinson Cano but I'm going to be that guy...

Robinson Cano Minor league career OPS: .756
    Corban Joseph Minor League career OPS: .786

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

His fielding probably isn't as good as Cano.

One of the two needs to change position, or trade bait. And Id rather keep him b/c I don't think we will get the value he's worth in a trade.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    His fielding probably isn't as good as Cano.

One of the two needs to change position, or trade bait. And Id rather keep him b/c I don't think we will get the value he's worth in a trade.
    Based on everything I have read over the past couple of years, Corban Joseph is a bat-first 2nd baseman. His fielding leaves a lot to be desired.

If the Yankees decide to let Cano go after 2013 to keep the payroll below 189 million in 2014, I can see Adams as the replacement ahead of Joseph, due to the glove. Unless either Adams can't stay healthy, or Joseph improves.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Based on everything I have read over the past couple of years, Corban Joseph is a bat-first 2nd baseman. His fielding leaves a lot to be desired.

If the Yankees decide to let Cano go after 2013 to keep the payroll below 189 million in 2014, I can see Adams as the replacement ahead of Joseph, due to the glove. Unless either Adams can't stay healthy, or Joseph improves.
    That's seems likely
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

I thought they both weren't great in the field with Adams being better, but if Joesph's bat keeps progressing like it has been, I don't think Adams' glove will give him the nod.

NYYF Legend

I thought they both weren't great in the field with Adams being better, but if Joesph's bat keeps progressing like it has been, I don't think Adams' glove will give him the nod.

It's not just the glove. Adams has the bat also. Look at his career. There (was) some speed in there also, along with a bit of pop.

It's not just the glove. Adams has the bat also. Look at his career. There (was) some speed in there also, along with a bit of pop.
    I know, but I think to date what Joseph has done has been more impressive and he seems to be improving while not stumbling in promotions.

NYYF Legend

I know, but I think to date what Joseph has done has been more impressive and he seems to be improving while not stumbling in promotions.
    Adams actually was on a straight line to the Pros until that bad injury almost 2 full seasons ago. With him, it's all about health. Every part of his game is otherwise ready. He just needs the ABs now, to make up for the time missed the last 2 years.

Adams actually was on a straight line to the Pros until that bad injury almost 2 full seasons ago. With him, it's all about health. Every part of his game is otherwise ready. He just needs the ABs now, to make up for the time missed the last 2 years.
    I want to see a larger sample size from him. He was putting up a rare line for anyone in the Canyon of Trenton and I don't think he can keep it up over the course of a season healthy or not.

Corban has put up his line at a younger age and isn't far from Adams line.

Gary Sanchez stole home. gumbs with a steal as well. Austin 2 for 2 with a double and two runs scored.

Austin 3:16

Rutckyj

5 IP, 4 H, 1 UER, 2 BB, 2 K
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

With Cano, Jeter and Arod likely not going anywhere for a while, wouldn't there be some value in turning a guy like Joseph or Adams into a utility man? They both seem to be good combinations between Pena and Nunez - better fielders than Nunez, better hitters than Pena.

This is especially in regard to Adams. Joseph might be turning himself into a legitimate prospect who could start somewhere (maybe a trade chip), but Adams is already a little old for a prospect, and it wouldn't hurt to see what he could do at other positions - it could speed up his time to get to the majors.

Mason with a jack. Bichette with three hits. Rutckyj with a solid start, hope he can keep turning them out. Doesn't have to be flashy on his first full season year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    betances probably, but i doubt anyone will really lower thier evaluations of banuelos unless the injury is serious, this is just his age 21 season no matter how long he has been around here
    He's still under 5'11.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylarry View Post
    He's still under 5'11.
    How you know, did you measure him?
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Richmond Virginians

RiverDogs right fielder Tyler Austin, catchers Gary Sanchez and Francisco Arcia, starting pitcher Bryan Mitchell and reliever Pedro Guerra were all named to the South Atlantic League All-Star game’s Southern Division team. Sanchez received more votes than any player on either squad.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    RiverDogs right fielder Tyler Austin, catchers Gary Sanchez and Francisco Arcia, starting pitcher Bryan Mitchell and reliever Pedro Guerra were all named to the South Atlantic League All-Star game’s Southern Division team. Sanchez received more votes than any player on either squad.
    No Mason Williams???

Richmond Virginians

No Mason Williams???
    Correct, no Williams.

Faith is a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Correct, no Williams.
    Which is...odd...

Anyone have information on when we might see Turley and/or Campos back on the field ??

NYYF Legend

turley is dealing with blisters, so we'll probably see him way sooner tan campos, who's dealing with a bum elbow
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

A game like this will get everybody's numbers healthy real quick.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...yarok_dwarok_1
    Cashman told Accorsi, “[B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].”

Thread Information